Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:09:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Updates 02-10-14  (Read 12617 times)
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 07:07:08 am »

id say if you're going to take the rng out of plat bags then the best thing to do imo is just add gold to the npcs. Maybe not every single npc as having to loot 100s of mobs is no where near an improvement, maybe just mini-bosses/regular bosses or something? you would then get the added benefit of being able to split any profits made with any friends/guildies that you're with at the time, assuming people actually group on this server  Grin
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 02:32:30 am »

in speaking of T8 itself the issue could be solved by just adding a gem to each of the named that way you would not have to complete the entire circuit in order to reap rewards.

for instance, if you are going there to farm doze for a bp, and do not wish to do the entire zone, just have him drop a gem worth x amount

now, of course completing all named dragons and taking out Vulak would yield a considerably larger prize.

such as, each lesser named dropping a gem worth 85k, totaling I believe 1,360,000pp while the gem off Vulak yielding a double value of 1,360,000 and you would get the other 85k gems so you would end up with a purse of 2,720,000pp for an entire run.

2.7 mil for a full ToV run isn't out of the realm of reasonable.

in perspective you can purse from 800k-1.3mil per T6 run in less than half the time, 2.7mil may even be low, but at what currently drops there, maybe 78k per run?

on the T7 front, I would have the purse tied to the sin chain, adding a gem to each of the sin spawns with a scaling upward value to reward going to the end of each chain.

these ideas, imo, would encourage the completion of each zone for rewards, which is the intent of the zone....right?

Scorpien

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 07:44:38 am »

I personally like the idea of gold droping off mini-bosses and Bosses. In the case of HoH checking every corpse for 300-1.5k gold is annoy when i am only really there for boss tokens and plat bags just fill my inventory untill I am full and break out my noobie vendor. Just my two cents, either way I will still be around...=)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 10:48:14 am »

true, gold or a gem, same thing either way. the jingle would be a little easier to deal with in the inventory.

bottom line is this, people need their cash cow at every level.

players need a place to go to just make some good hard cash. why? they need to make augs, shields, UW's, etc

heck sometimes I wish there was a zone like Pofire dedicated to cash, you get zero cash in Pofire, its for xp, why not have a cash zone where you get zero xp, but you get cash?

this entire discussion can be boiled down to one statement: "We need a way to make hard cash to buy server related materials"

its just a circle, do xyz zone to get cash to give it to the crafter's merchant lol, take money form T6 to give it to guild lobby.

its not like on live where there was an abundance of items to buy and sell with plat, this is a buy from the game situation.

Medic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 02:53:22 pm »

I like Rent's idea but why not use an alternate form of cash for things like blue diamonds and bars for augments.  I believe that LDON put in a alternative coin system which would have no value in pp but be something you could easily use to buy materials without impacting cash flows. 

Someone else mentioned removing gems from T1/T2 chests.  Don't do that please it's the best way to farm for gems to complete the crafters stuff.  Not everyone is T5+ and I would like to keep the game reasonably playable at all levels.

Krunkley, Gimble and Co.
red2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 08:49:33 pm »

As far as fixes go, lets start here.
T7 the essences were dropping way to fast, since Fixed by Hunter.
T8 he did add the 3 scales.
PVP He also did fix this.
PLAT - was not fixed. PLEASE add the 78k plat bag to each boss in t8, or something similar. T8* plat should be atleast on par with what you could farm in t6.
other fixes... if it does get moved to a data center, can the 50 mob jail limit be looked at again? many people believe it is currently doing more harm than good.
can the drop rate of HP leaves in t8 be looked at ( 1 per clear.. really?)
other stuff about t8 ( hp on the skin weapons, epic needing an essence, and epics .. not so good)

another way to deter SLS farmers in jagged the ancient SUX.
maybe a better way to get around loping, takes forever to run from one end to another.
Whenever management gets going .. some way to donate again.
some have tossed around an idea of a way to trade in ess for lower, or have some zone be able to drop lower tier ess.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 06:13:14 am »

maybe a better way to get around loping, takes forever to run from one end to another.

That already exists...  Cast succor in your instance to go from one end to the middle...  In pub, use your ring to get to zone in without zoning

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64989
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 243