Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:09:52 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New spell Line  (Read 5347 times)
Thebone

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:51:40 pm »

I think it's able time for a new spell line... you know hunter's plate is not full enough..  But at least we can get some Idea's going here.

L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 11:57:15 pm »

I happen to like odd spells so I would probably be interested in something like:

- Wizard spell - Summons waypoint that (on "Enter group instance", "Enter Guild Instance") will spawn up a zone with no mobs (or mobs that spawn after 9999 hours), merchants, etc.  Just a movement spell - IE - "Eh, I dont want to bother going through ___ zone just to get to ___ location.  Lets go ahead and move to safe-postorms and do our thing."  Kind of an odd spell.

- Cleric Spell - Expand on Mark of Kings to give a reverse ds thats worthwhile.  IE - when melee hit a mob, it heals them for __ hps.  Would absolutely make pet classes more viable.  Could be given to druids / shamans if desired instead.

- Shaman Spell - The idea is that Shamans would have the ability to "Stone Skin" the raid (d&d).  In a perfect world, this would actually just nullify all damage from the first swing that hit a player as the "healing them afterwards" will not help if they are, say, dead.  This -may- be able to be implemented with a "Buff 200k hp, Heal 200k hp, Rune 1" which should give the players a crapload of hps that are present only for the first hit - at which time the rune falls causing the buff to drop.  Recast time would need to be significantly large (~30min - hour).

- Shaman Aura - When running, will extend "Spirit of the Kraken" to -pets- within ___ radius.

- All Classes - Probably not a good idea buutt - Spell with new clicky that has a 1 pt damage, 5 second cooldown, extremely high range AE blast.  The sole purpose would be to use it to gather mobs up when you are doing things in non-custom zones.

- Enchanter - Make a quest npc for enchanters that will give them a scroll if they turn in strike augment.  The scroll should be an almost duplicate of their _doppleganger_ spells except that these will have a proc imbued on them that is -similar- to the augment turned in.  IE - I turn in an icestrike 5 augment and I get a doppleganger spell that summons -me- as though I was wielding a weapon with an icestrike.  Maybe 1/2 (1/4?) the actual damage?  If the doppleganger spell does not allow for that (and it may not, by default), then the turnin could just be a pet-only spell that will add this proc.  Definitely not as ideal, though.  Eh, I have an enchanter now and I am just not getting much use out of him... this would make it more worthwhile at least.

- Enchanter - Upgrade the mana regen spells and make them single target and short duration.  Say, 5k / tick  - 3 minute duration.  Would instantly make enchanters useful while also increasing the usefulness of wizards.

- Magician - Similar to enchanter:  Create a spell that summons 5-10 "pets" (pet swarm) that have ~100 hp each but either deal a large amount of melee damage or have procs that would make this add up.  Needs to be balanced mana / damage wise against wizards or this would turn out to be a better "nuke" than they should have.

- Magician - Move more towards the idea that magicians should be able to summon useful items.  Perhaps magicians can summon a pet pack with better items than the fg/cg blades.  No rent, obviously.  Would be nice to see them also summon some extremely low hp items with extremely high focus effects.  IE - Chest piece that has Focus "+100% Damage" would be interesting... "Do I want to trade 14k hp for an extra 20k dps?" style of questions.  Might make having a shaman along for the hp buff (or bard) more of a pertinent question.

- Necromancer - I have no idea what would make this class stand out again.  Depending on who you ask, their pets are horrible or great.  Perhaps a pestilence type of spell that passes amongst close npcs (an effect already supported on the server).  Maybe a disease that passes to close npcs that lasts ~10 minutes and does ___ /tick.

- Bard - Perhaps an AE HP buff (if this is actually possible)?  Lasts 1 tick, Buffs ~15k-30k, Does not -heal- this extra hps. 

- Bard - Probably a bad idea - 1 damage / tick dot that lasts for 1 tick that damages players in the same group / raid / ae radius.  Should make bards / multiple bards a consideration for mobs that mez. 

- Paladin - Buff that increases healing efficiency (oracle charm style) for other classes.

Ranger / Shadowknight - got nothing.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 12:00:19 am »

I think a good idea for enchanters would be a mana dump type spell. Would make them usefull to box if you use a wizard. Good mage spell would be a summon Fireblade v3 *shrugs* they were used a summoners on live why not utilize. Cleric spell could be *the hp buff* that could stack with shaman 4.5-5.0 buff *wink wink*. Shaman could get a 15% slow maybe that accually works... Might be a low amount of slow but hey its what shamans did right? Necro could get a ae rez? now hear me out... They were the alternate way to rez and i got nothing else really lol. The rest i can't think but thats my ideas.
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 12:06:19 am »

Napoleonn - Enchanters do have a manadump spell.  Drops in either t3/t4.
weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 06:56:06 am »

On live, doesn't one get spells with an increase in level? If so, would raising the level cap be possible?

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 08:32:42 am »

Hunter's stated a few times that the level on the server will never go above 70, and I think this is a GREAT idea. Zones like qvic, tacvi and PoDrags are trivial enough to 4.0+ players as it is.....you'd trivialize ALL current content if you allowed players to keep the abilities and gear they had now AND added 10 to 20 levels and all corresponding AA!! It'd take hundreds of manpower hours to program content and keep game balance if you did.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 08:55:23 am »

On live, doesn't one get spells with an increase in level? If so, would raising the level cap be possible?

He can give us those spells without raising the cap.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 09:48:54 am »

Hunter's stated a few times that the level on the server will never go above 70, and I think this is a GREAT idea. Zones like qvic, tacvi and PoDrags are trivial enough to 4.0+ players as it is.....you'd trivialize ALL current content if you allowed players to keep the abilities and gear they had now AND added 10 to 20 levels and all corresponding AA!! It'd take hundreds of manpower hours to program content and keep game balance if you did.

Ok makes sense!
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 11:53:38 am »

Wizards are an easy fix IMO.  Lower the mana cost of their T3/4 spells.  Maybe 15k on Yamakagi and 10K on Kaldar's rather than 21K and 19K?

Mages would also benefit from additional pets.  Rather than limiting them to Earth (who procs Cyclone Blades .. and gains a ton of aggro) why not add a spell line to summon an equally tough Air, Water and Fire pet with the requisite ability?  Backstab (forget stun since it doesn't work here), DD and Fire Rain?

Shamans could benefit the group with a dot that does significant damage.  I'm happy with Kraken tho, and since I can't use buff pets in T5 the Shaman is a must have at this point.

Encs.. same as Shamans.  Add a nuke that moves the HP bar and/or possibly make Ancient Melee Haste/Vampiric Thunder group cast, but either way it's another must have class for me in T5.

Paladin - Maybe in T6 give them Word of Vivication as short cast group heal.

Shadow Knights - Bump that Legend of Crab HT spell to 12K base and/or give them an AE Life Drain that does 5K and replenishes 2.5K.

Monks - Make their nifty kick of fatality line cast from inventory.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256