Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Rules  (Read 248268 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:11:26 am »

EZ Server Rules

• No exploiting
  • No warping
  • No bot / afk farming / afk fighting
  • Limit Profanity
  • No spamming
  • No kill stealing
  • Guild Quest camps
  • No ninja looting
  • No trains in public
  • Do not crash zones
  • Do not share accounts
  • Use common sense
  • Play nice and don't grief
  • Do not sell

NO EXPLOITING
Do not exploit bugs in the game.

NO WARPING
Our server flags people in our database for warping, so don't do it.

NO BOT / AFK FARMING / AFK LOOTING
Do not use any programs to attack npc's for loot or exp, or go afk pet farming. Players caught bot farming or playing to farm, and then AFK to loot a zone's worth of kills will still be considered botters. Addition: This includes using Twist to spam abilities. If you want to use Twist to maintain the hellish combination of spells on your Bard, that's fine. Any bard ability (and class aug click) is fine for twist. Using it on other classes (e.g. cleric, berserker, druid, shaman, etc) is NOT approved.
[Draca] this includes using automated movements to get from one area to another. You CANNOT automate a path around a zone for purposes of pulling it, or getting from one boss to the next, or simply for the convenience of not having to manually run it, that will be considered automation. Only exception is using more advanced following plugins than simply /follow, automated navigation beyond that is not allowed.

NO BAD WORDS
Offensive words in names or public chat will not be tolerated, such as anything sexual, racist, hateful, etc.

NO SPAMMING
Do not spam or intentionally start massive problems in public chat.

NO KILL STEALING
Place nice here, and don't kill steal. You can hold a camp if you are not afk. When a mob spawns, you need to engage it, or else you will be considered afk and forfeit the camp. You can not have 1 toon hold the camp while waiting for your group to arrive. If your not ready to engage when the mob spawns, then your not camping it, and forfeit the rights to the camp if another party wants it. If a guild is actively buffing up when a boss spawns, then please give them about 5 minutes to engage, or else they lose the rights to the boss. If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss. You can't hold 2 or more camps at the same time, so if a group/guild is fighting a boss, then another group/guild is welcome to 'leap frog' and claim the next boss.

GUILD QUEST CAMPS
Same as other camps. You can hold it as long as you don't go afk for more than 5 minutes during the time a mob is up. Do not loot corpses you didn't kill, unless the person that killed it expresses to you that you can do so.

NO NINJA LOOTING
Don't loot mobs that don't belong to you unless the person/group that killed it gave you permission.

NO TRAINS
Do not make a train bigger than 15 mobs in a public zone. Do not purposely train anyone in any zone in order to kill them or any other reason.

Halloween Amendment
[Draca] Training someone includes the use of a Scorpion's Spear to zone pull, which results in another player, or player's party wiping. However, in cases where instances are limited (Halloween is the most common cause of conflict), you may zone pull over another player, if you send 2 tells to that player within a 5 minute span, and receive no response. At this point, the player is deemed sufficiently AFK, and forfeits the right to complain about being trained. However, in situations where instances are not limited, and private instances can be created, there is no valid excuse to train another player.

DO NOT CRASH ZONES
Not not try to crash zones.

DO NOT SHARE ACCOUNTS
Players that get banned have their accounts linked together by IP. If you allow someone to use your account and that person breaks the rules, then your account will be linked by IP and banned as well. You have been warned. (This has happened on a large scale twice before, do not let it happen to you!) If your "Bro", roommate, or child uses your account and does something dumb to grief players, then the account will get banned.

USE COMMON SENSE
Just because I haven't listed a rule, doesn't mean you can't get banned for a certain action. Use your head, You know right and wrong.
Don't be an idiot or you'll get banned. For item reimbursements: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4231.0 (in a nutshell, if the server failed, I'll fix it. If not, then you're out).

PLAY NICE AND DON'T GRIEF
Do not harass players through actions or words. Let them have their mobs and don't spam them. If try to ruin the game for others, then you'll be removed from the game. [Draca] This is also to include being a troll, and being generally disruptive of the community. You will get a single warning to police yourself.

DO NOT SELL OR MAKE REAL MONEY TRADES (RMT)
Selling accounts or items for actual real money currency is not allowed on EZ Server.  This includes buying, selling, trading, or giving away of any money, items, or accounts. Anyone caught doing this will have the accounts banned and the items deleted. EZ Server is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by unauthorized, player to player, transactions, or for any other reasons. This includes RMT trades for characters or credits. Those caught trying to sell their characters will have them banned/destroyed.

AMENDMENT #1: I am completely OK with minimal autoattack type setup for casters. Essentially, if you have a VERY minimal and highly basic auto attack method for casters, so they too can compete on a similar level with melee...THIS IS FINE! If you set it up where the casters continually assist, on their own, which frees you up to make a sandwich, mow the yard, or otherwise step away....THIS IS *NOT* OK! I am ok with a puppetmaster approach where a tank can, like a puppetmaster, pull strings to perform a basic action. The puppetmaster does not have the ability to pull one string to make a puppet dance, shake, follow, and perform autonomously...neither shall you. -Hate

Clarification of this point:
[Draca] Being as vague wording results in confusion, I want to clarify my understanding of this. Minimal auto attack is to mean at most a 4 spell rotation, that requires a key press activation, whether directly, or through a /bca /bct command, in order to assist and attack the controlling characters target. This doesn't include automatically retargeting NPC's and attacking, only the spell rotation can be automated. This also doesn't include using auto-casting when standing around as a way to level skills, or for any other reason.

