Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:40:21 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Rules  (Read 250879 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2012, 11:44:14 am »

I don't remember when I banned the account or why, but I do know that I rarely ban anyone, and usually when I do its for good reason.

Please make a new account and follow the rules.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2012, 09:24:00 am »

Bump (cause people don't seem to see /motd or the little link to the left that says Rules.)

A lot of new and old players should re-read these. There has been an increase of Wow factor lately on the server..which is getting old quick.

It's Hunter's server like it or leave it.. (prefer ya'll stay)

The use of common sense.. is the best rule but all the others pertain just as much!!!

Below is Hunter's Post from Page 1

• No exploiting
  • No warping
  • No bot / afk farming
  • No bad words
  • No spamming
  • No kill stealing
  • No hording Tiki's
  • Guild Quest camps
  • No ninja looting
  • No trains
  • Do not crash zones
  • Do not share accounts
  • Use common sense
  • Play nice and don't grief

NO EXPLOITING
Do not exploit bugs in the game.

NO WARPING
Our server flags people in our database for warping, so don't do it.

NO BOT / AFK FARMING
Do not use any programs to attack npc's for loot or exp, or go afk pet farming.

NO BAD WORDS
Offensive words in names or public chat will not be tolerated, such as anything sexual, racist, hateful, etc.

NO SPAMMING
Do not spam public chat.

NO KILL STEALING
Place nice here, and don't kill steal. You can hold a camp if you are not afk. When a mob spawns, you need to engage it, or else you will be considered afk and forfeit the camp. You can not have 1 toon hold the camp while waiting for your group to arrive. If your not ready to engage when the mob spawns, then your not camping it, and forfeit the rights to the camp if another party wants it. If a guild is actively buffing up when a boss spawns, then please give them about 5 minutes to engage, or else they lose the rights to the boss. If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss. You can't hold 2 or more camps at the same time, so if a group/guild is fighting a boss, then another group/guild is welcome to 'leap frog' and claim the next boss.

NO HORDING Tiki's
If the Tiki is up and you were there first, you have 5 minutes to use a Crystal to spawn the boss, or give up the camp to someone else. After the boss event is over, either succeed or fail, then you must give another group a chance to spawn the next boss. If multiple groups showed up at the exact same time, then try doing a /random to see who gets first round for a boss. Do not pull trash to Tiki's or set up camp near Tiki's for killing trash, or train the Tiki areas, cause that will be considered griefing and training. EZ Server is policed by the users with fraps and screen shots. If you think another group is going to grief you and break the rules, then make a video with fraps, preferably before you even start the event, to show the whole story. Users breaking rules and caught on video will be dealt with, and possibly banned.

GUILD QUEST CAMPS
Same as other camps. You can hold it as long as you don't go afk for more than 5 minutes during the time a mob is up. Do not loot corpses you didn't kill, unless the person that killed it expresses to you that you can do so. I will start making 100kpp instances for high demand and over camped items.

NO NINJA LOOTING
Don't loot mobs that don't belong to you unless the person/group that killed it gave you permission.

NO TRAINS
Do not make a train bigger than 10 mobs in a custom zone. This does not include pofire, which is considered non-custom. You can make any size train in non-custom zones. Do not purposely train anyone in any zone in order to kill them or any other reason.

DO NOT CRASH ZONES
Not not try to crash zones.

DO NOT SHARE ACCOUNTS
Players that get banned have their accounts linked together by IP. If you allow someone to use your account and that person breaks the rules, then your account will be linked by IP and banned as well. You have been warned.

USE COMMON SENSE
Just because I haven't listed a rule, doesn't mean you can't get banned for a certain action. Use your head, You know right and wrong. Don't be an idiot or you'll get banned.

PLAY NICE AND DON'T GRIEF
Do not harass players thru actions or words. Let them have their mobs, and don't spam them. If try to ruin the game for others, then you'll be removed from the game.

OTHER NOTES

Players that break the rules might get deleveled to level 1, suspended, banned, or have all his accounts banned.

Users police themselves with Fraps since Hunter works a lot of hours IRL. You can find a copy of Fraps very easy on the internet.

Be sure to get your easy to use copy of fraps, and keep the hotkey ready to record people. If your going to down an important boss and feel that a player may grief you, then record the fight. I know videos sizes are huge. If the boss event goes without problems, then just delete that 500 meg file that was created to record it. Users police themselves on here. Screenshots are nice, but hard to prove that someone traveled with a train since screenshots are well, static.

Do not share your accounts. If your "Bro", roommate, or child uses your account and does something dumb to grief players, then the account will get banned.

