Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:48:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Sleeper's Tomb Issues  (Read 17913 times)
neccos

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 08:03:23 pm »

5 Zeix spawns in 1 run can yield 100 or so baby's which is just undoable and a waste of a couple hours of trying to get to the end result with 14 flagged chars, if this is 10.5 WTF is T11 going to be ? Dam up the GSS drop if this is where its going, this is just not logical progression now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 08:10:48 pm by neccos » Logged
neccos

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2020, 01:27:04 pm »

Epic augs do not cast in sleeper weps, confirmed on shaman paladin mage and necro
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:31:22 pm by neccos » Logged
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 09:24:29 pm »

5 Zeix spawns in 1 run can yield 100 or so baby's which is just undoable and a waste of a couple hours of trying to get to the end result with 14 flagged chars, if this is 10.5 WTF is T11 going to be ? Dam up the GSS drop if this is where its going, this is just not logical progression now.

I agree please up the GSS. Over 800 plagues killed now and no GSS or at least can you guys see if this thing drops.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2020, 12:07:18 pm »

Epic augs do not cast in sleeper weps, confirmed on shaman paladin mage and necro

This has been fixed

Sorry for the delay.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2020, 05:05:10 pm »

Dropping a tangible data point here regarding GSS drop rate in T10, I dusted off my T10 flagged, no faction done mage to use as a coh bot in sleeper and started powering him through T10.  I ran him from dubious to ally in one faction and got boots done on another faction and haven't seen a GSS, but I have seen enough hammer pieces to make 1.5 hammers and got 3 gsoa.

Concrete numbers, since last night:
13,732 mobs killed
232 plagueborn spawned/killed
3 gsoa
0 GSS

Let's say for the sake of argument that I've been unlucky with the GSS drops and for every toon you flag ally to a faction you're going to average a GSS drop...3 armor factions = 3 GSS drops.  Ignoring that each character is going to farm the mythical hammer parts. take that rate and then multiply it by the number of toons that you are running (12-18+?) and factor in that all your toons are working factions together...so you'd have to run all 3 factions from dubious to ally [number of toons you are running] times JUST to flag for sleepers.  Not judging whether this is feasible, intended or unwarranted, just offering the data I have observed.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2020, 05:28:18 pm »

I agree please up the GSS. Over 800 plagues killed now and no GSS or at least can you guys see if this thing drops.

Similar boat here....killed 600 PBS and nothing with regard to GSS.

Every so often i check the website to see if there is anything new going on here. Last i played, Sleepers was just about to be finished. Seeing it had come out, i was super excited to come back to have something new to do. Once i found out the extremely high bar you must overcome to get flagged i about quit on the spot. I literally spent the rest of that day searching for another game to play because i didn't want more T10, nobody does.

Once i realized there were no other good options for me to play i got back on and started grinding T10....again.....I figured i would flag my 4th group who had yet to do anything in T10 and the increase PB spawns are certainly nice but its pretty clear that the GSS drop rate is so abysmal that ill have another group of characters fully factioned in T10 and still only be able to log 3 characters into Sleepers...

In my opinion the bar to get into Sleepers is far too high. I get that introducing another grind will go along way to keeping people busy for longer to buy time for potential future content, but that grind was just put in the wrong zone.

If it were up to me i would have put the grind/time sink in Sleepers itself but since that decision is made and likely difficult to change, i want to go on record as being in the camp that either GSS's need to start dropping at a much higher rate or perhaps only require 1 UA piece to flag for ST.

Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2020, 11:07:38 pm »

I would like to also echo and add to the sentiment already posted on here. The GSS and GSoA drop rates are so insanely rare that its pointless to try to make any further progression to even get into Sleeper's Tomb. Its practically not doable.

Also the bosses pop rate in T10 is just as insanely rare as the GSS. You can kill all the ones that should spawn like Den Mother and she will never show. Same goes with the bandit boss by teleport. It makes the game totally not enjoyable.

Also the souls are a pain as they aren't stackable and seems to done on purpose this way cause the maximum annoyance possible.

