Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:05:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Missing Maps  (Read 10214 times)
Kwai

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:57:08 pm »

Something wonky here...

Went to mapfiend.net.  Downloaded EQ (basic) and Kunark map packs.  Unzipped them and did the copy replace routine into c:\ProgramFiles/Sony/Everquest/Maps as I have done many times (back in the live days), but I still have no map for Mistmoor, Trak's Teeth, Seb etc...

I even copied them into \Atlas and the base Everquest directory.  Still no maps. 

I just wonder if it has anything to do with loadskin?  When I first started playing EMU I ran the /loadskin velious and switched back to default eventually when I came to EZ.  /shrug  lost at this point and sure could use some of those maps to reach the "hard to get to", "can't remember where the heck that invis door is" kind of places.

Anyone have a hint?

Thanks
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:29:17 pm »

Something wonky here...

Went to mapfiend.net.  Downloaded EQ (basic) and Kunark map packs.  Unzipped them and did the copy replace routine into c:\ProgramFiles/Sony/Everquest/Maps as I have done many times (back in the live days), but I still have no map for Mistmoor, Trak's Teeth, Seb etc...

I even copied them into \Atlas and the base Everquest directory.  Still no maps.  

I just wonder if it has anything to do with loadskin?  When I first started playing EMU I ran the /loadskin velious and switched back to default eventually when I came to EZ.  /shrug  lost at this point and sure could use some of those maps to reach the "hard to get to", "can't remember where the heck that invis door is" kind of places.

Anyone have a hint?

Thanks

The Atlas and EQ directory has nothing to do with the maps. The Atlas is where the graphic files and .xmls for the Norrath view map is for the Atlas tab (That allows you to click on the continent to bring up a zone specific map from anywhere) and the base directory holds the zone files, npc files, object files, weapon files, .exes, .dlls and various other assorted files but not maps. /loadskin deals with base UI changes not maps.

I'm assuming you were in these zones when you updated them from Mapfiend? Open the map and click the "Current" button to reload the map from the client.

Blood of the Akkadian
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 05:04:04 pm »

I was logged off when I loaded the files.  They are there in the /maps directory.  I just ported over to one of the missing... Sebilis and clicked current, and there is no map in that zone even though a map file exists.
Aname
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:08:34 am »

check the file size of sebilis_1.txt
it should be 156kb

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:13:59 am by Aname » Logged
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 09:04:47 pm »

My sebilis_1.txt is only 95k
Openwounds

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 09:30:03 pm »

I had the same problems for some reason. Downloaded it on one comp and it worked fine.  When I downloaded it to another and put all the files in the map didn't work.  Checked the files that weren't showing up and I found they were completely blank.  I guess somehow I downloaded blank txt files or it didnt overwrite it correctly.

..Kroggia..
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 04:35:50 pm »

The files I DL'd all have data.

I kinda .. sorta .. remember having this issue years ago and there was a simple answer, but darned if I can remember what it was.
Aname
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 07:42:55 pm »

Kwai, check out this page and see if there is an answer there for you.

http://www.mapfiend.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5
Agilm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 02:38:11 pm »

When I first did this on my box PC, it didn't work either.  The problem was authority coming from the .rar file (or .zip).  For some reason the PC didn't give me a authority issue box when I started the copy from within WinRar.

I had to unRar all the maps to my desktop first, then select all, copy, then paste in the /maps folder.  Only then did I get the authority question box from windows.

Once you answer this box, then you can select Copy/Replace from the next popup.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 01:39:28 pm »

I set the properties to all read/write control to my user so that box was not an issue.

Here was what I had to do to see maps (finally).  I had to go to mapfiend and select map viewer (not the download maps option) and download each map that I couldn't see individually.  That worked.  /shrug

Thanks for all the input folks.  I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)