Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:09:28 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Rules  (Read 250877 times)
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 01:33:56 pm »

Oh thanks Lodar, when I originally read the rules my eyes must have skipped directly from 'No hording Tiki's' to 'No Trains', without your reiteration I would remain clueless.

Look, all Im saying is that "rules" are interpreted differently by different people.  One "official rule" is 'No bad words'.  I am fairly certain many people use bad words in game and on the forums with no repercussion or QQ.  Another "rule" is 'Use common sense'.  I have seen people do some things that clearly lack a whole lot of sense, but it is relative to that person.

The same could be said for 'No ninja looting'.  I completely agree that high end raid mobs should not be ninjalooted while it is obvious that the group that killed the mob has intent to loot it.  However, if someone kills a mob and camps out to an alt and runs it over to loot, and by the time they get there, someone else has looted the drop, that is not 'ninjalooting' in my opinion.  If there is 10 minutes left on the corpse timer and someone loots the items with noone else around with intent to loot, that is not 'ninjalooting' in my opinion.

This is a game that people play to have fun because its 'EZ'.  If you dont want to deal with folks that are looking to advance 'EZily', then there are other servers to play on is all I'm saying.  In certain circumstances ninjalooting is not acceptable and should be punishable in higher end content, but in many of the cases people are complaining about...grow up.  Right, wrong or indifferent, just my opinion.
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 01:50:28 pm »

However, let me state for the record that I do not participate or condone real ninjalooting. But I don't condemn some of the b.s. some people are trying to pass as ninja looting becasue they left the mob unattended for 15 minutes and expect their loot to be there when they got back.  I primarily play with a group of my real life friends, and we kill for our loot and progression.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 02:32:16 pm »

However, let me state for the record that I do not participate or condone real ninjalooting. But I don't condemn some of the b.s. some people are trying to pass as ninja looting becasue they left the mob unattended for 15 minutes and expect their loot to be there when they got back.  I primarily play with a group of my real life friends, and we kill for our loot and progression.

I don't think anyone is complaining about some corpse they left unatteneded half way across the zone getting looted. The thing that is pissing people off is random people walking up to coprses right where their group is and looting items as soon as the body becomes available without asking. It's rude, it's annoying, and it breaks a clear cut rule that no one able to play this game should have trouble interpreting.

Foul language is completely seperate issue and the enforcement of rules pertaining to it's use should have no bearing on what happens with ninjalooting.  Both of these things tie in with common sense. If you are in guild chat, talking with friends, or in rants forum cursing is probably fine. In OOC it's not. If no one is around you can probalby loot a corpse with 10 minutes left on it. If the corpse is right by a group killing in that spot, just ask.

Yes I agree the QQ is certainly getting old but so is people not comprehending elementary instructions.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 03:39:28 pm »

And for all you know they could have gone link dead and be trying to get back online to get that piece of loot. The clear and simple rule is you don't loot what you don't kill unless you get permission from the people that did, PERIOD. No exceptions, no excuses, no QQ, no bullshit. It's really that simple. If you do loot a mob that you didn't kill without permission and the person that killed it complains then you should be banned for ninja looting.
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 04:20:37 pm »

And for all you know they could have gone link dead and be trying to get back online to get that piece of loot. The clear and simple rule is you don't loot what you don't kill unless you get permission from the people that did, PERIOD. No exceptions, no excuses, no QQ, no bullshit. It's really that simple. If you do loot a mob that you didn't kill without permission and the person that killed it complains then you should be banned for ninja looting.

I couldn't disagree more.  In relatively trivial zones such as LDoN or Qvic in which you can effectively solo/box your way to loot, if you go LD and are gone for an extended period of time, you can not reasonably expect that loot to still be there on this server.  Maybe on another server, but not this one.  Now that is using common sense.  How would someone know that person went LD and didn't just leave the loot on the corpse to rot?  Lets say, for argument's sake, he did go LD, and there was nobody else in the zone.  You want to ban a person for doing something completely within the hardcoded rules of the game?  For something as innocent as looting a piece of loot that was about to rot on a corpse in Qvic?  That is rediculous.

And in response to Thyl-
I agree that the people who are complaining about people walking up to corpses with groups around them have legitimate complaints.  But as you can see by Crab's post, people are not just complaining about that.

Part of what makes the EZ server 'EZ' is that corpes open up to everyone after 2.5 minutes, and that loot drops like candy.  If you leave a corpse unattended for longer than that, then you can't get upset if someone loots the corpse.  Well you can, but you will sound like a child.  If you are standing over a corpse then that is a different ball game.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 04:38:17 pm »

I couldn't disagree more.  In relatively trivial zones such as LDoN or Qvic in which you can effectively solo/box your way to loot, if you go LD and are gone for an extended period of time, you can not reasonably expect that loot to still be there on this server.  Maybe on another server, but not this one.  Now that is using common sense.  How would someone know that person went LD and didn't just leave the loot on the corpse to rot?  Lets say, for argument's sake, he did go LD, and there was nobody else in the zone.  You want to ban a person for doing something completely within the hardcoded rules of the game?  For something as innocent as looting a piece of loot that was about to rot on a corpse in Qvic?  That is rediculous.

And in response to Thyl-
I agree that the people who are complaining about people walking up to corpses with groups around them have legitimate complaints.  But as you can see by Crab's post, people are not just complaining about that.

Part of what makes the EZ server 'EZ' is that corpes open up to everyone after 2.5 minutes, and that loot drops like candy.  If you leave a corpse unattended for longer than that, then you can't get upset if someone loots the corpse.  Well you can, but you will sound like a child.  If you are standing over a corpse then that is a different ball game.

The key here is Hunter has already set the rule and it is clear, no ninja looting, which he has defined as looting without permission. So you can argue any way you want, but if you do loot without permission you can be banned, that's all there is to it. So if you disagree with Hunter who owns the server, I suggest you play elsewhere since his server = his rules and that rule has been made very clear.
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 04:52:19 pm »

and that rule has been made very clear.

So clear that we have endless QQ.  

Not everybody reads the forums.  /gasp

If this was such a major issue for Hunter then wouldn't you see more people banned or even suspended?  And I think that if it were a real issue for Hunter, he would change the corpse timer to something along the lines of Live.

What it comes down to is we interpret the "rules" differently.  Back to the case where someone were to go LD and the "ninjalooter" was the only person left in the zone.  How would that "ninjalooter" know who to send a tell to and ask permission to loot the rotting corpses?  You're telling me that person should not be allowed to loot a mob on the ground that is about to rot if there is absolutely nobody else in the zone?  That is rediculous.

Lets agree to disagree.

/QQ on
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:03:20 pm by Engels » Logged
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 05:07:36 pm »

and that rule has been made very clear.

So clear that we have endless QQ.  

Not everybody reads the forums.  /gasp

If this was such a major issue for Hunter then wouldn't you see more people banned or even suspended?  And I think that if it were a real issue for Hunter, he would change the corpse timer to something along the lines of Live.

What it comes down to is we interpret the "rules" differently.  Back to the case where someone were to go LD and the "ninjalooter" was the only person left in the zone.  How would that "ninjalooter" know who to send a tell to and ask permission to loot the rotting corpses?  You're telling me that person should not be allowed to loot a mob on the ground that is about to rot if there is absolutely nobody else in the zone?  That is rediculous.

Lets agree to disagree.

/QQ on

We can agree to disagree all you like, but I can assure you that people have been banned/suspended for it in the past, and it will happen again. Hunter does not take it lightly, in fact he added specific code to higher end zone so it logs who spawned/killed/looted a mob just so he could ban people for looting when it happens.

I will be amused if you decide to loot something and end up getting banned for it which can and will happen if you think you can freely loot without permission after 2.5 minutes. This has been covered ad nauseam over multiple ez forums (at least 3) and clearly spelled out. The older players that have been playing for months/years are trying to tell you what the server rules are and you are clearly being obtuse about it. Once again according to Hunter the owner of the server you may not loot a corpse you didn't kill without permission. It's not a discussion item, if you do so and are complained about you may be banned, that's a fact not a discussion item.
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 05:13:28 pm »

If someone goes LD unknowingly to me and leaves an item on a corpse that I loot, and there is no one else in the zone, I doubt I will get banned.  His name is Hunter, not Hitler.

But if I do, meh, so be it, Id apologize for the misunderstanding, and go to another server.  Its not the end of the world, its just a game.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 05:14:50 pm »

If someone goes LD unknowingly to me and leaves an item on a corpse that I loot, and there is no one else in the zone, I doubt I will get banned.  His name is Hunter, not Hitler.

But if I do, meh, so be it, Id apologize for the misunderstanding, and go to another server.  Its not the end of the world, its just a game.

Glad to hear it, look forward to you joining another server where you may find a better grasp of the rules available to you. You would have 0 excuse for looting now that it has been made clear to you by multiple people.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »

The rule says don't loot a corpse that isn't yours without permission. There is no other interpretation. If you loot a corpse in a zone that isn't yours it is against the rules, but there is also the fact that no one is in the zone so who would know right? There isn't any what ifs or blah blah blah. It's stated CLEARLY in the rules.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 05:18:08 pm »

The rule says don't loot a corpse that isn't yours without permission. There is no other interpretation. If you loot a corpse in a zone that isn't yours it is against the rules, but there is also the fact that no one is in the zone so who would know right? There isn't any what ifs or blah blah blah. It's stated CLEARLY in the rules.

If you still fail to understand at this point what no ninja looting means then there really isn't anything I can say to make it more clear. I'm telling you it has already been defined as looting a corpse without permission that you didn't kill. Multiple people have even told you that, it can't be made more clear. If you loot a corpse you didn't kill without express permission that is ninja looting. Should the person that did kill it then file a complaint you may find yourself deleveled/suspended/banned and rightfully so.

Sorry Eliseus that wasn't aimed at you, just to be clear  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:22:14 pm by Crabthewall » Logged
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 06:03:03 pm »

I've never seen a person get banned for looting a corpse once the timer ran out where others are able to loot it.
Engels

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2010, 06:09:10 pm »

Just because a couple of flamers/ranters say it, doesn't make it true.    We will see if I get banned.  I know I am not a ninjalooter, and would never intentionally take advantage of someone else's work.  But it doesn't mean I wont loot corpses that are rotting that nobody has intentions of looting.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2010, 06:14:13 pm »

Just because a couple of flamers/ranters say it, doesn't make it true.    We will see if I get banned.  I know I am not a ninjalooter, and would never intentionally take advantage of someone else's work.  But it doesn't mean I wont loot corpses that are rotting that nobody has intentions of looting.

No one said you won't get banned, but you can because it is against the rules to loot a corpse without permission and someone catching you and reporting you could get you banned. Some of us may be a "flamer/ranter" but atleast we can understand the rules. Other other then that GL Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)