Don't even get me started with Kerafyrn herself. The adds are so overpowered that survival is not even possible. And the fact that Kerafyrn consistent drops absolute JUNK even compared to the 4 keepers is ridiculous. No GSS not even ess, just 1 bags of plat and a rose. Its like an insult. It is kind of making T10.5 the same as the Kerafyrn encounter that doomed SOE who had absolutely no loot on her.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:16:50 pm by Serra Angel » Logged

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2020, 10:40:24 am »

Not trying to play devil's advocate here Serra, but I think there are a few inconsistencies with a few claims in your post and I just want to address them.

Also the bosses pop rate in T10 is just as insanely rare as the GSS. You can kill all the ones that should spawn like Den Mother and she will never show. Same goes with the bandit boss by teleport. It makes the game totally not enjoyable..

The boss rates for bosses seems normal to me, the Den Mother has always been rare as fuck to spawn but if you focus on killing the basilisks in the zone she'll pop eventually.  You just have to be careful when pulling the whole orc camp that you target and kill the basilisks first and don't just kill all the mobs indiscriminately, killing jugs or stormbringer/shm orcs before all the basilisk are down is going to screw your chances of spawning the Den Mother if one of those types pops their associated named mob.  Also, it's not just the basilisks in the cave, there's a big concentration of them up in the northeast part of the zone and a bunch of single ones strewn throughout the zone that can all spawn her so make sure if you are focusing on her those are the ones you hit.  Sarnak bosses are rare too, because there are only 2 bosses there as opposed to 3 in the other two faction camps and one of the 2 can ONLY be triggered between 9pm and 6am game time off of a specific mob type that may or may not spawn at 9pm randomly...generally you get between 0-5 ph mobs to try to spawn it and they don't respawn with the rest, they only spawn when night is triggered and only once per day cycle.  Sharpclaw on the other hand is a fucking joke now and easily the biggest reason anyone would want to set up an afk macro to farm it.  You run through an active portal and have an infinitesimally small chance to spawn him, the active portal changes every 15 minutes.  You can set up your entire raid out of port range of the portal, send all of your toons through it 1 by 1 in 3 second intervals with them all triggering the spawn chance, coh them back and rinse repeat for hours before you see him spawn.  It used to be far more common to spawn him, now it's just fucking pointless to bother once you have the soul quest done on your main tank, this I wholeheartedly agree with you on.

Don't even get me started with Kerafyrn herself. The adds are so overpowered that survival is not even possible. And the fact that Kerafyrn consistent drops absolute JUNK even compared to the 4 keepers is ridiculous. No GSS not even ess, just 1 bags of plat and a rose. Its like an insult. It is kind of making T10.5 the same as the Kerafyrn encounter that doomed SOE who had absolutely no loot on her.

Kerafym is completely doable with the additional add per health trigger, she always spawned one add 4 different times and now she spawns 2 adds 4 different times.  She may not be doable the way she was before when people were pulling her out of range of the spawned adds and negating them, but the adds were always intended to be part of the encounter.  And when she spawned 1 add per health trigger instead of two, it was probably pretty easy to just burn the fuck out of her and kill her fast then deal with 4 adds...dealing with 8 adds might require a different strategy.  Protip, you won't damage her unless you have a bane weapon in your hand so it's easy to swap in your UW and burn the adds as soon as they spawn, then toggle your bane weapon back in and whittle her down to the next add spawn...rinse/repeat as needed.  I will agree with you that her loot is fucking horseshit for the effort involved in spawning her, let alone killing her.  She's far too rare to spawn off the warder kills and far too easy to trigger by cycling instances nonstop killing the two warders that are always up.  I'd much prefer that she's triggered as soon as all 4 warders die, requiring you to clear through the zone and spawning the two triggered warders before she'll show up, but clearing through and spawning them so all 4 warders are up when you get to the end means you WILL spawn her upon the death of all 4.

