Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:53:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Staff of Temp Flux quest still available?  (Read 8376 times)
jvii

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:57 pm »

So, I decided to go oldschool and relive my EQ youth with the SoTF quest. I was able to get the heart of fire quite easily, but for the life of me I cannot find a Goblin Wizard in Permafrost. No matter how many mobs I kill, the Wizard never pops. It then dawned on me that perhaps that mob doesn't ever spawn on the EZ server, which would make the quest impossible.
So, does anybody know if indeed the Wizard is a non-spawn?

Cheers!
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:22:50 pm »

Seriously?

LOL ok, most things from live should exist on EZ, except in custom zones, or things like Naggy/Vox have their level cap removed, etc.  But keep in mind things on live changed too, some old quests (like from 1st year/two of EQ) may have been removed.  The emu database is from .. what.... GoD era?  If it was removed/nerfed/fubared at that point, it probably is in emu as well.

Short answer:  I don't know.  Cool

jvii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »

Good to know. I was unaware that the DB is from GoD era. If that is the case, then the Wiz mob should show up...maybe I have just not gotten lucky enough to have him pop yet. I first did this quest back in 2000 or 2001 (hard to remember), but before GoD. I beleive it was still around in the GoD era though.

Thanks for the info!
jvii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »

Well, after giving this some more time (and killing about 200 more goblins), I am thoroughly convinced that the Wizard just does not pop on the EZ server. Pity, as this was a fun quest, and the Flux stick makes quadding so much easier...  Undecided
jvii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:17:33 pm »

Just an FYI...

After the last server reset, the Wizard showed up. So, it looks like the quest is still doable. Yay!
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:00:37 pm »

Hm could be like some zones where certain "events" only happen once after the server resets, then not again until the next one.

Skorp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56:51 am »

Loved my flux staff on Live!  Hope Sol Ro Temple works on EZ.
realspkr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 12:26:17 am »

I've tried wiping out the mobs a number of times and haven't seen the wizard spawn. It's not a named, just a rare I believe, so likely there is some setting that needs to be fixed to get it there. Honestly, it's a nice item to have and I would sure appreciate if someone could verify spawn somehow. I also was unable to get the SolDungA spawn either. I was able to get the eart of stone...
realspkr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:45 am »

Small update, I found the mob (a goblin wizard) in a location different than the traditional spawn area, and it did not drop the Heart of Frost. *sigh*

It was in the Archaeologist / Preacher area, not Jail.
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 12:37:32 pm »

Does the staff have a recast time on it? I used to use it to pull for quad kiting since you could cast it on the run, and also to judge distance so I knew when I was back in casting range without stopping running. Is it still good for these things?
realspkr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 05:56:10 pm »

I"ll let you know if I can get one.

The "a goblin wizard" spawned in the same static spot every time in the archaeologists area and dropped the heart after 5 or 6 kills. It's one of the mobs across the small "2nd level" ice bridge across from the mound the arch. spawns on.
realspkr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 05:59:08 pm »

Soldunga spanws plenty of the "inferno goblin wizard" and the heart of fire dropped after about 8 kills.
realspkr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 06:55:41 pm »

Just finished the quest and he ate the stuff w/o returning them or the staff. Nor any messaging at all. No "I dont want that" or "You're missing..." messages at all.

ohh well.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 07:46:13 pm »

Just finished the quest and he ate the stuff w/o returning them or the staff. Nor any messaging at all. No "I dont want that" or "You're missing..." messages at all.

ohh well.

nomnom

sorry to here the nomnom monster won..
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:19:51 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988