Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:41:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: LDON charm for bards?  (Read 7403 times)
pouncer

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2010, 04:41:17 pm »

Which charm upgrade from LDON is best to use for bards?  Does the sorc one help at all or should they use the melee dps one?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 04:53:22 pm »

/shocked face

we have bards in game!?>?

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 04:54:53 pm »

Damn... 1 minute late... I was gonna post something along the lines of "In b4 witty comment about bards being in game or viable"

pouncer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 05:09:14 pm »

To hell with you haters, I'm liking my bard so far tyvm. Tongue
TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 07:06:38 pm »

I find a bard adds some pretty substantial boosts to a melee heavy group (especially with pet classes in the group).  I also enjoy the use of faded memories pulling (especially when I pop Kronos).  They aren't anywhere near their awesomeness (not even relatively close by any comparison) prior to their extreme nerfdom, but I just plain enjoy keeping mine around, even for the sake of nostalgia.  But then again, I like to run around with a rogue, beastlord, and necro alongside the bard just for the hell of it.

When I need a serious boost to dps, though, I'll pop in something more powerful like a monk.  I will agree that the benefits of other classes in the group greatly outweigh the boosts from a bard, but I just don't think they are that "terribad" as some might make you believe they are.

Honestly, though, I'd recommend a guardian charm.  I use my bard often for PoFire plvling for RoA'ing my *only* warrior and more HP would make all the difference in the world (more hp = more possibility for more mobs to be pulled at once, and when you're killing with Damage Shield alone, it makes a difference to be able to pull as many at once as you can take without death).  Otherwise, there's little to be gained from the other charms unless you insist upon wasting valuable sorc charms on a very poor melee dps class (much better given to a class that can make more use out of the sorcerer charm).

Now, if oracle focus worked for bard regen song ... might be a slightly (very slightly) different story...
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 03:13:19 pm »

Bards are great pre t2. I loved playing mine. I keep him current with gear and epics in the hope that sometime down the road they become useful again.

As is he is t3 geared and working on 3.5s. I have no desire to waste any time charm farming for him though, as none of the focus effects work on songs. If that was changed? Well Sorc would be nice.

Deadend
Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 03:19:47 pm »

Bard + 4.0 + 6strike 5 + Sorc41 or UC = ?
I bet pretty damn good damage since bards seem to have a higher proc rate then other classes, at least thats how mine are on other emu servers.
Am I going to drop 3-4mil x 6 and charm farm a bard? no
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 06:56:19 pm »

/shocked face

we have bards in game!?>?

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 11:28:49 pm »

Bard + 4.0 + 6strike 5 + Sorc41 or UC = ?
I bet pretty damn good damage since bards seem to have a higher proc rate then other classes, at least that's how mine are on other emu servers.
Am I going to drop 3-4mil x 6 and charm farm a bard? no

Bathor I keep trying to upvote* your replies. They are 99.9% right on. The other .1% is just general tomfoolery which is acceptable but in a different category

(If you are unaware of upvoting it's a Reddit thing)

Deadend
Balthor2
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 05:46:22 am »

hahah
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww