Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:25:55 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Rules  (Read 251474 times)
tacl

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2010, 06:48:24 pm »

need some clarification on  "If the item doesn't drop, then give someone else a chance at the next spawn before you try again."

so are we only allowed one spawn if we are camping a FG/CG item then we have to let someone else have the next kill?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 06:53:07 pm »

If that is the case, then someone can be there for 2 hours and someone else comes along and is there 30 mins or so and gets the drop cause they were allowed by rules to go after the next spawn. That would really really suck. I am glad I won't be doing these camps anymore.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2010, 12:03:33 am »

need some clarification on  "If the item doesn't drop, then give someone else a chance at the next spawn before you try again."

so are we only allowed one spawn if we are camping a FG/CG item then we have to let someone else have the next kill?
im sure this is a misundertanding.
If it isnt, its gonna change the entire camping process on EZ.
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2010, 10:47:42 am »

So how long do you think its going to take for someone that is farming a guild item to tell the persons behind them, "Ohh it did not drop this time". There are going to be times when an item does not drop, and I don't think Hunter wants to get an email every time someone is accused of repeat loots, The only way around that would be a mutual understanding that when there is more than a single person at a camp, you group up so when the person in the front of the line kills the named, you can see what they loot. The only drawback would of course be the ninja looter. However if you have logs turned on, take a SS of them looting, and copy from the logs a few lines above and below where it shows that person looting, IMO that should be enough proof to send to Hunter. This would allow the person in the front of the line to get their item no matter how many kills it takes.

It reminds me of years ago on the Live servers when people would do trade skill combines for plat that would make a sell-able item. The Tradeskiller would take the items from the other player for the combine, successfully do the combine, and tell the person, "Sorry, failed this time" and the other person had no clue if the combine was failed or not, unless they grouped with them. Same thing, it was a mutual understanding by the two parties, you grouped up.

Humanity is at an all time low when Hunter has to put a rule like this in place. So yea, it would suck that after you kill a mob and you have to go to the back of the line, even if it does not drop. But there is no other way, people are just out of control ignorant and will do anything to keep farming those drops when others are in line.
Balthor2
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2010, 03:34:50 pm »

Shame everyone cant just drop several G onto the server and be cloned characters. You know, just handed ultimate charm and full t2 or better gear with zero work put into it.
Wouldnt need to do the FG/CG camps if that happened.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2010, 03:41:03 pm »

Updated Guild Quest Camps rules again. Basically, back to old rules, don't go afk. Also adding 100k pp instances.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Balthor2
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2010, 06:51:43 pm »

Instances are win win.
Its really sad how people behave on the mobs.
Whats so hard with you get there, wait your turn in line, get your drop and leave.
Oh well.
Mghargh

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2010, 10:11:01 pm »

So basically someone can leave a mass of bodies clogging an area & you have to ignore them & try to work around them. I've just started there & going through the castle & shipyard quests I kept running across these massive piles of bodies & when I got a kill at times the body fell into a pile of others left behind by someone else. By strict reading of the rules if I can't determine which one is mine I could be nailed for looting a body of a mob killed by someone who just left it to rot? Most of them had something I could not use & I basically used the destroy function to get rid of it so as to clean up the area to make it usable.

Those bodies cannot be looted by any but the individual/group that killed it in the first place for a set period of time. If they walk away from it, it would seem to me that they were not interested in what that mob was carrying. If this set period of time is not long enough, I would think it a simple matter to extend the locked time a bit.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2010, 10:12:57 pm »

Hrm, extend lock time. Might do that + corpse time. Of course people would need to key /hidecorpse all for train corpses. Still needs work. I doubt trash corspes are big deal but if you see a boss corpse, I definately would not touch it even if nobody was there. Someone could be rez'ing or on their way, guild member whatever.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Demin
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2010, 11:57:49 pm »

Please don't extend corpse lock time.  Raids crash some zones or are impractical in other circumstances, and it would suck to have to wait even longer to loot a chest or corpse in t2 for example.
Balthor2
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2010, 02:10:12 am »

Hmm not a fan of putting lock out timers on corpses but maybe reducing how long a trash corpse can stay on the ground would work.
No idea if that is possible but if they hang out for 7min maybe reduce to 5min.
As it is as soon as I zone in I hit 2 hotkeys.
/hidecorpse all
/hidecorpse looted
Then I clear whats near me and if I notice someone just ahead of me killing I'll pause a second and hit the keys again to hide their trash corpses and continue clearing.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2010, 07:20:13 pm »

Like I said this dorf is full of teh knowledges.  Now go get your damned 4.0 ho.

Poop
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2010, 10:33:50 pm »

All corpses are 30 minutes I believe.  I don't think it's possible to make "boss" corpses different from any other spawn except by hand-editing and that's a lot of work.

/hidecorpse (/hidec for short) is definitely your friend.

As far as trash mobs, to be totally honest I will sometimes "accidentally" pull mobs on top of another pile of corpses, and if I "accidently" loot something I didn't kill .. oopsie daisy!   Grin  Nobody really cares about trash that has been left behind.  Boss corpses are another matter, don't touch those unless you have permission.

Mghargh

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2010, 05:05:43 am »

If you see the guy who killed him walk away could you assume that he/she was finished with it?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2010, 11:30:57 am »

No, but you can assume that if you loot a mob that someone else killed you could get banned.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 161