Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:41:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: How far can you solo?  (Read 18381 times)
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 11:18:55 am »

This is an old post, I just resurrected it to point out the Pally changes. Cool to see things like that progress.

Looking at the OP, a person new to EZ probably hasn't considered boxing multiple toons yet. So It I think it's safe to say the original question is:

How far can my one toon solo on this server before I am forced to find groups or box more toons?

For my monk,  PoTime was the wall I hit. Then I got some help getting 1.5's and 2.0's which let me solo PoTime more, but I needed 3.0's to solo PoTime bosses.

I couldn't quite do BoT bosses solo either come to think of it, until I got 1.5/2.0's

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:39 pm »

Also depends on what you consider soloing...
- You can make it to POTIME soloing.
- You can make it past POTIME with one character, but you will need help from others and this is still a huge option on EZ.

There are a TON of players on the server that play 1 toon and progress. Yes, its a slow grind for plat for help or even using some of the one-box guilds. But in the end, they still have 1 player.

I see players all the time with dual 3.0's that just grinding it out helping others and getting help at the same time.
It wouldnt be easy though as the game itself is not meant to really solo.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 03:46:00 pm »

Im pretty sure Necros can solo up until at least Qvic. That is one person playing one toon without grouping.

I've seen them killing T1 trash solo as well.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 03:49:30 pm »

Im pretty sure Necros can solo up until at least Qvic. That is one person playing one toon without grouping.

Yeah, you can solo POD trash with a 3.0 necro, but, getting the 3.0 definitely wont happen soloing.
You wont get beyond the potime trash let alone the 1.5 bosses, books and beyond.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 12:22:38 am »

Yeah, you can solo POD trash with a 3.0 necro, but, getting the 3.0 definitely wont happen soloing.
You wont get beyond the potime trash let alone the 1.5 bosses, books and beyond.

Actually when I first started my war I grouped with a necro who could kill the Time bosses with pre 1.5 pet. The fights were long, he just had to heal pet.

He was basically able to kill all the way until the 2.0 boss who is pretty difficult to solo because of the adds.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Balthor2
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 12:59:23 am »

When I started I played warrior + cleric and made it to potime trash, LDON trash. Lacked the DPS to kill the BoT named, potime named or ldon named.
Cleric would run out of mana trying to heal me.
Add 1 monk and I was able to do time minus DS and ldon minus 6.
With the changes to a paladin if you did not want to box at all that is a class to play.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 07:37:19 am »

If you're going strictly solo, SK might be one better.
Zeval31

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 07:49:33 am »

I'm still new to this server, so take my opinion with this in mind, but I found that my Pal with the epic 1.0 coudl take on red stuff easily even 50+, just because the proc on the epic is self sufficient to heal himself (and in many case the 2/3 bots that piggy tail him).

now this may not be possible above 60, but I wouldnt now, he is only 58 at the moment Cheesy
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010, 07:51:21 am »

I'd be curious to see some DPS parses for a 3.0 pally & sk with equal charms (guessing even the sk would go for oracle charms).

Spell damage shouldn't really factor in because in the time it takes to cast a spell for either class you are reducing your chance to hitting another proc.

I think that the pally 3.0 had its dmg raised not all that long ago if I remember correctly.  I don't think that happened for the sk.

In either case I'd go with Balthor's suggestion.  This is because once you decide to box you already have the pally you would otherwise want to make.  

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 11:40:55 am »

I'd be curious to see some DPS parses for a 3.0 pally & sk with equal charms (guessing even the sk would go for oracle charms).

Spell damage shouldn't really factor in because in the time it takes to cast a spell for either class you are reducing your chance to hitting another proc.

I think that the pally 3.0 had its dmg raised not all that long ago if I remember correctly.  I don't think that happened for the sk.

In either case I'd go with Balthor's suggestion.  This is because once you decide to box you already have the pally you would otherwise want to make.  

I'll try to look for a parsing tool, but just from playing both of them at the same time, I can see that my Pally's DPS is easily higher than my SK's, even though my SK has far greater gear. The only time my SK can kill faster is if I'm swarm killing and using the epic and it doesn't get resisted lol

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2010, 12:45:40 pm »

I made a pally.  With compete crap gear (he still had "newbie" in some slots) and epic 1.0 I could solo time trash, one at a time anyway.. adds were a bit of a problem but I didn't try that hard, could probably do some CC with root/etc..  I'm sure he could do Time bosses too, they are extremely easy, just have a lot of HPs.. would probably take forever but I could do it, if I could get there...  Not Dragon Slave or Quil/Terror though.  I can also solo LDON trash, bosses are another matter, though with some more gear and AAs they might be doable.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 45