Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:24:32 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 3.0  (Read 9512 times)
Bludlust

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:07:36 pm »

Most classes get a very very very useful epic 3.0, but something about the wizzy 3.0 really just bugs me, Why is it manaburn? I understand a high nuke sure but it drains 100% your mana leaving your wizard useless for the remainder of the fight/encounter and in most cases dead. I love nuking and doing high damage as the next man but even at a cost, but really 100% my mana? Atleast give wiz's a pet lol

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:13:32 pm »

How much damage does it do? Almost makes me want to make one. It almost sounds no different than live. I remember wizards would engage on  raid, throw out a couple huge nukes be OOM then afk til the fight was over.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:15:51 pm »

My guess would be he has ran out of spell ID's to make more custom spells,due to the limitations of Titanium. SoD opens up so much more that can be done and lifts these restriction for spells,weapon gfx and a ton of other things.

I'm not knocking Titanium users,but it limits what a Dev can do I'm sure.
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:16:17 pm »

With sorc lvl 1 i think i crit at 64k. its 1 minute cooldown and thats only a crit with 100% mana lol. its cool but your useless after you use your 3.0 clicky in comparison to chain casting other nukes. Just wish the 3.0 was more useful

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 11:17:32 pm »

I think that manaburn does about 4x your mana pool.  My T2 wizzy hits 135kish, I think.  Havent played him in a while, so not sure.  Smiley
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:17:44 pm »

Could be the thing limitations of spells, but a wizard is nothing without mana so a spell that drains 100% of it i would say isnt the best for a 3.0 epic lol. but there could be a reason behind it im not seeing...

Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 11:18:32 pm »

135k? lol please tell me thats lvl 25 sorc...cause lvl 1 sorc and crit for my wiz is about 64k crit

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 11:20:48 pm »

How much damage does it do? Almost makes me want to make one. It almost sounds no different than live. I remember wizards would engage on  raid, throw out a couple huge nukes be OOM then afk til the fight was over.

I played a wizard for 7 of my 10 years on EQ,in high end guilds on veeshan/luclin I might add. Manaburn has been and always will be a joke. I was always in the top parsers and never ever used manaburn raiding. If they tossed a couple huge nukes and where oom rest of the fight,then they where not very good wizards and didnt get the most out of them.

I started as a wizard here,cause I truely love the class. Hence my forum name is the same as my EQ live wizards name.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:27:42 pm by Nindalf » Logged
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 11:21:09 pm »

Does it crit a lot? You have me curious now.

Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 11:22:38 pm »

It doesn't crit too often, as I am full on AA's...id say 1/3 spell casts is a crit

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 11:29:21 pm »

How much damage does it do? Almost makes me want to make one. It almost sounds no different than live. I remember wizards would engage on  raid, throw out a couple huge nukes be OOM then afk til the fight was over.

I played a wizard for 7 of my 10 years on EQ,in high end guilds on veeshan/luclin I might add. Manaburn has been and always will be a joke. I was always in the top parsers and never ever used manaburn raiding. If they tossed a couple huge nukes and where oom rest of the fight,then they where not very good wizards and didnt get the most out of them.

Maybe/maybe not I never played one, but that's not the point of the thread as to debate whether a wiz being oom on live is well played or not. And why does everyone have to say something like "i played on a high end guild on live" big deal, that doesn't make you an expert by any means.

Back to the post if you use it at the beginning of the fight once agro is built up can you med back up to use your regular nukes? Or will using that early cause you to get agro? Or does medding up take a while?

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 11:33:31 pm »

Duly noted my friend. I guess 7 years of playing a wizard leaves me with nothing to add here,I'll be moving on. I was going to add the proper chain for max sustained DPS,but I'll just let you figure it out. Thanks for your input !

I stopped raiding right before the release SoD.
 http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/character_profile.vm?characterId=498216215931

Sorry for any derail. But manaburn is not the best choice for wizard epics.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:12:17 am by Nindalf » Logged
Balthor2
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 12:09:08 am »

135k? lol please tell me thats lvl 25 sorc...cause lvl 1 sorc and crit for my wiz is about 64k crit

Well how much mana do you have?
My wizard was just because I had so much wizard T2 rotting so I made one. I MB for above 130k. Of course I have not played it in a long time and with the change to mana regen I have no idea how long it would take to regen mana so I doubt I will ever use it again.
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 07:26:50 pm »

I was goofing around with my wizzy a little bit.  Newbie V2, Max AA, mana pool is 45427, and manaburn hits for 136281 (MoW practice dummy).  I  don'e ever recall a crit from manaburn.  Side note, SFG practice dummy has less than 134k HP  Smiley  

EDIT:  With sorcerer3, it becomes 138081. 

I played AE regen with my bard, and was able to be full mana by the time manaburn refreshed.  I had to spam the CG manastone, then sit and med life / mana to full.  It would be easier if I bothered to get a mount for medding.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:31:08 pm by gimpy » Logged
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 07:30:42 pm »

I guess I never really took into consideration mana pool effectiveness...maybe with a HUGE mana pool once a fight could be worth it...ill work on it

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 152