I also prefer the idea of a lesser keying requirement for the zone, personally I don't think it should require UA at all at this point but it should require the completion of the Mythical Hammer quest.  If the concern is higher drop rates of GSS means an increase in how fast UA enters the world because of how incredibly powerful it makes a character, then require the flag to be ally to all 3 T10 factions and completing the Mythical Hammer quest so that the character is able to make UA but needs to farm GSS to do so.  If someone wants to take a bunch of undergeared toons into a zone and try their luck, let them have a go at it...if they find they need to backfarm UA for their warrior they can go back to T10 and do so.  The entire progression of EZ has historically been one that doesn't impose hard limits on working your way through...you aren't required to farm ultimate charms or subsequent upgrades to play in zones, you aren't required to farm Ultimate Weapons to progress, the progression points determine how viable the content is power wise and it's up to the player to determine whether or not they are able to do it with the resources they have or if they need to flesh out their gear more.  If I'm able to do T10 in my Orc Armored, ucv2 (not even 3) warrior rocking one UW and a bunch of toons with strike augs, why not let me progress after I've done all the faction required farming in T10?  To complete T10 you have to kill somewhere between 12k and 15k specific mobs for 3 different factions, spawn enough bosses to make the armor pieces for your raid, and along the way kill 1k randomly spawned plagueborne mobs while looting 6 rare drop pieces of the Mythical Hammer quest on each toon, isn't that enough of a grind?  I appreciate the keying process being difficult, but it seems a bit excessive at this point.
Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2020, 07:25:47 pm »

With respect Dimur I've been careful to kill basilisk first. And NO the Denmother doesn't show up even with weeks of killing basilisk. Thats why I know something is wrong with the pop rate. Heck I even got the Vampire Lord to show up within that time and we know how rare he is.

This is not to mention just how dangerous the basilisk pulls have now become with the ridiculous speeds.

And about the sleeper survival is definitely not possible. All the adds aggro on you instantly no matter which direction you come from. Maybe their aggro range needs to be reduced. One spawn I can survive 8 no.

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2020, 07:41:30 pm »

Not sure what to tell you regarding Den Mother, I've seen her 4x since yesterday afternoon and I'm just mass killing and not really trying to spawn her.  If you have a Qvic mount, you can easily outdistance the basilisks but if you get too far ahead it seems they get confused on what mesh path they need to take and end up warping on you.

As far as Kerafym, are you saying you get 8 adds every time you get her to a health trigger event?  I've done her a few times since the changes and only 2 adds spawn at the health intervals for me, as soon as they do I immediately stop dps on her and take out the two adds then return to beating on her.  If you're seeing 8 per wave, then I'd say something's wrong with the event.  In either case, if you see me on and have her up, I'd be happy to come show you how deal with her and the adds.
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2020, 08:51:22 pm »

850 plagues now no GSS. What's the point of adding in a new zone when people can't get into it because items don't drop.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2020, 04:31:02 am »

Am at same point myself
800+ on pb quest on 2nd group, not 1 GSS or GSoA
And using DL tokens a lot of the time

Can't even complete my UA set, let alone 11 more

Not fun anymore

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 08:50:06 am by Chieftan » Logged

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2020, 11:50:42 am »

Just feeding some additional data points in after my previous one, I'll post that one here first just to keep it all together.  Farming T10 the last few days, here's what I've seen:

Camp 1 - Single loot
13,732 mobs killed
3 gsoa
0 GSS

Camp 2 - Single loot
2,393 mobs killed
48? plagueborn spawned/killed (I crashed so my counter restarted part of the way through but this should be pretty close to accurate)
1 gsoa
1 GSS

Camp 3 - Triple loot
2,990 mobs killed
31 plagueborne spawned/killed
0 gsoa
0 GSS

Camp 4 - Single loot
6,822 mobs killed
104 plagueborn spawned/killed
1 gsoa
1 GSS

Camp 5 - Triple loot
3,013 mobs killed
58 plagueborne spawned/killed
4 gsoa
3 GSS

Please note, this is a mix of single and triple loot instances...the two triple loot instances were both 2 hour triples and both were ~3k mobs killed...between the 2 triple instances I looted 3 GSS, so an aggregate of 4 hours of triple netting me 3 gss means that if it were single loot I'd have to maintain a kill rate of 1.5k mobs/hour to average 1 GSS every 4 hours.  This is an extremely small sample size when considering the obviously very low drop rate so it's likely skewed towards the high end of drop rates.  
Looking at the 3 single loot instances, I didn't record the length of the play sessions because it's irrelevant and there were plenty of afk times...we can use the 1.5k mobs/hour kill rate we did in the triple instances to extrapolate the best case scenario and maintainable kill rate.  What I'm really trying to illustrate is aggregate total mobs killed per return on time invested, so totaling up the single loot sessions we get 22,947 mobs killed overall and 2 GSS looted over the duration of those kills.  This puts the drop rate closer to what I was expecting, ~ 1 GSS in every 10k - 12k mobs killed.  Running a T10 faction from start to ally is going to be ~ 15k kills required of the specific mob type.  If you average a GSS every 10k - 12k mobs, you should end up with 4 or 5 GSS by the time your ENTIRE raid reaches ally faction to all 3 camps.  That wouldn't even finish gearing out your warrior in UA, let alone spare 3 GSS PER toon to flag for the next zone.  

