Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 09:37:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: New Spells List Suggestions (RELEASED!)  (Read 58681 times)
Iichigo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 09:22:04 am »

Having played a necro on live, and having one here I really dont want to bench mine(were working on t3/ucs now). Id like some spell to be added to t4-5 area to catch his dps up slightly with a mage(t4 of course). The dot numbers you are suggesting just seem very low. I click all three insta drains and plan to work on sorc eventually, but even they are no where near comparable damage wise. Maybe add another dd, ignite bones type(used to love it on live) or even another tap with a bit beefier then suggested damage output.

-edit- guess a super easy fix would be to just increase damage from the t4 spell. Believe its only 7500 base?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:22:07 pm by Iichigo » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 10:11:20 am »

Dethundrel, you need to take a closer look at others' posts.

Duladian first mentioned that he was afraid his post would be invalidated because he's relatively new.

I mentioned that it would not and was welcome all the same.

Then I did an edit on the post to thank you for the aug update.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 10:55:21 am »

One problem with monks and innerflame is it knocks off the shaman epic click, since they both have "all skills damage modifier". Changing the slots should fix that though (this is more appropriate for the 'broken stuff' thread I realize')
Trasque

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 11:11:09 am »

On the Bard damage mit X until Y damage - This may not work well as the X blocked damage will refresh with each recast of the bard song. If they are twisting, it will refresh the X amount every 12 seconds. If not twisting, it will refresh the X amount every 3 seconds.

Now I'm not high tier anything...at all..but this could provide immunity if you have a bard constantly singing this 1 damage mit song, or 2 that start singing 1.5 seconds apart.  Anything less than this server's high end craziness will provide immoratality.

Hate - I can be on quite a bit tonight if you need to do testing with my BL. He's only 3.0..so not sure if its what you'd need.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2012, 11:56:04 am »

shaman 5.0+ epic click idea maybe have the kracken line added to the spell along with the Hp increase? or some kind of regen to add to it something to really increase the spell.

Also maybe making a cleric hp spell that stacks with it? but gives a differnt effect?

as for monk i agree their epic needs a better click but i think a HoT  aspect for it as well as a damage increase? insta heals dont really work and no one ever really clicks it lol

Just tossing out ideas.
Trasque

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 12:29:28 pm »

BL possibilities:
Upgraded Pet heal spell: Last healing spell is lvl 67: Muada's Mending - Hitpoints by 1176 (L67) to 1206 (L70)

Spirit of "X" spell: Last working is lvl 68: Spirit of Irionu - adds 75 dex and we can add an AOE proc or group heal proc here, possibly add in focus of healing into this proc for the pet
(Yes there is a lvl 70 spell - not on server as it is a skylance quest reward)

Upgraded version of Spiritual Ascendance: lvl 69 spell - 10 hp/mana regen - group
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2012, 01:18:11 pm »

One problem with monks and innerflame is it knocks off the shaman epic click, since they both have "all skills damage modifier". Changing the slots should fix that though (this is more appropriate for the 'broken stuff' thread I realize')

same goes for rogue duelist disc. I was pondering earlier and i think that the crit stat (the kind of crit on the bard/necro epic, not skill crit like what enchanter haste provides) should really be utliized a lot more in this game outside of the 2 classes that have access to it. like haste, crit scales very well with gear & is the only stat outside haste & focus effects that benefits both healers and dps'ers for providing straight damage/healing.

edit:
pets: Is there a way to make pets share their owners stats? like spell shield etc. having that available might boost pet survivability a lot without having to touch their hp
paladins: upgraded version of brells?
berserkers: give their epic 4.0-4.5+ a new ability and replace the aoe click with a droppable disc tome. only issue ive heard of for zerkers is drawing unnecessary attention in T5 and getting punished for it. this way they dont lose their beloved aoe strength
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:34:21 pm by Digz » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2012, 02:40:03 pm »

This may be addressed by simply adjusting the buff slot. Thank you for the note.

On the Bard damage mit X until Y damage - This may not work well as the X blocked damage will refresh with each recast of the bard song. If they are twisting, it will refresh the X amount every 12 seconds. If not twisting, it will refresh the X amount every 3 seconds.

Now I'm not high tier anything...at all..but this could provide immunity if you have a bard constantly singing this 1 damage mit song, or 2 that start singing 1.5 seconds apart.  Anything less than this server's high end craziness will provide immoratality.

Hate - I can be on quite a bit tonight if you need to do testing with my BL. He's only 3.0..so not sure if its what you'd need.

