Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:55:00 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: what classes to box with  (Read 19474 times)
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 04:56:19 am »

SK tank need only one support healor!!! selfheal proc and one pala is enough for rest of the grp!

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 06:48:44 am »

SK tank need only one support healor!!! selfheal proc and one pala is enough for rest of the grp!

That's fine if you just want to get to T4 and stop

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 04:32:46 pm »

Ive been running Pal,Clr,War,Mnk,Rog,Brd. I started out with pet classes, and they carried me all the way up into t5. Once you get there, pet classes start to be a hassle due to the damage output of the mobs/bosses.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 08:49:09 pm »

SK does okay, you might need to buy cloak of anarchy and grind up a shield, but they still work in T5. Is a warrior easier? Sure, but once you don't get one rounded anymore, playing a SK tank and doing well timed 140k+ lifetap casts when you take big hits is pretty satisfying. The other two tanks are pretty much just /stick and let god sort 'em out.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 10:36:17 pm »

Ive been running Pal,Clr,War,Mnk,Rog,Brd. I started out with pet classes, and they carried me all the way up into t5. Once you get there, pet classes start to be a hassle due to the damage output of the mobs/bosses.

Maybe T5+ pet classes need a pet only buff stonewall to help out with mob damage.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Severs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 10:57:27 pm »

Maybe T5+ pet classes need a pet only buff stonewall to help out with mob damage.

Maybe it could be like our halloween pets. Where the buff is automatic, it could pop on the pet as soon as the pet is created?
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 01:04:29 am »

Maybe it could be like our halloween pets. Where the buff is automatic, it could pop on the pet as soon as the pet is created?

Good idea Severs +1
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 11:30:59 pm »

Pets seem to do okay if you actually position them so they hit from behind. Otherwise, They tend to die to ripostes pretty quickly since they swing so fast.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 11:47:49 pm »

+1 on pet mitigation, I have 2 good mages both T6 that I don't use due to pets being weak.

I would go further and say that T6 pets need a dps boost, they don't add much to the group dps wise either in T6... i notice only a couple of % extra dps from them.

True, mages have a nuke... but it's only base damage since almost noone UC's a mage, they may get high sorc charm but I don't even bother nuking with them in T6 as it's too much effort for too little return.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 12:50:12 am »

The problem with that is it is free dps. You  put nothing into the tune beyond epics and whatever left over gear you have and their pet has the same dps as someone who has a UC on their mage. Melee tunes have millions of plat that they dump into their toons and have to be properly geared to not get roflstomped. Until a way is found to require the same amount of effort and plat to increase your pet dps and survivability then I can't see where is a good idea to boost their dps and survivability. Maybe if there was a way to boost their hp by linking them to your own then I can see the survivability boost. Or maybe some items that right click summon pet gear/weps that is upgradeable by plat. Otherwise you will see people in the end game with nothing but pets, because they are free.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 01:05:28 am »

I'd be more than happy to pay for better dps on my pets. Perhaps there could be an item created that would buff the pet, similar to the mage 2.5 (I think it is). Requires same mats as fs/ns augs, tiers up to 10 for mitigation/dps boost to pets.

This makes this feasible and practical for those people wishing to invest in pets, and noone gets a free ride.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 01:26:44 am »

I've never cared for the click on the UC. I don't know if others use it but maybe replace it with a click buff for pets? And a better one for the UC2? It could be an hp and mitigation buff that lasts like 5 hours or something. And then make an item that scales up the same way essenses do, costing the same as augs that has a right click pet weapons and gear. Version 1 through x could be made so it can be upgraded the same way augs do. The pet gear would obviously have hp and some ac and maybe some haste, while the weapons would have some nice damage and procs. Since pets are already flimsy make it so the procs have some sort of negative hate modifier so that any other pc near them tanks.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 03:20:14 am »

I use the click all the time, even with 900k hps a 50k rune is useful. I am convinced it has saved my bacon a few times.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 10:17:08 am »

How about an item with a climbing mitigation buff for pets only? Something that would take cash and effort to get (yeah, I know....that means essences again Tongue). I agree pets are limited in their use after a certain point, but I also agree that its a nice offset to the dps they can do compared to melee having to purchase/make augs. A mitigation item for casters might be just the thing.

Oh! Better idea! How about a second CG quest....one that allows members to hail equip a set of pet armor that gives the mitigation?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 04:41:41 pm »

Yeah, I also like the click on the uc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck