Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:42:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Warrior 2HS  (Read 20301 times)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2011, 10:31:52 am »

I understand you are spending all the free time you have on T6, but I've been thinking about what you said last time I brought the subject of warriors being crappy tanks up in ooc, and on the boards here. You suggested incorporating a 2hs wep with worn stonewall or instant click and I think this is really a more appropriate way to go, not that warriors are exceptional at anything even with the 2 1hs, but hey the augs are free.

How about a 2hs from 2 1hs hand-ins (or make it a combine in the scabbord or something) that has 3 aug slots (we need aggro augs in there) and same stats and dps as a 1hs (which would add up to a bit more than half the dps of 2 1hs).  This way we sacrifice dps and stats (from having a second 1hs and less augs) for mitigation.

Another idea combined with this is to introduce something like a nerds vi aug which would take 2 nerds v augs, 2 magical stones, 2sls and 2 gods major essences that would have the anger of a nerds iv and the aoe of the nerds v.

As always, thanks for your time.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:51:15 am »

I'm not sure where you are going here.  From my perspective what Warriors need is greater mitigation/survivability.

When you drop a 1HS in favor of a 2HS you're going to lose aug slots as well as HP.  While that can be accounted for by doubling up on both in the 2HS ... I fail to see the benefit.  Unless you're simply campaigning for the 2H look?

The route I would think most appropriate for the class would be less refresh time on the epic Stonewall.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:06:56 am »

Kwai,

What you are missing is game mechanics.  The reason that SK and Pallies can out tank warriors later on in game is almost entirely the dual weild vs 2hs difference in ripostes taken.  When you add a full round of melee from a mob plus a lucky round where they riposte 2 or 3 of your attacks as well, you are now taking 7 full damage hits instead of 4.  That spike is what kills warriors.  If you were 2hs that would be 4 + 1 riposte and you'd live.

A 2hs tanking option would allow warriors to make a decision, 1hs with damage augs to act as a dps toon, or 2hs with aggro augs to be a tank. 

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 11:45:43 am »

A 2hs tanking option would allow warriors to make a decision, 1hs with damage augs to act as a dps toon, or 2hs with aggro augs to be a tank. 

Warriors dps.... LOL
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 12:14:55 pm »

Well, as they stand now, yeah, it's funny...  If you have more than a couple of warriors though, and let's say they don't all have the same level of HP, etc...  If they are in with regular angry nerd augs, they will draw aggro and die...  If you switch it up, and they throw in some icestrike augs for damage, they can be useful.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Rocco

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 07:14:49 pm »

The most effective and easiest solution. Just remove the cooldown on warrior epic. Doesn't add any dps to the class that is now one of the lowest dps choices (which is fine), but puts them back in the position they were made for.... TANK.  

cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 04:08:43 am »

I would disagree with improvements to their defense to make up for the fact that they arent willing to sacrifice dps. Put down one sword and put in a shield? Less ripostes and shield block = win. And you should still be able to hold agro. They are still the best tanks when they want to be.

I could see giving them a 2h weapon thats equal in all ways to their epics combined, just for variety.

Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 04:04:20 pm »

Also, I think for max effect that 2hs wouldn't necessarily be for tanking but for DPS.

Swinging a big old weapon shouldn't allow you to be more defensive; it should be less so.

Drop the other 1hs and pick up a shield. My PAL is sword and board all the way and he tanks like a champ (of course he heals himself too).

I think it would be awesome to create a plate class only shield that procs a stonewall or heal.

WARs could be more self sufficient and still do AoE taunt and dmg. PALs would be just a bit more self sufficient and possibly not require a 2nd PAL in group at T4 plus just to survive (same with SKs).

You could even play with the heal amount to be more competitive in game. I understand that AC has an effective soft cap in game as well, could play with increasing that soft cap (if possible).
Rocco

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 07:24:13 pm »

They are still the best tanks when they want to be.

I take it you dont have an uc paladin. (permanent stonewall + constant healing = best tank)

stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 01:33:45 am »

perhaps turn in your epic sword for an epic shield like clerics have.
Warriors don't loose hp, stats and aug slots

Comron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 03:55:44 am »

Oh I would love the shield idea. Does suck when your main is a warrior and all your lower tierd toons can own you
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 09:12:27 am »

.... PALs would be just a bit more self sufficient and possibly not require a 2nd PAL in group at T4 plus just to survive (same with SKs).....

Paladins are already the most self-sufficient single class out there and SK's are right behind them.  You don't need a 2nd pal for heals in t4, you just need a UC on that first pally!  Cheesy

I really like the idea of a plate class only shield with a heal proc on it.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 05:07:35 am »

You could always reinvent the wheel and play around with a new modifier on mitigation for defensive...

Not that that would solve every problem, but if the warrior could have a higher mitigation defensive discipline than pally stonewall (and 0 movement hinderance, which is the main taboo annoying us in reference to stonewall) ... you could toss in the shield idea so they wouldnt be a riposte-magnet, and they'd have a higher mitigating discipline (hurray?) than stonewall... and they are suddenly the best tanks again.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 08:47:28 am »

To further the idea of the shield - you could easily (well, in my mind only) make it available from the onset by adding it to the epic hand-in chain.

Example: hand in 1hs to epic dood and get shield - hand in shield and get 1hs
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 08:17:23 am »

I like the idea of an epic warrior shield....and improvements to mitigation and defenses when equipped (but NO self heal....lets not unbalance the class!). Make it so that they can out tank a pally self healing. Maybe also fix furious bash? Unsure if that can be done Tongue

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256