This is all based off my own numbers, so I am curious if this is anywhere near what people have experienced in terms of the GSS they looted while grinding all 3 factions to ally, since I'm taking a small dataset compiled over a few days as opposed to the normal amount of time people take to finish T10.

Additional results posted below, to keep things in one place
Camp 6 - Triple loot 3 hours
4,145 mobs killed (yes I was slacking)
78 plagueborne spawned/killed
2 gsoa
0 GSS

Camp 7 - Triple loot 2 hours
3,047 mobs killed
3 gsoa
2 GSS

Camp 8 - Triple loot 2 hours
3,095 mobs killed
59 plagueborne spawned/killed
2 gsoa
3 GSS

Camp 9 - Triple loot 2 hours
3,070 mobs killed
53 plagueborne spawned/killed
2 gsoa
0 GSS
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 11:14:26 pm by Dimur » Logged
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2020, 09:13:01 pm »

Just feeding some additional data points in after my previous one, I'll post that one here first just to keep it all together.  Farming T10 the last few days, here's what I've seen:

Camp 1 - Single loot
13,732 mobs killed
3 gsoa
0 GSS

Camp 2 - Single loot
2,393 mobs killed
48? plagueborn spawned/killed (I crashed so my counter restarted part of the way through but this should be pretty close to accurate)
1 gsoa
1 GSS

Camp 3 - Triple loot
2,990 mobs killed
31 plagueborne spawned/killed
0 gsoa
0 GSS

Camp 4 - Single loot
6,822 mobs killed
104 plagueborn spawned/killed
1 gsoa
1 GSS

Camp 5 - Triple loot
3,013 mobs killed
4 gsoa
3 GSS

Please note, this is a mix of single and triple loot instances...the two triple loot instances were both 2 hour triples and both were ~3k mobs killed...between the 2 triple instances I looted 3 GSS, so an aggregate of 4 hours of triple netting me 3 gss means that if it were single loot I'd have to maintain a kill rate of 1.5k mobs/hour to average 1 GSS every 4 hours.  This is an extremely small sample size when considering the obviously very low drop rate so it's likely skewed towards the high end of drop rates.  
Looking at the 3 single loot instances, I didn't record the length of the play sessions because it's irrelevant and there were plenty of afk times...we can use the 1.5k mobs/hour kill rate we did in the triple instances to extrapolate the best case scenario and maintainable kill rate.  What I'm really trying to illustrate is aggregate total mobs killed per return on time invested, so totaling up the single loot sessions we get 22,947 mobs killed overall and 2 GSS looted over the duration of those kills.  This puts the drop rate closer to what I was expecting, ~ 1 GSS in every 10k - 12k mobs killed.  Running a T10 faction from start to ally is going to be ~ 15k kills required of the specific mob type.  If you average a GSS every 10k - 12k mobs, you should end up with 4 or 5 GSS by the time your ENTIRE raid reaches ally faction to all 3 camps.  That wouldn't even finish gearing out your warrior in UA, let alone spare 3 GSS PER toon to flag for the next zone.  

This is all based off my own numbers, so I am curious if this is anywhere near what people have experienced in terms of the GSS they looted while grinding all 3 factions to ally, since I'm taking a small dataset compiled over a few days as opposed to the normal amount of time people take to finish T10.

During Orcs I had 2 GSS drop but that was only during that double loot thing going on for the server stress test.

Gnolls 0

Finally starting Sarnaks. Pretty sure that will be a 0 too
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:26:07 pm by Mersedez » Logged
neccos

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2020, 02:29:54 pm »

When Akka announced that the GSS drop rate had been upped a bit it seemed reasonable for the amount of time spent but that appears to be gone again.  Doubles / Triples don't really seem to do much anymore except the pp bags, not even where single loot was a few years ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 181