Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:57:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SK Balancing  (Read 4441 times)
STORAGEbox

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2010, 03:10:20 am »

SK's have a group hp / mana siphon spell. IMO that would be a better click then aoe disease dot.

The amount of time it takes to cast a life tap VS the amount of healing done isn't really worth it or even helpful when the proc heal is much better. Improving the life taps so that they are worth casting would be nice. Or rather then making them do more damage, make the line of SK taps instant cast so they can be used in a situation where the epic has not proc in a while.

Thank you
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:43:27 pm »

Making the life taps insta cast would make sk invulnerable.

STORAGEbox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 05:09:01 am »

Making the life taps insta cast would make sk invulnerable.

I disagree with you, however; I see where your going with your comment.

Some of the life taps can be cast without a recast delay but the good taps have them.  The recast delay could be changed to better restrict the ability. I would put the half the taps on one cool down timer and the other half on another, that would allow an SK to use their spells at whatever level they are at and still only have access to two taps at one time.

and, or

To counter the instant cast, the mana cost could be raised to provide taps for strategic moments in battle.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:34:35 pm »

While I agree that something needs to be done with SK I don't think giving them a heavily modded insta cast life tap is the way to go. You would have other SKs complaining how they are not groupable and all that yadda yadda. I have always thought of paladins and SKs as polar opposites. Being that, I think their procs should be opposite.

To clarify, I think the paladin proc should be 60/40 (60% heal, 40% damage). SK on the other hand should be 40/60 (40% heal 60% damage). They are both knight classes, they should be both largely similar yet being polar opposites. I think this would accomplish that. Sure, SK would have a little bit more dps that pally but pally would have more healing than Sk and it seems to fit with the continuity of their role-playing. You could of course through the use of charms modify your Knight to be more of a healer or more of a dps'er.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)