Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:20:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Rules  (Read 250880 times)
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 07:34:24 am »

Dulak was the easiest to equip my toons with just because of corpses laying around... I mean I get my warrior to Dulak the first time at lvl 30... lol The first 5 mobs I looted I got BP, Legs and a bracer....

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 07:39:33 am »

Dulak was the easiest to equip my toons with just because of corpses laying around... I mean I get my warrior to Dulak the first time at lvl 30... lol The first 5 mobs I looted I got BP, Legs and a bracer....

LOL! Dang!  i am sooo NOT that lucky!

I don't know how long it took me to just get the headband.  I kept finding bracers and even those were rare at the time.

Rob Smiley
Gunthar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 07:07:33 am »

The ninjalooting rules should be clarified also. Especially in cases where players are nonstop pulling mobs and are not looking like they would loot the corpses or are not reacting on /ooc or /tells (I do not count /say because it can get missed to easy) when asking for the loot. Something similar like the boss camp rules (Engage in 5 min after pop up or losing the right on that boss) would be neat. Ex: Loot becoming free for all after 5 min or so. 5 min should be enough to get the loot for someone outside the group. And if it is possible to adjust the build in loot block timer as well. Many people don't know that they can /con a corpse also to get the decay timer. And that the corpses stay 30 min in the game if not looted at all.
istvaan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 09:01:47 am »

ninjalooting stuff

no.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 09:23:39 am »

Ex: Loot becoming free for all after 5 min or so.

I'm sorry but this is just crap.  How about instead of changing rules to enable vulturism people make friends or characters and focus on killing shit for themselves.

I rarely find anyone who is completely unavailable to communicate with who wasn't just standing in a corner in Nexus.  There are plenty of people who advertise rots and allow people to loot them when asked.

The rules are pretty straightforward don't take stuff you didn't kill without explicit permission. The only exception I can think of is there is no one around so the kill was obviously abandoned.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:46:34 am by Thyl » Logged

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 09:38:16 am »

I don't think you're looking for a clarification.  The rule is extremely clear.  Do not loot any corpse you did not kill without permission from the person/group that killed it.  That's about as straightforward as it gets.

What you want is a rule change that sets a specfic time limit at which point it becomes ok to loot a corpse that you did not kill.  I don't advocate such a change myself.  I'm fine with the idea that if a group wants to let something rot it's their right to do so.  The stuff will drop again.

Technically, the rules don't even allow for looting abandoned corpses, though I think most of the community doesn't get too bent out of shape about that.  I know that if I leave a corpse behind with stuff on it I figure someone will come along and check it.  Most folks who don't want the stuff looted would simply destroy the corpse before moving on.
Gunthar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 10:22:14 am »

I'm sorry but this is just crap.  How about instead of changing rules to enable vulturism people make friends or characters and focus on killing shit for themselves.

I rarely find anyone who is completely unavailable to communicate with who was just standing in a corner in Nexus.  There are plenty of people who advertise rots and allow people to loot them when asked.

The rules are pretty straightforward don't take stuff you didn't kill without explicit permission. The only exception I can think of is there is no one around so the kill was obviously abandoned.

I'm agreeing with this also. But there are still people around who not even respond to tells even if they are playing. For me when someone is not replying then he is assumed not to be there. And nobody can complain that he missed the tell because it is possible to make separate tell windows (should be put in the beginners guide to stop complains in that direction). And this counts not even on the loot thing. This counts even by attempting to find a group or help! When someone can not reply a tell in about 5 min or so then he shows no interest on other players or is probably botting. And for AFKs is there a nice command. Even in a fight is possible to send a short tell "mom" or "wait".

The rule should clarify also what is with abandonned corpses.
Mirielle
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:34:58 am »

IMO if you see a person or group near a killed mob, you send a tell and get no response, then leave the corpse alone.   You have not been given permission.  They need not reply if they don't want to (rude, I know, but there are people like that).

If there is no-one by the body, and 3-4 mins has gone by, then I would consider it abandoned....but that is just my viewpoint.  Others may think a different timer is appropriate.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:00 am »

I'm sorry but this is just crap.  How about instead of changing rules to enable vulturism people make friends or characters and focus on killing shit for themselves.

I rarely find anyone who is completely unavailable to communicate with who was just standing in a corner in Nexus.  There are plenty of people who advertise rots and allow people to loot them when asked.

I'm agreeing with this also. But there are still people around who not even respond to tells even if they are playing. For me when someone is not replying then he is assumed not to be there. And nobody can complain that he missed the tell because it is possible to make separate tell windows (should be put in the beginners guide to stop complains in that direction). And this counts not even on the loot thing. This counts even by attempting to find a group or help! When someone can not reply a tell in about 5 min or so then he shows no interest on other players or is probably botting. And for AFKs is there a nice command. Even in a fight is possible to send a short tell "mom" or "wait".