These rules are subject to change. Please check them frequently cause ignorance of the rules will not prevent you from getting banned.

Have a nice day everyone!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:25:55 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 24, 2012, 08:46:11 am »

Clear rules, I have broken one or two of them - unknowingly.

I have seen several 25+ mob pulls in LDoN4/5/6 by 'known' people, guilds, etc.  Blatantly too. Is this something I should be SS'ing or taken a video of?

I personally didn't mind, but reading this thread, I saw a few names quoting the 'absoluteness' of the ninja looting rules, yet break the train rule for custom zones.  Usually if someone is pulling that many mobs, I ask if I can loot the items I am looking for, usually chest cards, and some gear upgrades.

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2012, 10:00:33 am »

Get fraps. I run fraps in public zones because of the hypocrites on the server that tell you "Doing XYZ is against the rules" and at the same time they are telling you that, they are doing it themselves or breaking another rule.
Break the rules to your hearts content in a instance and hope hunter doesn't check it but keep that shit out of the public instances of the server.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 26, 2012, 10:29:53 am »

I think the worst zones for train infractions is Qvic. I don't really care too much anymore when people do it, but it's pretty blatant.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 26, 2012, 09:19:11 pm »

Well, to be honest, qvic has some horrible pathing + large clumps of NPCs. You can't even pull some of those houses without getting 6+ mobs with a ranged pull or 9+ by running in.
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2012, 08:01:30 am »

Well, to be honest, qvic has some horrible pathing + large clumps of NPCs. You can't even pull some of those houses without getting 6+ mobs with a ranged pull or 9+ by running in.

Yeah, but I don't think running two or three houses' worth of mobs from one side of the zone to the AFK box squad on the other side is done to alleviate pathing problems.  Cheesy

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2013, 04:23:06 pm »

Updated

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2013, 12:24:23 am »

DO NOT SELL
Selling accounts or items will get them banned or deleted.

Hunter - wondering if this might work better.  Some of the info is off EQ's site here: http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/210/kw/selling%20accounts/p/1/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2MDgyMjY2Mi9zaWQvanRBeTJQaWw%3D

DO NOT SELL
Selling accounts or items for actual currency is prohibited on EZ Server.  This includes buying, selling, trading, or giving away of any account or its information. This is a violation to the SOE End User License Agreement.  Players found engaging in these practices will have accounts banned and deleted.  Furthermore, EZ Server is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by unauthorised, player to player, transactions. 

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 14, 2013, 12:28:49 am »

You're lawyering way too much. Dude, this is just an emu server. You're over complicating way too much. I believe Hunter's 'Selling accounts or items will get them banned or deleted.' is plenty sufficient for a little emu server.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:36:50 pm by Xiggie AKA Stone » Logged

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2013, 06:44:43 pm »

• Use common sense
  • Play nice and don't grief
These rules are subject to change. Please check them frequently cause ignorance of the rules will not prevent you from getting banned.

I have noticed a lot of lame players lately that think they can just push the rules inch by inch trying to tear apart the basics of what Hunter has posted.. The bottom line use common sense and don't be a re-re and Please don't have thin skin.

I know Hunter deserves to know because it's his rule. And it seems very important to him. But the players shouldn't be out fucking each other on a daily basis.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:54:05 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2013, 05:27:27 am »

Clear rules, I have broken one or two of them - unknowingly.

I have seen several 25+ mob pulls in LDoN4/5/6 by 'known' people, guilds, etc.  Blatantly too. Is this something I should be SS'ing or taken a video of?

OMG the good old days of EZ with tons of slaughter and no politics!

--- Khaoticz
--- House of Strix
omahasac

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2013, 11:09:19 pm »

Hi all,

Thanks for many help.
My CLR has reached to Lv.70 with many people's help in these days.
This a great game and server.
Therefore, some of my roommates would like to play EQ here.
But, I notice a rule of EZserver and have a question about, "Do not share accounts".

In our rented house, our network is shared by a IP router machine that provides us intranet IP like 192.168.XXX.XXX .
Can we play EQ on EZserver in this network situation?
Or what can we do to play EQ without breaking the rule ?

Thanks! Sincerely
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 02, 2013, 11:17:25 pm »

If you all share an IP, you can still play.  However, be warned that if 1 of you decides to be a major dick and in some way get banned, you all get banned due to accounts being IP linked.
omahasac

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2013, 11:33:05 pm »

Thanks for your reply, Dethundrel !

I will ask them not to break the rule anyway.
Thanks you again!  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678