Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:47:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Wizard?  (Read 15344 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 09:02:44 am »

Yeah is there any way we can get the T3 nuke mana cost lowered?  It's just a pain in the royal ass to be clicking that stone constantly.

Poop
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 10:29:17 pm »

You should be punished for choosing to play a wizard, i support this malicious wear and tear on your right clicker on the mouse (or hot key on keyboard) to use your stone. bwahaha

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 09:48:45 am »

Shaddup, wizards are hawt Wink

Poop
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 02:06:03 am »

The wizard overal has potential. The damage leveling up seems to fit. It's nearing the 50s and up, that things become hairy. The oddly large amount of similiarly worded spells draw confusion. The damage from ~42 and up until ~66 is very wizard friendly. Can bloody near one shot everything with ice comet.

Later, at 70 (assuming fresh), your damage has a minor choice. Choose one of two similar spells, one ice, one fire, and then get out your quick cast magic spell. This will work until you get 3.0 or some OBSCENE source of mana regeneration. The other options (Ancient: something of someone, Gelid Comet, and Corona Flare), they will serve you well. The odd man out (now) is Ether Flame. The mischievious little sod that is both a gift and a pain. It has a siginficant mana cost, explosively long cast time, and crazy low hit ratio. However the damage component saves it outright. The "spell" because useful after one attains any items with +60& to fire based spells and a reduction in cast time on spells under 72. (a ranged slot item dropped in qvic with similar stats). This spell need to have a second shaved off the cast time before including any haste/bonuses.

Currently my wizard is *guesstimating* the average hit is 10054.
Same Wizard with Ether Flame Crit: 17-23k
The above was by a wizard with 3.0, full tacvi and 2 PoD. Buff Bot buffs and familiar buff, nothing else.
*/\*\/* =-=-=-{ This has a 20% resist chance against blue cons at 70 }-=-=-=*\/*/\*

I still feel that to make this spell totally useful, it needs at least another thousand added to rare, unmodified damage. A minimum of one second OFF of cast time too. We either need to liven it up with faster, medium damage.
We can take a slow, steady, game-ending approach. This consists of channelling all 8 seconds of it delicious glory to unleash it with the force of an angry god!...not this 60% resist because he's a "boss" mob.
We could also take a more moderate approach, which is to add about 750-1k to base damage and have it with base cast of 7.0 before talents.
We could also take the insane option. Make Manaburn an active ability from level 1 with NO recovery time other than standard spell cast. Each epic has a bonus to reducing mana ACTUALLY consumed by 15% per epic. (1.0 = 15%, 2.0 = 30%, 2.5 45%, 3.0 = 60%, 4.0 = 75%). Basically a wizard in T2/T3 would be cast Manaburn for say ~60,0000 damage, eating all 20,000 mana. However Mr.Wiz isn't done yet. He has a 3.0 epic. That means of that 60,000 damage, he'll only get a cost for 8,000 mana. That 60k nuke costed Mr. Wiz 8k because of his epic 3.0 staff. Then the wizard would default to Ether Flame or the t3/t4 spells.

Taking the insane option also opens up a chance for wizards to spend every fibre of their being to EXPLODE on a target. Essentially activating "Fully Automatic Tacticul Nuke in a Dress". Although amusing, it provides large planning map instead of, "aoe...*aoe*....boss....*etherflame*.....*etherflame.....*etherflame*.....20% boss hp....*manaburn*...."yuuua yuuuh".

Taking the insane option would also allow for more grouping. Wizards would suddenly be dealing dinner, only a fiery death and cosmetic justice are tonight's specials. Wizards would seriously need the support of a team to aim for longevity, but finally, they will have a reason to be there (and not just to soak cloth rotts damn it).

Either way, I've written most of this on ambien. I'll go back tomorrow and revise some of it to make more sense. Ambien is Manaburning my brain....*oww*...I forgot how to math...."See?"

-Thanks
Hateborne

P.S. - If no one else gets in range, I still seriously would like to volunteer for the wizard 4.0 holder among your team of walking death.

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053