Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:05:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 12/31/2014  (Read 11171 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2014, 06:49:48 am »

Expeditions - Now Active Once Again!
  • Thanks to all that helped me again troubleshoot expeditions, I think truly have them under wraps.
  • The last post I made, they weren't broken, they simple needed something to be enabled that I forgot to do before I went to bed.
  • However, there are a lot of 'broken' things that I have ran into that ultimately have been addressed in doing all of this, all expedition operations should be very fast and bug free.

Expeditions Functionality Changes
  • When electing a new leader, you do not get a window confirmation
  • The messages that you receive when getting a new expedition have been changed
  • When inviting a player, you no longer get a window confirmation
  • You no longer get the memberlist when initially getting a task, but rather you are prompted to look via #expedition commands if you wish
  • An issue with expedition options that enforced initial entry into the zone were bringing a bunch of players to zone, but some would get left behind, this has been resolved
  • Task Synchronization will happen regardless of the state of a client only during the life of the expedition, so for example you started with 6 players. 1 guy had to go find his dog and logged off, and then came back 45 minutes later and logged back in. He would find that his expedition progress is right up to par with the rest of his crew and that he would be able to join effortlessly and meet them where they are at.
  • Task Updates are cross zone
  • Task Soft Lockouts are implemented now, this is something similar to Live and what they would do. If you committed to a task and you defeat the first boss, you would then get a soft lockout of say 6 hours, that keeps you from simply destroying an instance, but you most certainly can finish the mini and get the actual lockout in the end that it was designed for.

Expeditions Functionality Changes
  • When electing a new leader, you do not get a window confirmation
  • When inviting a player, you no longer get a window confirmation
  • You no longer get the memberlist when initially getting a task, but rather you are prompted to look via #expedition commands if you wish
  • An issue with expedition options that enforced initial entry into the zone were bringing a bunch of players to zone, but some would get left behind, this has been resolved

Expedition Backend Changes:
  • Task Synchronization code before this week has been crippling zone performance because of the nature of updates and some faulty ways of source code that have been resolved. We have gone from very heavily lagging out zones, to being very snappy without issues
  • Creating Expeditions also depending on how many players were in the expedition would hang the zone process for approximately 6 seconds which is completely unacceptable. I've redesigned it and now things happen instantaneously.
  • Destroying an expedition or finishing an expedition also had similar lag of 4-6 seconds, this is now non-existent

Expedition: Minimum Level Requirements
  • Simply said, if Hate or any content designer chooses to enforce a minimum level requirement using this system, this is now implemented and enforced.

ROF2
  • Trevius: (RoF2) Identified a few Item Fields and resolved an issue with cloth armor not accepting certain augments that they should.
  • Trevius: (RoF2) Aug Type 21 no longer shows the "Buy Now" button in the aug slot of items.
  • Trevius: (RoF2) Identified the "Copied" item flag with the help of Uleat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 07:08:57 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:32:19 am »

Thanks for all the hard work Akka, the performance improvement to expos alone is HUGE.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 11:06:30 am »

Akka,

Thanks for the hard work (please fix dup aug issue, please! Smiley )

Abyss Expedition is broken still.

Started in Nexus, had 18 toons in raid, hailed miner. I was given task but did not port in upon accepting. Hailed again and only I ported in. Went to hail miner on alt and got message" the following players are currently in an expedition and you can not create another with them already in one:warbash"

I checked the exp and non of the alts were in it. I added them fine zone 2 in and proceeded to clear abyss out. On death of all named I received no exp message but task went away. I finished the clear went out to hail and nothing, no berries nada. I sent alts to hail and they were still in exp and were offered to be sent inside.

Removed all from exp went to stonehive, hailed got expd and all were ported in. I cleared out T5 named no update but task remained, cleared all mobs and nothing. still have expd and being offered to be sent in. Going to try the other in a few.

Also note if you zone into exp 2 times (from death etc) you get booted out.

Cata of Drankick not working either. Quest remains but miner wont accept hail
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:49:18 am by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 12:04:29 pm »

Miner hail on completion sounds broken, when testing we were just forcing the update with database flags I think.  People running the Dranik daily are reporting that they get all the updates but the miner hail, in either Nexus or Stonehive.
  Abyss daily won't complete for me either, you can't get it to update the Clear the Abyss Guardian Chambers step.  You can clear the whole zone, but doing /npc after the zone is clear shows 2 non-targetable npc's.  I'm assuming the task won't complete until zone shows no npc's in it but it might be better to just give soft lockouts for each of the named that die in there.  At the moment the quest is only 2 steps, Clear and Hail, so a soft lockout would only apply after Clear...people being resourceful as they are could easily kill all but one npc and drop the expedition and re-request it.  Putting each of the big bads as an update trigger would make exploiting far less likely and you wouldn't have to query and overall npc kill count, just the bosses.

Knochenbrecher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 03:26:01 pm »

Hey guys,

i dont know if this is the right Place to post it but i found an Issue with the Guild tool with RoF Client ... cant Promote / Demote with it same with the Access tab of the Guild menue doesnt really work.

When i promote someone with Underfoot Client to a Officer the RoF Client doesnt see the Accept window for it.
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 04:05:39 pm »

Quoted from Trevius on eqemu
There are still a few issues to work out such as Bazaar trading and some Guild Functionality, but overall the RoF2 client is very functional and polished. The Dev team is still working hard to resolve the remaining issues.

That is prob one of issues

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 10:08:50 pm »

did we already ask about the "Show player agro percent" option?

currently doesn't show in ROF, or im looking in the wrong place, which could be

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 10:18:37 pm »

I'll fix expedition specific issues tonight or tomorrow, enjoy the new years.

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 12:58:51 am »

Fixed and re-enabled again, was something really small from source changes.

EZ Server GM
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 02:12:03 am »

Fixed and re-enabled again, was something really small from source changes.

Akka,

Abyss Expedition is broken still.

Started in Stonehive, had 18 toons in raid, hailed miner. I was given task but did not port in upon accepting. Hailed again and only I ported in. Went to hail miner on alt and got message" the following players are currently in an expedition and you can not create another with them already in one:warbash"

I checked the exp and non of the alts were in it. I added them fin,e zone in and proceeded to clear abyss out. On death of all named I received no exp message but task went away but showed I was in expedition. I finished the clear went out to hail and nothing, no berries nada. I sent alts to hail and they were still in exp and were offered to be sent inside.

lock out timer worked though, could not request it again Smiley.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 04:32:50 am »

Fixed Abyss and verified that it works

Dranik was verified working as well

Let me know if anyone finds otherwise.

Also wiped lockouts because of people having issues.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:34:28 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 05:41:27 am »

Thanks Akka

Ran both, and seemed to work fine, all completed ok, and received reward

Is their any chance the lockout could be set to 22, or 23hr instead of 24hr?
This would let people do the same time each day, I think it has been mentioned / asked for before, but don't know is has been rejected

Thanks again for all the time / effort getting them working again

Red

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 06:06:49 am »

I would think that would be reasonable, done.

EZ Server GM
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 06:39:09 am »

still not working. just hailed miner with a party of 3 and only my main and 1 alt got the expedition but no quest/task was handed out so pointless to finish. The third alt i had to manually invite with #e since it didn't recognize him being in the group in the first place. Others are reporting dranik working for them so im not sure what i did to make this happen, ill try again once soft lockout expires.

Edit: forgot to mention the expedition being Dranik
Edit2: just did Abyss and seems to work 100%
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:57:35 am by Digz » Logged
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 11:21:21 am »

Akka,
requested T5 daily with toons from stonehive, all got it and ported in but Warbash got kicked out as soon as he zoned for being in the instance too many times.
so finished task without warbash and all toons got update for clearing out abyss but warbash. looks like the requesting toon has to be in instance to get task updates, not a big deal more just fyi.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:32:43 am by Warbash » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 79