Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:01:31 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lack of GMs  (Read 5685 times)
WEB11

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 02:02:50 am »

I am suprised with the lack of GMs on this server, coming from P99 where you could always get a hold of one I find this very frustrating and disappointing.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 02:08:52 am »

Hunter likes to do alot of the administration work himself, or with individuals he knows in real life. I dont blame him, but at the same time it kinda leaves a gap in quality of service with petitions and what not

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 05:21:44 am »

I am suprised with the lack of GMs on this server, coming from P99 where you could always get a hold of one I find this very frustrating and disappointing.

Every server is different. I can say this, I've rarely needed a GM on EZ and when I do need one I don't find the wait unbearable in general. It's very rare that a situation can't be handled by players.

What exactly were your reasons for wanting a GM?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 07:49:02 am »

I check my emails before and after work. I work 6 days a week, and Saturday is my only day off. EZ Server was created over the last two years between myself and Basher, during our limited free time. This is not a live server where you will get ahold of a GM within 5 minutes of a petition. If you need a guild or other issue, you can email me. If a player is being abusive, then the users police themselves with using Fraps to record a video of the player. Players have been banned for hacking and trains after video was provided. Sorry I can't be online 24/7. We have other auto logging features that detect warping, etc. EZ Server is not P99, sorry.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Shy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 11:55:29 am »

Yeah, what do we pay our monthly subscription for anyway?

Wait...

< Bashful Crustaceans >
Magwar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 12:14:08 pm »

Hunter has been awesome with replying to questions/concerns.  He may not get to you in 45 minutes like your local pizza guy, but he has always gotten back to me the day I need to know something and its not on forum.
WEB11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 07:28:00 pm »

I didn't mean to offend anyone by posting this. I was just frustrated because there was this rogue KSing people in dulak and I had none I could report him to. He would hide and wait for you to clear the named spawn camp and after you engaged and got agro whe would come out of hidding and KS you. I play a warrior and there is no way I can out damage a rogue, I just felt helpless and frustrated.
Rezniron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 07:41:44 pm »

The best thing you can do is download fraps (just google the word fraps, it'll take you directly to the main site) and wait for him to do it again. On this server people have to police themselves. It is not a perfect system but it works out fairly well. It just requires a bit more patience and responsibility on our part.

p.s. Hunter is awesome!
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 10:24:38 pm »

Hunter and Basher and whoever they select would be the only GMs ever needed IMO. The only things you can't do yourself sometimes are getting stuck and crashing.

At which time, reinstalling, getting the spellfile, or just creating a new ACCT and characters is not hard. It's called "EZ" for a reason.

Row, Row, Fight the Power, Mr.Hunter.

Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 11:47:49 pm »

You guys act as if you could get ahold of a GM on EverQuest Live........My petitions would go for days unanswered...just to have a generic response given and have to repetition all over again!

lol

Requiem for a Dream.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 179