Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:41:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Macro for setting guild publlic message for alts  (Read 2197 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2018, 12:48:20 pm »

This is probably pretty low on the level of importance for most people, but I'm posting this in case anyone else can find a use for it.  This is a box heavy server and most people end up with a set of 12+ toons they play regularly.  When people guild up, it's generally obvious who their main is, but often times their off toons are a random mishmash of names.  I'm OCD enough that I like to see what main the alts in the guild window belong to, but I also understand how tedious it is to have to cycle through each toon updating the public note on the guild management window.  This macro is my way of simplifying the process.

Guild Management Window Public Note updater
Download the attached .mac file, GMWNote.mac and save it into the Macros folder of your MQ2 install. On your main character, control toon, or whatever you prefer to call the character generally issuing all your /bc commands, you fire up this mac and set a public note for every toon  you have logged into the Netbots channel.

/mac gmwnote to load the macro.

When the macro starts, it'll provide the syntax you need to use to update the Public Note.

/echo setpublicnote Dimur alt will delete an existing Public Note if there is one, then set the Public Note to Dimur alt

The compile I use has access to some members the mqemulator.net compile doesn't, ie .DoOpen and /while loops, pulling the macro until I can get it working for mqemulator.net compile that most people seem to use on EZ

I was asked to refactor this to be a /bca command issued and not use netbots.  The benefit of doing it this way is not having to loop through each character one at a time with the hardcoded delay in this macro, the window needs a bit of a delay to update so this is inherent and not reliably modifiable to make it work.  With the /bca command, all connected toons will watch for the trigger text and when they see it they will update their respective public notes all at once.

/bca //mac gwmnote2
/bca update publicnote TextHere

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:03:07 pm by Dimur » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats