Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:11:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Camp rules...  (Read 5351 times)
Magwar

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:06:07 pm »

I have come across people in the past boxing and split his/her group to camp both bosses in LDoN 5.  Then as their alts are sitting at both camps he/she will pull with their most geared toon and continue to double camp the named.

Gratz to you for being that coordinated to do this, but its always nice to share the zone.

Is there a rule for or against this?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:40:37 pm by Magwar » Logged
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:18:51 pm »

The only camp rule that ive seen is that you have to the force ready in 5 minutes to kill the mob, if you do not you lose the camp.
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:36:13 pm »

I do this a lot, but I always ask if they need loot or pages as generally I'm just doing it for a higher king's chest card drop rate. I find offering whatever else is on the body in lieu of payment for the double camps make things run smoother. Just my two coppers.

Magwar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 02:25:27 pm »

Generous to give loot/pages, but I am thinking more about for the people who need the king's cards too since they have a possibly higher drop rate.

Maybe giving up one of the named for others since technically that person boxing is really only one group? 

Just a thought....
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 03:54:45 pm »

My understanding of camp rules is that camps are a player created institution.  There are no server rules on camps since the GM's don't recognize them.

So I guess it's up to each individual.  I only hold a camp until it drops one of what I'm there for.  If someone else is waiting behind me, I move on.  If I can camp two named (most would say you need a toon present at each spawn point constantly to claim the camps) I would do so.  But again, only until I had gotten one of the item from the mob I was there for.
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:32:01 pm »

Generous to give loot/pages, but I am thinking more about for the people who need the king's cards too since they have a possibly higher drop rate.

Maybe giving up one of the named for others since technically that person boxing is really only one group? 

Just a thought....

At the same time, I spent my time to reach that floor and spent my time grinding trash and bosses, and technically speaking the floor is generally empty and I never encounter this problem...BUT...

If I were to camp both, and legit at that, I don't see a reason why not. People do it in Lguk all the time, people did it on live, it's just the way of the world. Unfortunately it may seem callous of me to say that, but it's the cold hard truth. I'm more then happy to allow looters for pages/loot like I said, but if I'm aiming for a specific goal they can wait in line. One night I stayed 12 hours at the Knuckle duster camp, just waiting IN LINE. Yes, not even camping it myself. It can be done. I'm not saying it's bad or good, it's just how things are. If people are there first, they lay claims to it.

However, you cannot in my opinion AFK at a camp, and leave up either the placeholder OR the boss in question. If I see this, and I attempt to bridge the gap in communications multiple times to say "He is up, please kill him," and I get no response, I WILL kill them, and I will have no remorse doing so. I have made my efforts to alert you that your reasons for being in the zone are up and waiting. If you fail to cash in on your own opportunity, I will then.

That's all I have to say on that subject.

Magwar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 09:47:05 am »

Thanks for the input everyone...I see all of your points.  Instead of pestering Hunter with it, thought I would give it a try and see what the EZ community had to say about it.

Cheers! 

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 8678