Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:21:12 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Zone connects/Server Lag  (Read 12393 times)
munga

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 03:16:00 pm »

Dang. How do people even find these bugs or whatever? I realize I am not generally sober when im playing, but still thats crazy.
hardcoretank

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 03:27:56 pm »

Lol i figured we would get double loot with all this lag but didnt figure i would loose a weekends worth of work in the process lol FG/CG here i come! AGAIN!

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 03:39:52 pm »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Does this have to do with the augmentation sealer? I had no issue with it yesterday. If so, why not just rollback any new augs which were created over the last 4 days? Seems extreme to roll the whole server back.

I got a gsoa, a ton of oc ess / gear, and leveled some toons on Thursday/Friday/Saturday... =(
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:47:35 pm by warrior5 » Logged

KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 03:56:22 pm »

I would think it would be possible to find out who was doing the naughty stuff. Make THEM pay the ultimate price. Level 1 toons. I agree with the rollback if that is not possible, But those that did the deeds still need to be punished. Severely. I haven't played much this weekend due to the massive lag and zones crashing so a rollback won't hurt me too bad. I might lose some T2 armor on my druid and a few levels on my exp mask. But nothing terrible. Still sucks that everyone has to suffer for some other assclowns actions.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 05:05:50 pm »

Is it really so bad that it warrants a server wide rollback? If there is evidence of clear abuse, take their items down. If thats too much work suspend them for 2 weeks.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 05:05:58 pm »

Actually this is one of those cases where everything being turned in had the potential for being duped. So if you want the heads of the parties responsible you need to look at 80-90% of the server that has been playing for the past 2 days. The server lag was so bad that the NPCs were not responding correctly. This was tested and confirmed with the information passed on to hatebourne within minutes. I know cause I was the one that told him and confirmed that the server was responding inappropriately.

Want my head? Please, take your best shot.

This was not a malicious act on anyone's part. This is the result of the server being sick. And since it would take a long ass time to pinpoint all occurrences this is a very needed and appropriate response from Hatebourne

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 05:12:10 pm »

Actually this is one of those cases where everything being turned in had the potential for being duped. So if you want the heads of the parties responsible you need to look at 80-90% of the server that has been playing for the past 2 days. The server lag was so bad that the NPCs were not responding correctly. This was tested and confirmed with the information passed on to hatebourne within minutes. I know cause I was the one that told him and confirmed that the server was responding inappropriately.

Want my head? Please, take your best shot.

This was not a malicious act on anyone's part. This is the result of the server being sick. And since it would take a long ass time to pinpoint all occurrences this is a very needed and appropriate response from Hatebourne

Wasnt sure if it was just this or if there was evidence of abuse....this happened on my Epic turn ins (not that it was useful to have my old epic aug). But really how much damage could this have done? Seems like something where you just let it go (without a rollback) unless you can determine ungodly gains....then take action.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 05:20:19 pm »

I turned in a lot of stuff and received no duplicates. Odd.

Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 05:21:35 pm »

@Rent

Finding bug and reporting it is one thing.

Finding bug and abusing it is another.

No need for anyone to take a shot at you, dude.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 05:24:37 pm »

I turned in a lot of stuff and received no duplicates. Odd.

I noticed it a bit on Saturday morning while the server was lagging....figured it was a one time issue (with the server lag) and i couldn't discern any way to control it....but i also wasnt looking to seize upon the opportunity.

Goyuzund

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 05:31:49 pm »

could you just run a search on the db for any same item id's that happened within x time in common item hand in zones, remove any items looted instead of handed in remove one entry from each dupe and handle refunds or bugged stuff via petitions and emails afterward as i feel the amount of legit times getting 2 items back from a npc is close to nill

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 05:41:36 pm »

Just be happy the rollback isn't even further back.

If it was realistically doable to just find the duped items you think Hate wouldn't just do that? I imagine he hates rolling things back more than any of us.

Breathe in, breathe out. It is selfish to put a couple days of playing ahead of the entire health of the server -- that's what you are doing when you try to weasel extra time back from the rollback by whining.

Again -- everybody hates it -- it sucks -- it happens.

Blarr!
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 05:50:59 pm »

This has nothing to do with the new netcode changes. Server stress is causing your return_items plugin to fail a key check of the "stop_return"

If the lag is caused from the netcode stuff.. then I guess it could contribute to the hangs of zones causing dupes from the code mentioned :p

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:49:37 pm by Natedog » Logged

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 05:51:33 pm »

If their was an easy fix, then I'm sure they would sort it that way
If they need to rollback, then its bad enough to warrant it, and needs to be done, yeah its bad for us, wasted weekend etc, just have to live with it
We are getting a DL to compensate

I cant remember the last rollback on EZ, so it doesn't happen often, I remember it regular happening on live, with no warning

See yas all when its back up

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 06:07:48 pm »

This has nothing to do with the new netcode changes. Server stress is causing your return_items plugin to fail a key check of the "stop_return"

so ok, but it just started /shrug

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053