Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:22:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Ideas for spending more AA's  (Read 8543 times)
zzakk

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2015, 02:50:43 pm »

Just brainstorming ideas on more ways to spend AAs...

I don't know if this has already been suggested or not...too lazy to search...I was thinking about an aug that could be leveled to 1000 to enhance your run speed.  It could fit into a boot aug slot.  Aug level 500 could equal the same speed as the Reward run speed clicky...not to take away from that item...but levels above that would offer slight increases over the clicky.
For the insane grinders...maybe make the level 1000 aug upgradable via a quest/pp to another aug that could be leveled to 1000 for faster run speeds...bard style.

There could be other leveling enhancement augs fitted to a specific gear items.
...again just brainstorming...
Aug of Sustenance - Take place of food/drink and offer STAT bonuses (STA, HP)

Just some thoughts.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 03:03:35 pm »

An easy way is to just throw some stats on the Mask of Exp  Wink the quest is already in-game, and the grind to the end currently looks to be years long. Sure you'd have to craft a bunch to flag your characters, but a team with RoA 1k and nowhere to spend AA surely has enough time to craft for a day and get that taken care of. The stats could just change every 10 ranks, 100 updates is much better than 1000  Cool

Realistically, I don't think the run speed would pan out, since it is the cheapest EZ Reward item. I filled my team with them long ago and threw them all on a button to just use /bca //keypress 0 to have them all click it.
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 04:56:13 pm »

Not to mention the BU familiar does the same thing.
Would be better to add an aug that gives mana and end regen to dump aas into.  It does help somewhat but doesn't really undermine any reward items and isn't game breaking.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 05:09:59 pm »

add an aug that gives mana and end regen to dump aas into

this is basically the ROA

how about you all farm up some UW and SOA for all your toons and stop yappen about haven to many aa?

you are all just asking for a server wide aa/xp  nerf.

just my 2 cents

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 08:02:54 pm »

AAXPs are dead outside of actual AA abilities, current RoAs, and currently existing mechanics/currency options.

Given that no one wanted to correctly handle the absurd EXP buffs and explosive rate of AAXP, there is no clean way to implement them without literally requiring 100+ million AAXP as the next item's cumulative total. That being said, next items will not use AAXP.

Sorry.  Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 08:45:25 pm »

Uhh... I didn't care if you revamped the AAXP items. Not to rehash an old wound if there was one but my lil 270% exp mask is what it is. Do what you will to keep the server going Hate. I appreciate everything you do for us.

More importantly...what is the status on figuring out what is causing the immense lag and desyncs? I would rather have that fixed so I can grind out the AAs or whatever I normally do. I haven't logged in as of late due to this issue. When I do try to log in,  I run or rather try to run Dranik daily and as soon as I pull 15+ mobs my warrior's latency shoots up to 5K+ and starts to desync. All my other toons seem to stick around 150-300ms latency and can function. This reminds me when you implemented the scaling in PoFire and had the server checking every 15 secs. This issue started around the time you did the second T10 beta testing when I noticed it. Not sure what the issue can be and if you knew it would have been fixed by now I am sure. Could it be a scaling issue or something with pets or mob movement? I have noticed that my toons will disappear and reappear (even if standing around) every 15 or 20 secs like the server is trying to update constantly (lag spike). I am grasping for straws on this but Halloween event is gonna be interesting that's for sure.

Thanks for the hard work and by no means is this suppose to be a disgruntled post nor had it better turn into one. Just wondering if there was any headway made or are we stuck at this point?

Thanks for listening!

Mix
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:41:37 am by Mixlor » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 08:47:44 pm »

grasping for straws

This phrase is in almost every email I send to Hate.  Wink
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 02:02:10 am »

Honestly, there may be hope on the horizon. Akkadius snuck on the irc channel and walked through some things with demonstar55. End result is an...extreme amount of logging being enabled for a few two zones and two global files. We will have more information before the lag bomb "showtime" at approximately 8pm EST.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 07:59:09 am »

AAXPs are dead outside of actual AA abilities, current RoAs, and currently existing mechanics/currency options.

Given that no one wanted to correctly handle the absurd EXP buffs and explosive rate of AAXP, there is no clean way to implement them without literally requiring 100+ million AAXP as the next item's cumulative total. That being said, next items will not use AAXP.

Sorry.  Undecided

-Hate

I wouldn't say no one.   its only a few complaining but they are the loudest.   there alot of folks here that understand it needs to be corrected for the good of the server.  

I also remember hunter saying that he didn't have any idea if it was going to break anything long term and may need changed later on.  it's not your fault it has to be done on your shift and you have to take the heat for it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:03:25 am by Drep » Logged

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Fonas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 10:19:04 am »

I also remember hunter saying that he didn't have any idea if it was going to break anything long term and may need changed later on.  it's not your fault it has to be done on your shift and you have to take the heat for it.

I remember the day Hunter created the Exp v2 and v3 reward items. He said that with the v3 there is prolly going to be xp issues. I think he even managed to get a rollover with it. He said he would adjust them in the future.

It is probably smarter to adjust xp and xp bonuses now, rather then down the line after some1 qqs about how  all of sudden they lost 200k AAs because of xp roll over.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 10:58:39 am »

Regardless, the topic is most likely put on hold until lag-bomb is disarmed, halloween is over, and t10 goes live. Maybe then, we can try it again  Kiss priorities!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:01:47 am by Kruciel » Logged
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 11:30:40 am »

Yeah Hate,
Fix the exp items Smiley we support you. I like the idea of the exp reward items going group as a fair compromise or maybe being allowed to sell the item back at a 50% reduction.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 09:20:10 pm »

Yeah Hate,
Fix the exp items Smiley we support you. I like the idea of the exp reward items going group as a fair compromise or maybe being allowed to sell the item back at a 50% reduction.

+10. Great post and thoughts. Was my feelings exactly!

Do what you need to Hate.. you got my support too! I have played on this server and enjoyed every damn minute of it long before there were EXP masks and did just fine without. I would love the reward items to be group...but that is totally your call. As far as turning in items for a 50% reduction cost sellback...again.. your call. My 250% mask I 'donated' for a year back is obsolete now due to my Berserker 270% mask overriding it. It will be shelved or destroyed but I have no regrets because it served its purpose.

Just please don't go towards something like the Scepter of Time quest. Kill 10 raid like mobs, get SoT rank 1. Do it all over again to get another SoT rank 1. Combine said SoT rank 1 x2 to get a SoT rank2. Do it all over again x2 to get another SoT rank 2 to combine with the first SoT rank 2 to get SoT rank 3....and so on and so on.... yikes!!! (/slits wrists)

Just my 5000 billion plat...

Mix
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:24:10 pm by Mixlor » Logged
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 11:29:06 am »

Hate already said the next items will use something else. The items, even the mask, are fine as is imo. Plus, you can't "fix" the mask without revamping the entire AA cost system. I offered a solution with crystals but obviously there is no easy fix that makes 100% sense.

Just leave it as is and work out a new system for future items. Anything else would be a mess, and run the risk of screwing huge swaths of people on the server including people who donated a lot if done incorrectly. You also run the risk of massively rewarding people who have hoarded AAs.

I agree future items should use something else besides AA. Crisis avoided. Hate obviously has something in mind.

Personally, I'm looking forward to something else besides AA to grind for.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 01:16:25 pm »

I am in 100% agreement with the above post!  down with the AA overlords!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256