AMENDMENT #2:
General Guidelines for instances and the use of zone pulls:
 • Minimum of 6 man groups in each zone being zone pulled.
 • Stagger zone pulls amongst your boxes by at least 30 seconds.

OTHER NOTES
Players that break the rules might get deleveled to level 1, suspended, banned, or have all his/her accounts banned.

Users police themselves with FRAPS since Akkadius and Hateborne cannot be online 100% of the time. You can find a copy of FRAPS very easy on the internet. Be sure to get your easy to use copy of FRAPS, and keep the hotkey ready to record people. If your going to down an important boss and feel that a player may grief you, then record the fight. I know videos sizes are huge. If the boss event goes without problems, then just delete that 500 meg file that was created to record it. Users police themselves on here. Screenshots are nice, but hard to prove that someone traveled with a train since screenshots are well, static.

On the subject of macros and when/if they cross the line: If you are completing entire fights or clearing wings of a zone with a few clicks/presses, that's too much. If you can start your characters attacking and then go make a sandwich, that's too much. If pressing a few buttons will start numerous chained 1 action macros (daisy-chaining), it is still too much. If you hit 2 buttons to set your tank and melee characters into autoattack mode, that's fine as there is nothing special you are doing or nothing abusive. If you want to bot farm, go to Runescape or any other f2p MMORPG. If you want to play, kick back and have a good time.

Lastly, these rules are subject to change. Please check them frequently as ignorance of the rules will not prevent you from getting banned. We try to keep people posted as these change, but it doesn't always happen.

Thank You!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 07:31:30 pm by Sarthin » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
iamjack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:01:58 am »

Thanks for Hunter delivery the rules =D

btw got a few ks questions just want to clarify
Trying to KS but failed still count as KS right?
and also
someone is camping, but afk ( eg: boxing and using other char check other spwan / facebook / toliet etc) and i attacked the mob first, mean i have the right to have the mob, no matter how many hours he have been sitting here right?
and
what about thous people afk but sitting right on the boss spwan? ( boss auto attack the him since he is sitting next to boss )

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:21:01 am »

If you try to KS and fail, hrm. How about IRL? If you try to murder someone and fail, will you go to jail? So yeah, I wouldn't do it.

You can go afk while camping for a boss but need to engage the boss within 5 minutes of it spawning. If the boss has been up for 5 minutes, and the person is not attacking it yet, then they forfeit the camp and anyone can have it.

A boss is attacking a player that is afk, then that doesn't count as holding a camp.

If someone is breaking the rules, and ruining your enjoyment, then please make a fraps video of it that clearly shows what is going on, and I will ban them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
iamjack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 05:55:11 am »

thank you for answering =D

so the definition of afk is 5 minutes =) got that in my note

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 07:25:57 am »

Its good to have rules in writing.. some people needs that.  Some people needs to be told what common sense is Smiley

Good job!

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Sentientdeth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:05:47 am »

Are all macros included in the bot rule, or are at keyboard macros ok?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 01:56:07 pm »

If I understand what hunter is saying you can not use a 3rd party program to automate any action. To me that means that I can make macros using the macro system already in everquest, (/pause 1.5, /cast 1 etc.) but using MQ2 or any other 3rd party program to make macros would be a violation of rules.

Xiggie

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 03:18:59 pm »

actions built into the actual game/ things the client allows to happen inately are ok, obviously.

/cast 8
/pause 60
/caste 8

is ok

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 01:34:12 pm »

About "Ninja Looting"....

Does this apply if the whole area of a zone is dead and there is no one around or they have moved on to a different part of the zone?

For example...
I have walked into Dulak and seen mass dead bodies all over and no one is around or at that point they have moved on to the ships already. I have even called out about it and have received no responses.

Are these considered abandoned? Or do we still need to let them rot?

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 02:47:10 pm »

In Dulak for instance... I looted everything that was on the ground unless people were there.

Named ones, I always asked when there was people around.
If noone is there... hell ill loot if i need. Nobody is there anyways so its "abandonned" i guess

Maybe I wasnt supposed to but you know what, if no one is there, too bad.  If someone complains... how the hell can he prove to me he did the kill in the first place anyways?

No one = I loot
People there = I ask

how many times i ran into corpses in LDON to find Credits on them lol... hell I am alone and its rotting... guess what.. its now mine!
Plain and simple  Grin

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Number XIII: Roxas

Number XIII Roxas. The Keyblade's Chosen One

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 03:55:04 pm »

Lol i do the same.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 03:59:18 pm »

I think this is more geared towards..
There are 2 groups, one group gets the kill and there is a drop for someone in second group. Dont sit there spamming right click to steal the loot from person who legit earned/ helped kill the mob.

robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 07:14:24 am »

Alright ... good.

I just didn't want to be accused of Ninja Looting over that.  I assumed that was the case but wanted to make sure anyway by asking here.

Thanks all.

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 07:22:22 am »

Also looting the trash mobs is part of cleaning up lol... I mean how would it look if you get people over and there gazillions of bodies on the floor... not to mention that by looting them you get cash + gems + other usefull stuff... I dont know about you but with bunch of corpses its hard to click on mobs or even loot your own when you kill it sometimes...

I always shout BP in chat too if any laying around... I mean come on Smiley

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 07:32:28 am »

Well after A LOT of time in Dulak finding the same 3 monk pieces, I finally picked up a bp, arms and feet from those abandoned corpses.

I was stunned and happy at the same time.

Rob Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678