Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:34:32 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RoF2 Client Problem (Help Please)  (Read 7644 times)
Etris

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:49:50 am »

Good Morning Everyone Smiley

I wanted to start off by saying I'm by no means a computer pro or tech savvy so I'm hoping your suggestions on a fix will be easy or given in lamense terms.

Long story short - my RoF2 client is missing something and I don't know what.  I installed the 10 part google pack or what not.  Loaded up EQEMU without any errors (thank god) and logged in.  Please don't bark at me but I logged in to the Leetsauce Server.

Few things that aren't working;

No sound at all - no combat, no running sound, no environment sounds.  Mute.  I have everything turned on in the options.

No spell effects

Unable to target myself or my pet with my mouse.  But if I select their names in the group menu it'll target them.

That's all I've found so far.  Keep in mind I have sound files and spell effect files in my directory.

I deleted everything and thinking of starting from scratch but I wanted to know what your thoughts were on what happened?  Did I miss a couple key files?

My guess is the zip we're getting from those 10 links doesn't completely zip everything?

Thank you in advance!
Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:07:36 am »

If you downloaded it off the wiki, it's based on Chunka's? settings.

You may have to apply the settings then restart your client (/camp do not /q or /exit). If that doesn't work run the initial setup prior to the login screen where you enter your account/password (where you can select classic/luclin models for characters/pets).

Also, if you press your TAB key it will select yourself. if you open up your pet window (ALT+F1) you can left click and target your pet from there.

Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 10:36:43 am »

Seeing that you downloaded them from Chunka's guide. His setting were to disabled the sound and spell effect entirely. So that's normal.

I'm not sure about targeting yourself, didn't have that problem so I can't help you there. Alternately you can use F1 key to target yourself. F2-F6 for group.

RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 12:10:19 pm »

Sound
You can either run the optioneditor.exe and re-enable the sound, or edit eqclient.ini to Sound=TRUE

Targeting
New option in ROF2 to click through pets, and self on options general tab at bottom

If you use sars UI, it had it missing, i posted an updated options window here
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4927.0

Red

Etris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 01:20:14 pm »

I love you all!  Thank you so much for the quick responses.
brixu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 02:30:48 pm »

Does anyone have a rof2 with a normal eqclient.ini that could be posted to get spell effects back i looked through it and no idea what to change
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 04:37:35 pm »

Per Akk no spell effects is not an issue with the .ini settings, its an issue with the emu and the newer client. From what I understand its being looked into.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
brixu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 10:11:39 am »

O alright i thought you had removed them on your version of rof2
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 08:33:34 pm »

Sorry to necro this dead topic...

Regarding spell effects not being able to be seen on RoF2.. someone on the EQEMU forums posted about replacing...
spellsnew.edd
spellsnew.eff

In their RoF2 folder with the ones from a UF / HOT install and then they were able to see spell effects just fine..

I personally use those files from a Live install of EQ.. which is probably why I never noticed them not wokring.. (They are used for weapon glows as well)

Getin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 11:51:45 pm »

Bit of a necrobump, but figured I'd avoid starting a new thread.

Using the RoF2 client - and it doesn't seem to be limited to just EZserver, but there seems to be "unknown string" AA's under the class header. They're all over the max level, so kinda irrelevent, but figured I'd bring it up, becuase I'm curious if that's and issue for anhyone using the HoT or UF clients?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 190