Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:17:08 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Private Login Server  (Read 14341 times)
Chameleonn

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2016, 06:10:56 am »

Can we please have a private login server

i asked in ooc about this and was told by AKKA to make a post here and gather support so if enough of you agree with me he said he will do for us

up side of private login server:

1. if EQemu login goes down we can still play
2. the server number for EZ in EQemu (that change ever damm day) wont effect autologin in MQ2 any more
3. am sure it logs in faster/quiker/like Lightning/i might be lying
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:18:07 am »

up side of private login server:

1. if EQemu login goes down we can still play
2. the server number for EZ in EQemu (that change ever damm day) wont effect autologin in MQ2 any more
3. am sure it logs in faster/quiker/like Lightning/i might be lying

I don't know how exactly that works - I know Shards of Dalaya just recently re-joined EQEmu, and had a private server for years.

"if EQemu login goes down we can still play" - granted I haven't played in a while, but... does this really happen? Hardly at all in my recollection

"the server number for EZ in EQemu (that change ever damm day) wont effect autologin in MQ2 any more" - This would be a huge benefit - to be able to log into all 12, 16, whatever, characters automatically with MQ2? /drool

"am sure it logs in faster/quiker/like Lightning/i might be lying" - idk, maybe, it's fine as is though.

Server numbers not changing would be awesome.

My biggest concern would be the publicity this server would lose.

If we lost our EQEmu LS connection, we would (in my opinion) get virtually zero new players, or at least a lot less. We need new players on EZ. Not the same ol' stale T10 guys working on their 6th UW.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 10:40:47 am »

"the server number for EZ in EQemu (that change ever damm day) wont effect autologin in MQ2 any more" - This would be a huge benefit - to be able to log into all 12, 16, whatever, characters automatically with MQ2? /drool
Yeah, the thing is. It all take 3 seconds to change the server number on MQ2Autologging INI everyday, sure it can be hassle if you're really lazy. But to me, it's not really a big deal.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 11:35:10 am »

One thing I would make of mention is that if we did this, there would be simultaneous connections to both loginservers if we did this.

It would just be up to user preference which one they decide to use. If you use the EZ login server, obviously the only server you will see is the EZ server.

I would also have to create an association between existing (EQEmu) accounts and the new loginserver accounts as well.

We wouldn't lose any publicity over this.

EZ Server GM
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 12:13:28 pm »

Great - I don't see any downside then.

Akkadius - could you tell us the benefits of moving to a private loginserver?

i.e. will it be faster? Would the server number stay the same? Would it be more stable?, etc...

Thank you!

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 02:00:14 pm »

Great - I don't see any downside then.

Akkadius - could you tell us the benefits of moving to a private loginserver?

i.e. will it be faster? Would the server number stay the same? Would it be more stable?, etc...

Merely that if you wanted to 'auto login' the server number would stay the same yes. The other benefit is that you can create as many accounts specific to EZ server as you wanted granted that I build a web interface to manage the accounts. Those accounts couldn't be used on anything other than the private loginserver.

You'd have two ways of getting to the same server. And I could tie private loginserver accounts to the original EQEmu based ones as well.

Coming up with this solution would take a little bit to develop though, not too terribly long.

Thank you!

EZ Server GM
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 02:06:14 pm »

Ohh yeah this sounds like a good idea.

Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 02:22:07 pm »

sounds good to me - I use separate eq clients for different eq servers, but either way this would be awesome.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 03:38:44 pm »

If you know how to script you can make it auto-fix itself after you log in 1 toon

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 12:13:33 am »

I like where this is going
kronarq

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 02:36:39 pm »

The main benefit to this would seem to be not having the server number change all the time. Instead of dealing with secondary login servers why don't we try to come up with a solution to the eqemu login server. We are after all in the uniquely advantageous position of having an eqemu dev and it would be a solution that benefited the larger eqemu community as a whole.

Akkadius can you think of a way we could fix this issue in the login server? Maybe a way to lease a specific number that way if a server went down permanently it could be reused but not list on reboot?

EDIT: Just found out that the EQEMU login server is a different codebase from the open source login server available on github. So i retract my previous statement a private login server sounds great.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:42:26 pm by kronarq » Logged

MSG me IG on my MT Kronwar
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 09:34:59 am »

After dealing with one of my box desynced in PoDragon, I had to close rest of the boxes and reopen them in specified order purely for proper taskbar order.

I definitely want this if it can autologging the multi-boxes in future.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 04:25:36 pm »

I've got enough want for this, I'll just add it on my tasklist to get in place for you all.

EZ Server GM
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 12:39:02 am »

WOOT
Chameleonn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 02:33:37 am »

WOOT

thank you Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
Print