Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:23:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: SoT?  (Read 10606 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 01:27:02 pm »

Why do we need T10? Why do we need UC3? Why do we need UW? We dont, not really....but they all add to the server in various ways. This was a ton of work that many put in for a now almost worthless item. The war 3.0 epic works better for pulling. Yeah, rank X gives the same spell damage bump as a UC2....but no other bonuses. Hit points on a rank X are inferior to a T8 bow.

And this is all from doing 10 kills on mobs that give you almost NO exp, have NO drops, IN TEN DIFFERENT ZONES....512 times. Right now this serves absolutely no purpose. Not saying we have to do a damned thing with it.....we can remove the quest if thats the case, make the quest for an aug that fits in range slot thats a right click 50K hate for pulling. At least that would be worthwhile. My purpose in posting this is that Hunter KNEW the quest was crap, the reward was crap, and that it needed to be looked at. He posted such here a couple times, and he stated in ooc more than once that he was working on something for it. Just wanted to know if this was in the works or if it fell through the cracks. Besides, Hate needs something to do! He looked bored last time I saw him Cheesy <ducks 29 million wizzie nuke>
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:29:16 pm by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 01:34:06 pm »

aug that fits in range slot thats a right click 50K hate for pulling.

Aug would be a cool idea too

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 06:02:41 pm »

Why do we need T10? Why do we need UC3? Why do we need UW? We dont, not really....but they all add to the server in various ways. This was a ton of work that many put in for a now almost worthless item. The war 3.0 epic works better for pulling. Yeah, rank X gives the same spell damage bump as a UC2....but no other bonuses. Hit points on a rank X are inferior to a T8 bow.

And this is all from doing 10 kills on mobs that give you almost NO exp, have NO drops, IN TEN DIFFERENT ZONES....512 times. Right now this serves absolutely no purpose. Not saying we have to do a damned thing with it.....we can remove the quest if thats the case, make the quest for an aug that fits in range slot thats a right click 50K hate for pulling. At least that would be worthwhile. My purpose in posting this is that Hunter KNEW the quest was crap, the reward was crap, and that it needed to be looked at. He posted such here a couple times, and he stated in ooc more than once that he was working on something for it. Just wanted to know if this was in the works or if it fell through the cracks. Besides, Hate needs something to do! He looked bored last time I saw him Cheesy <ducks 29 million wizzie nuke>

+10

Would love to do this quest just to have something else to work on. Unfortunately, doing the quest as it is now would require a serious mental defect. No one in their right mind would or should do it past lvl 1 based on current content / gear. I have war epic clickie so haven't even done this one time.

Seems like a lot of effort went into creating a quest no one will ever do.

Simple solution would be to change the reward to SoT 2.0 - don't worry no one is working on SoT 1.0 so it won't be a problem.

SoT 2.0 would have significantly better stats / effects considering the insane timesink required for 500+ runs. I like the ranged aug idea. Original SoTs can just stay as they are. Also, similar to buzzing berries, all toons should receive kill credit, and somehow that 500+ needs to be reworked into something sane people would do.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:06:21 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 08:15:03 am »

all good ideas. and i think it would be nice to see the item getting a makeover. i use it still, but there are alot better items for range. so it would be great to see it upgraded a bit to match the bows and stuff that are out there.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 02:56:54 pm »

I got mine to Rank 8 or 9 as well....dont realy want to finish it off as it took how long to get there? and i did it the old fashion way lol....as did Drast (I do believe he did finish it or got really close) and a few others.....would be nice to get a 10 but i just cant see putting forth the effort for it now a days sadly....but these are really good ideas and i do hope something comes about it...

I do like the idea of a SoT 2.0 and the orginal being legacy ...but for those of us who have done it the hard way maybe keep it so we can sooner or later finish it to SoTX? and just make another. Or maybe make it so we can add our SoT rank that we currently have for the updated if it does so come about? Just some other ideas to toss into the pot.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 153
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)