First, it only absorbs a set amount of damage up to the amount. So even 'Mitigate 20pct until 2,000,000' would only shave 20% of each hit until the amount is hit. For the values I have suggested, this will literally be one hit for tanks (up to possibly 3). So one to three hits will do slightly less (which most mobs t5+ double hit on minimum with good possibility for quads) for tanks. For the rest of the classes, this might help reduce one shots in t5/t6.

Second, even if we assume infinite uptime and refresh at 3 seconds: it is still a low mitigation amount. It might eventually add up, but the point of the song is to add a small buffer zone. Assuming "Mitigate 10pct until 10,000', that only siphons off 10% per hit every 3 seconds. The character is unlikely to receive enough hits to make this unfairly strong. In lower tiers, it will add a slight durability issue...but that always happens. UC breaks everything below T3. UC2 breaks everything below t5. Omega Charm breaks everything under the sun. etc etc

Lastly, I was actually allowed access to another beastlord for testing. The changes were added to the original post. Thank you all the same though! :-D

shaman 5.0+ epic click idea maybe have the kracken line added to the spell along with the Hp increase? or some kind of regen to add to it something to really increase the spell.

Also maybe making a cleric hp spell that stacks with it? but gives a differnt effect?

as for monk i agree their epic needs a better click but i think a HoT  aspect for it as well as a damage increase? insta heals dont really work and no one ever really clicks it lol

Just tossing out ideas.

I would like to keep Kraken and Sham HP buff separate. This way it isn't a single must-have buff that you can 'set and forget'.

Actually, I am considering the cleric and shaman issue. Specifically, considering:
1) Making all new INT spells as HPv1, all new WIS spells as HPv2. This would give a reason to diversify classes. The possible downside is some pretty large health pools.
2) Making all self buffs HPv2, the target/group spells HPv1. This would make self buffs very much a unique part of the player's buff lineup. The possible downside here is everyone wanting the shaman buff over cleric (as shaman is 25k at 4.0, and ?? at 5.0) where cleric is still 10k. Maybe cleric needs a t5 or t6 'Armor of the Crab'?

The monk I am somewhat leery of updating their damage a ton at the moment. From my limited understanding, they are sitting very high (top?) of the server DPS classes. So any drastic changes to their damage might do the whole 'herding' thing. The HoT might not be a bad idea. It would also be worth looking defensive heal procs. Instead of a set amount of healing going wasted each tick, it has a chance to heal only when damage is taken.

Still replying as able. If I didn't specifically address your post, I am not ignoring it or have missed. I have either not had a good answer or I have not enough information at this time. I am not overlooking anyone's post.

-Hate

Severs

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2012, 10:08:02 pm »

BL possibilities:
Upgraded Pet heal spell: Last healing spell is lvl 67: Muada's Mending - Hitpoints by 1176 (L67) to 1206 (L70)

Spirit of "X" spell: Last working is lvl 68: Spirit of Irionu - adds 75 dex and we can add an AOE proc or group heal proc here, possibly add in focus of healing into this proc for the pet

Upgraded version of Spiritual Ascendance: lvl 69 spell - 10 hp/mana regen - group

I think the t3 and t4 spells cover the first 2 well enough( true its not ae or group heal but Hulk is very nice) Upgraded SA would be nice as long as it was in lines with the higher end hp / mana pools
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2012, 10:15:08 pm »

BL possibilities:

I think the t3 and t4 spells cover the first 2 well enough( true its not ae or group heal but Hulk is very nice) Upgraded SA would be nice as long as it was in lines with the higher end hp / mana pools

From spell list:
 New Spiritual Ascendance (Ascendant Essence) qvic/Warlord/t6 *GROUP*
      Increase Mana by 50/200/500 per tick
      Increase Hitpoints by 50/200/1000 per tick

-Hate

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 12:11:28 am »

Any chance SKs could get an upgraded pet somewhere? Give it a model from unrest (ghoul mummy or zombie), and let it proc a very slight lifetap (maybe 3-5k?)

Mainly just looking for something that can hit stuff for a bit of damage and heal itself through the occasional rampage if positioned behind enemies.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 11:47:37 pm »

Gah!

Had Bard and Beastlord done on actually writing spells, got stupid and tried Secrets/Ailia/Bleh spell editor. It destroyed all the spell groupings and a few other fields. Another hour wasted :-P

-Hate

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 03:59:53 am »

I've had much more luck with Null's spell editor, but mostly I just do it in Excel.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 07:59:19 pm »

I have finished Bard, Cleric, and Druid spells (actual spells).

Will try to finish 2-3 more classes worth of spells tonight.

-Hate

Duladian

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 10:48:16 pm »

I'm authorizing +10 cool points to Hateborne for all his work hes done these past few days! Thanks man!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232