Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:50:49 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spell interruptions.....  (Read 8606 times)
Teslar

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 06:59:36 am »

Hello community

My spells getting sometimes (more often) interrupted.
This happens randomly without being directly attacked by a monster.
It happens often when I am kitting monster around or standing still.
Are the spells I am casting tested every time if they where successfully or is this some kind of a bug?
Of course it could be some kind of a bug that has to do with the mouse sensitive settings?
Since I am playing with mouse and keyboard and I needed to adjust the mouse sensitive and the frame rate
in the configuration file to have faster mouse movement on the x- axis.

At the moment this can be sometimes very frustrating.
Any hints would be nice what I need to do to get right of the interruptions.

Since I am new to this game and this is my first character I could miss something.

Thanks for reading….

Teslar -Level 70 Wizard

ps: English is not my native speaking language so excuse some spelling errors. Smiley
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:12:31 am »

Do you have all the anti fizzle AA?

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 07:16:11 am »

Ok, I'll try and keep it simple :-)

A) The keyboard/mouse settings are not important. After moving, you need to stop for almost one full second before you begin casting.

B) Do you have most of the casting reinforcement AAXP? If not, I would advise buying them as you get the points to do so.

C) Have you entered the casters' guild yet (by doing the quest chain)? If not, you should do so. The reason is that we level so fast, our casting skills fall behind. As we hit high levels, spells will 'fizzle' more often because of the low casting skills. Once you join the casters' guild, you can max out all your casting skills instantly.

Take Care

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Teslar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 07:39:24 am »

Hello...

I just ding yesterday level 70 and made 40 aa so far.
The hint with the one second is nice and i will try it later when i am back from work.

I also started the caster guild quest yesterday and did get some quest items so far.
So i think i will spend next days ( weeks ? ) on the quest to get the missing items from other locations.

Thanks hateborne and funkinmofo now i have some direction to go. Smiley

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 07:58:33 am »

It seems there is some confusion as to what is actually going on. Do you get "your spell was interrupted" or are you getting "your spell fizzles..."? Thy are 2 completely different issues.
If you are fizzleing, casting your spells more often to train the skill will help a lot until you can make it into the casters guild. 
If interruptions are your problem while standing perfectly still, that's a client issue. The game is basically saying that even though on your screen you are not moving, the client thinks you are still in motion, even if it's a little jitter back and forth. The best way to fix something like that is to remove and reinstall.
Teslar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 08:31:04 am »

Hello Dethundrel

I get the message "your spell was interrupted".

Should be no problem to reinstall the client but i am not sure how this will fix the problem.
Because it's sound like more an issue with client/server sync...
This would complain the info 'hateborne' wrote with waiting one second after moving before casting.

But i will later uinstall and reinstall the client and copy the files again that i need to play this game.

I will later update this thread and inform if the reinstall has fixed this problem or 'hateborne' solution will work.

Many thanks.

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 09:12:09 am »

It can take only 1 character of code in any or your files to mess something up. Sometimes when the game does an autosave or trys to do a force save on a crash it can change a line of code, no matter how small. A reinstall isn't a guaranteed fix, but it's simple enough that it's worth the effort.
I have noticed on EZ server that sometimes when castin spells, your spell timer bar will be finished, but the spell has still not gone off, I you move during that time, it will interrupt you. Some of my Ranger spells are horrible about it.

Edited for spelling... Damn iPod autocompete!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:14:28 am by Dethundrel » Logged
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 09:51:45 am »

When I used to kite with a slower machine, I had this issue off and on.  I got into the habit of making a quarter / half turn after stopping, then cast the spell.  It reduced the amount of interuptions, for me anyway.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:56:52 am »

I have noticed on EZ server that sometimes when castin spells, your spell timer bar will be finished, but the spell has still not gone off, I you move during that time, it will interrupt you. Some of my Ranger spells are horrible about it.
this is due to spell haste not working properly here. I use to use ancient: spell haste  (enc buff) on all my toons and then realized that it didn't make them cast faster, just made the cast bar dissapear but if they moved it would still interrupt. Just how it is on emu atm Sad

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 11:12:16 am »

That makes perfect sense Lex, thanks for the inside.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:51:44 am »

When I used to kite with a slower machine, I had this issue off and on.  I got into the habit of making a quarter / half turn after stopping, then cast the spell.  It reduced the amount of interuptions, for me anyway.
Do this.  The server still thinks you are moving forward for a half-second or so, unless it receives a "I'm turning in place" packet from your client.  Or something like that.

tholumar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 04:13:12 pm »

Definitely the half turn, used to do it all the time on live. I do it in other games instinctively when stopping just because I'm so used to it. Pulling as a pally, running up, casting stun to only be interrupted because of server lag was really annoying.

Tholy
Teslar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 05:09:48 pm »

Hi all

I did reinstall etc.. but the problem is still there.
What i am doing atm is while kiting is to turn around for short and wait a short period before casting.
It's now a little better but still have sometimes interruptions.

Atm iam doing the caster guild quest and will work on my aaxp.
But it will take some time because alot of spawns are camped. Smiley

Any way thanks for the help and feedback.

Nakemdun

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 05:44:00 pm »

To help reduce interruptions make sure to train the AA "Persistant Casting" ..will greatly help reduce interrupts.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 163