Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:00:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Games to Play While EZ is Down  (Read 9711 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2010, 11:15:50 pm »

So, EZ is down again for patching/ upgrades and what not (which is great) but now i have nothing to do with my time. Wife is at work and im kinda bored. Planned on playing EZ til she got home.
Used to play Shards of Dalaya, was good.
I play some private servers of Ragnarok Online, kinda ok game... liked it back when i was in Highschool though heh.

Anyone got suggestions for a few good games? Lets hear what you all do when away from EZ, or just need a break

OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 11:20:41 pm »

Robot Unicorn Attack

and

Pony Island

You will thank me or curse me later Smiley

Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:08:23 am »

Wall of Text, Inc.

Awesome Strategy Game, from the creators of the DoTA allstars map, comes "League of Legends"

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

You pick and choose the heroes they provide free of charge weekly. They swap em out weekly allowing you to experience the game.  AND there's new hero releases every week to two weeks - and they stream it live on Xfire and such - Jeff Jew and the devs are pretty cool dudes.

A gameplay video can be seen here:

http://www.xfire.com/stream_series/  (The Dev is showcasing a new hero to be released, Garen)

It's ala-dota style with how they approach maps and how you win - one side must work together to push the other side back into their base, and destroy their main building in town to win the game. Games generally take 20~40 minutes. Unlike DoTA, which ended every game and leaves you to just load a new game, LoL allows you to gain EXP to level up, Mastery points (Think WoW talent trees), Rune book setups (For small boosts in attack, mana regen, speeds, etc), and IP (In game money) to purchase heroes.

Surprisingly, I never thought I'd get as hopelessly addicted into it as I now am. For the last four-to-five days I've not even been on EZ (shame on me). How the characters play and how you learn them is really fun to mess around with, and you buy items in game like DoTA, although it's all from one guy, and the menu system is very newbie friendly.

If you're bored, don't mind a small download (~800ish zipped? Don't quote me. Unpacks into 1.5 gigs, small download). On high settings the game is beautiful. I know I might sound a bit biased or even bordering Fanboy, but this game is fantastic in the short time I've played it.

Anyways, I suggest giving it a shot if you think you might like it based on that gameplay video I linked. You won't be disappointed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:10:36 am by Blackee » Logged

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:09:54 am »

So found this game. A high rate PVP Ragnarok Online private server. Seems pretty solid.

http://tsbro.com/

thinking if anyone is interested its a decent break from EZ. doing teired fighting all days kind burns you out.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 03:57:05 pm »

Pic very much related: <3

Blood of the Akkadian
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 04:04:18 pm »

Now introducing CELEBRITY GUESS WHO

So playing Moar.

Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 07:52:49 pm »

Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress. (find your own damn links)

They kept me playing for hours and hours.

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:50:46 pm »

I LOVE THIS GAME
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 10:01:35 pm »

I LOVE THIS GAME
Who doesn't?!

Blood of the Akkadian
Sturmx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 09:21:57 pm »

Starcraft 2 Cheesy .. They have the preorder out now and you get a beta key.  Cool

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 10:03:11 pm »

I friggen love Fallout 3
I also like Oblivion though too. <3 Bethesda

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members