Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:58:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Came back afetr several years  (Read 7545 times)
Getin

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:01:13 am »

First off, real shame about Hunter, unsure of the circumstances, but may he rest in peace.

Turns out my Sk is still alive and kicking - thought it would've been deleted over the 5 - 6 years i've been gone. That being said - all my spells are wiped, is there any gm or method that can get that fixed? Be a serious pain in the ass to get them all again :/

Also, notice SK AA's have been through the grinder - redistributed my refunded AA's, and it seems like there must be missing AAs - or costs were changed, because I have a huge stock of AA's left over after putting them into what I could.

Finally, don't soppose there's a way to have my class changed? Tongue war seems to be the new fave, but I poured too much time into this char to reroll.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 04:07:45 am »

I suggest reading the wiki to catch up, it is very well written. You've been gone over 5 years? Your sk is so far behind you may as well re-roll. It's not like he has a high Ultimate weapon and Earring of the ages, after all. If you don't know what those are, they are the gold standard to dps here.

You always needed at least one warrior here. Sure, there were people that made groups happen with an sk, but those guys were going way against the flow just to do it, and ever since warriors started getting serious mitigation on their epics that was way out of vogue.

You will learn alot about how the server works now rolling a war. You should already have a couple palis to help out also and then some dps. You need a solid group to succeed here, and you want to get your Ultimate weapon started on your war as soon as you can.

If you truly wish to play here and enjoy the server, roll that warrior and start climbing up. You will find that people are as helpful as ever here, and the Wiki is a godsend for all info you could possibly need. Under Akkas leadership, this server has basically newly been reborn in my opinion. He listens to the community, is dilligent on fixing bugs and is moving forward on content and completely fixed the most broken Tier we have ever had, T10.

You have alot of good times to look forward to. The fun is in the journey, don't be in a huge rush to skip forward.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 05:30:18 am »

I say keep your SK as a dps toon, cause some toons are sentimental like that, and roll your warrior. Later on I think you will find a UCv3 SK with a UW a big plus on your side.....will just take a while to get to that point. Have fun though.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Peign
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 08:28:20 am »

Roll a war, shaman, monk, paladin and zerker to go with your SK.   SK is fine for dps, not as good as many toons but I get wanting to keep him. 

Regarding spells, hail the npcs in QRG, there is a spell npc that will give your spells.   There have been many new spells added over the 5 yrs that are dropped.
Getin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:31:33 pm »

I'm terrible at multitasking, but I guess I'll have to adapt. Tongue

@Peign, thanks for the tip about spells - I completely forgot you could grab them through npcs. Must have confused my memories with the old pub servers.

I never really boxed before, though it doesn't sound too hard with modern rigs - but I'm curious about the rules, if I make a war, take him to CoM grouped with my SK, is it considered afk farming if I sit my war in a corner and have my SK farm black reavers, etc?
Xeoh30

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 01:20:17 am »

From what I read in the forums and in the Wikis, it is considered to be botting for anything that involves automating. Power Leveling is not considered as automating in my eyes.
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 09:41:56 am »

I never really boxed before, though it doesn't sound too hard with modern rigs - but I'm curious about the rules, if I make a war, take him to CoM grouped with my SK, is it considered afk farming if I sit my war in a corner and have my SK farm black reavers, etc?

No, that wouldn't be considered AFK farming.  AFK farming would be if your SK was farming black reavers without you controlling it, aka a botting program.  There will be a lot of times when you're back farming essences that only your main tank will be trashing the place while everyone else is absorbing xp.  As long as your guiding your toons to grind/farm/quest, it doesn't matter if some of them are on the bench waiting to be used. 

I've also helped people in the lower tiers while I was farming essences.  Technically, they were just sitting at the zone in not doing anything until I summoned them all to the kill zone to loot up.  I was the one who trashed the zone so it's fine.  As long as I'm not allowing a bot to do my bidding it's fair game.

Peign
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 10:25:10 am »

I'm terrible at multitasking, but I guess I'll have to adapt. Tongue

@Peign, thanks for the tip about spells - I completely forgot you could grab them through npcs. Must have confused my memories with the old pub servers.

There is no multitasking.  I don't multitask, it's proven to lower IQ and is far less efficient.  Why Smart People Don't Multitask:   http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/12/why-smart-people-dont-multitask.html.   

Playing 1 toon or 26 is close to the same.   You basically play 1 toon and hit some buttons to control your other toons.    Everything you need to get started can be found on these forums here:    http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3803.0

Oh, and why the hell would you farm reavers?    Read the wiki, EZ is not the same server it was 5 or 6 years ago.    http://wiki.ezserver.online/
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 11:32:07 am »

If you're like me you have some "stuck" spells that you can't remove from the gem slots, if so type "/say #nospells" - I think that's it, someone maybe can correct me if not... That will clear your spell gems and let you start over. Of course make sure you have the latest server files (spells and zone files) and highly highly suggest you get the newest client ROF2.

As for your SK, keep it. Depending on how far along you were, the epics are now augments past about epic 3.0. Knights (Pal/SK) can hand these in to the epic quest npc for an augment - make sure you grab a weapon "skin" to plug this into because it's useless without one. These you can buy for free in Cazic Thule (which is now a progression zone, replaced TacVI) or Plane of Dragons (Tier 1).

If you have other old toons with epic 4.0+ etc you'll have to just get the next level up (4.5, 5.0 whatever) and hand in the old epic with the completed book/etc.

Also if you didn't quit before "strike" augs were added, Ice/Fire/Ninjastrike and had 2 or more slotted in a weapon, these are "stuck" and you can't remove them manually. The Augment Sealer npc can remove them for you, hail him and follow the instructions. Also type "/say #claim" as you may have some augments refunded that way too.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:33:46 am by walk2k » Logged

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 12:56:44 pm »

As several people have pointed out, the wiki really is your friend. So many things have changed over the years that you will struggle more than a new player would. The wiki has details on mq2, setup options and some useful hotkey macros. You can always go to a lower level zone with your warrior and pally to test out commands. If you have trouble getting something to work thats not covered by the wiki, ooc or the forums are a good place to ask.

The only thing you can't do with mq2 is automation. Thats having your toons do things without you telling them to. As long as you have to press a key to get them to do something(auto attack, cast spells, click clickies) you are playing within the spirit of the server.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Getin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 09:30:28 pm »

A ton of good advice and pointers, thanks guys.

"If you're like me you have some "stuck" spells that you can't remove from the gem slots, if so type "/say #nospells" - I think that's it, someone maybe can correct me if not... That will clear your spell gems and let you start over. "

@walk2k that was really bugging me, thanks alot. Smiley

So I can turn me 3.0 into an aug huh? not bad, I'll have to see what the various skins look like~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 162