The rule should clarify also what is with abandonned corpses.

I don't think you can put the burden on someone else to keep their items from being taken.

The problem with tells in combat is that if a person is playing multiple toons they still might never see a tell to one. I know for instance most people send tells to my war Thyl because he pulls mobs. The truth is though once I get him situated I'm on him the least.  I'm switching between cleric and sometimes mulitple dps so I don't always see tells people send to one specific toon. Especially if things like OOC or emotes have rolled the window up.  Alot of times I actually do hit r on my toons after a fight if someone was standing around to see if they said something.

There are several situations were a loot might not be grabbed in a certain amount of time. IE a client crashed or you are giving loot to someone not in the immediate area but asked you directly for it to be reserved.

If you can't get in touch with people still around the corpse then you have to leave it be.  You just didn't get anything for free and nothing was owed to you.  There are too many people running around who feel entitled to loot they did nothing for.

Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 11:02:37 am »

90% of the time, i will literally loot everything from corpses. I am just like that. I hate corpses around me, and always wonder "what am i missing if i leave all these bodies here?". So i'll waste time looting gems and what not. If i have gear i wont/cant use i'll shout in zone what is rotting.

If im just having an off day and i dont shout or loot stuff, just killing out of boredom, and i dont move from where i am "camped" i better get a tell or say or shout or something.... just what you should do. I have absolutely no problem with people looting stuff if they ask and i have no intention of even checking for stuff.

no asking, just looting, and ninja vanishing isnt cool. main point of the whole thread, and everyone can agree

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 02:40:05 pm »

It seems to me, if the owner of the server wants a 5 minute rule he could just hard code that into the corpse timer. Currently it is 2.5 minutes, just change it if it's an issue.

My opinion is, things are just fine as they are. If I want to run an alt from across the server to loot something, I just keep the loot window open so nobody could steel the loot even after the timer is up. There will of course be issues with getting adds, so this does not solve everything.

Wherever humans are concerned, you will find nice ones and not nice ones. Constantly increasing rules on all of them only increases the numbers and creativity of the not nice ones. It is that element of unpredictability that makes the nice people seem so nice.

my 2¢
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 10:14:23 am »

IMO there is way too much QQ about this issue.  These are the hardcoded rules of the server, not the unwritten "rules" of the server.  The above poster said it well when he said that if Hunter wanted to change this, he could hardcode a longer corpse timer.

At the same time there is a clear difference between grieving and looting rots.  Looting rots does not hurt anyone, as I am sure that everyone has looted a rotting piece at one point in their career on EZ without asking for permission.  If someone is running around killing mobs and obviously not concerned about the loot, ie. runs off without looting, or loots and then runs off, then after the corpse timer is up it is fair game IMO.

These are the rules of the server, and if you don't like it, move to Live or another Emu server.  Stop the QQ. 
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 10:28:51 am »

IMO there is way too much QQ about this issue.  These are the hardcoded rules of the server, not the unwritten "rules" of the server.  The above poster said it well when he said that if Hunter wanted to change this, he could hardcode a longer corpse timer.

The rules of the server are clearly written down:
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=8.0

The timer is something held over from live code. Even if the code changed it wouldn't resolve the issue if someone who was intended to have an item was outside of the group that killed the mob or in the group and died during the fight.

Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 11:06:17 am »

At the same time there is a clear difference between grieving and looting rots.  Looting rots does not hurt anyone, as I am sure that everyone has looted a rotting piece at one point in their career on EZ without asking for permission.  If someone is running around killing mobs and obviously not concerned about the loot, ie. runs off without looting, or loots and then runs off, then after the corpse timer is up it is fair game IMO.

These are the rules of the server, and if you don't like it, move to Live or another Emu server.  Stop the QQ. 

The rules of the server have been posted, they clearly state NO NINJA LOOTING. Ninja looting is looting without permission from the person that killed the mob. If you loot someone else's mob even if the timer has expired you are Ninja looting and may be banned if they turn you in. In several high end zones Hunter actually logs who kills a mob and who loots a mob for this actual purpose so if a complaint is filed he can see who looted what and take appropriate action including suspending/deleveling/banning an account. You are correct enough with the QQ, just don't loot something without getting actual permission to do so, it's really that simple. If you can't live with those rules as they are the server rules, move to another server. Hunter set the rule, it is binding, live with it.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2010, 11:48:35 am »

Official rules...

• No exploiting
  • No warping
  • No bot / afk farming
  • No bad words
  • No spamming
  • No kill stealing
  • No hording Tiki's
  • No ninja looting
  • No trains
  • Do not crash zones
  • Do not share accounts
  • Use common sense
  • Play nice and don't grief

The description...

NO NINJA LOOTING
Don't loot mobs that don't belong to you unless the person/group that killed it gave you permission.

I think its clear enough and doesnt require any debate!

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)