Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:36:07 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: How bout a Semi-Ultimate charm?  (Read 30356 times)
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 03:22:56 pm »

I guess this is where we part ways opinion wise. I don't think all items should be able to equally obtainable to all. Some items are hugely powerful and require sacrifice or hard work, and even working with others to get to, and given that we both agree it isn't impossible to get there as even a solo player it seems reasonable to me.

You won't be able to solo for an epic 4 either, or t3/t4 armor as well. Now perhaps at some point t3/t4 armor will rot, but epic 4's likely will not. That doesn't mean you add another way to get there, you simply figure out how to work within a group to get there if you can't do it on your own, imho.

I agree. Remember though, I'm not asking for an 'alternate path' to an Ultimate charm, I'm making the case for something that is half as powerful.

Here is my analogy and after that I'm gonna let it die:

I'm a runner, but I have a partial torn ACL. I can do 10ks easy. I even came a mile short of doing a half marathon distance one day, but I can't do a Marathon because after a certain distance my knee starts acting up. On a whim I pushed myself to 12 miles one day but it was agony at the end and I limped home, I rehab-ed my knee a lot to get it to that point.

The equivalent of what you're saying to me, is "The glory should be held for those that can finish a marathon.  We won't even hold a 10k."

There's a lot of people who are damn proud of themselves for finishing a 10k.  It doesn't detract from those who can finish a marathon though, cause us 10kers still wish/strive to get that marathon done one day.

Ok that's off on a weird tangent maybe, but do you get my drift?

All the stuff about me running and ACL tear is true by the way. I am currently training to do a half marathon but it's rough.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 03:58:33 pm »

I think the Semi ultimate charm is a great idea. I mean why not? There isn't really any reason why it couldn't be implemented. However, I hope there is never another alternative to an ultimate charm. For example, 2 semi charms together. No thanks. I would like though to be able to upgrade charms still while using the semi charm, also saves the hassle of "heres my semi charm, give me back my 4 charms" + depending on the charm you might use a lvl 30 charm over the semi charm anyways. It just seems like a fun idea for people who cant or wont or dont care to get charms higher then lvl 25 + some previous threads have mentioned that tanks most likely would get stuff towards ultimate charm first, semi ultimate charm would be cool to give people / other classes some feeling of ultimate lol
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 12:03:43 am »

unless you box your own t3 group, play a war main in a t3 guild, you will not see this charm, ever.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 12:04:54 am »

unless you box your own t3 group, play a war main in a t3 guild, you will not see this charm, ever.
sort of takes away the whole concept of an EZ server now
istvaan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 04:00:17 am »

Example (I'm just throwing some numbers out there to illustrate):
1 person boxing 5 toons, with 1 stone every 5 minutes = 1 cyan for a main every 1h20m.

5 people with 5 mains, taking turns looting stones, 1 stone every 5 minutes = 1 cyan for a main every 6h20m

Time sink for boxer above to get Ultimate = 66h40m
Time sink for a non-boxer above to get Ultimate = 316h40m

I was under the impression it took 100 cyans for the ult charm, but your numbers = 50 total cyans?
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 12:31:40 pm »

It's not the difficulty so much as it is class balance. Some classes are so useless in T3 that if pickup groups were made, they'd exclude these classes because it's more detrimental to them to have another player competing for drops than what the class brings to the group. I'll be honest, if I were making a group and an enchanter wanted to join for T3, I'd say no. What can they possibly bring other than more competition for drops? It's just sad.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 01:20:03 pm »

It's not the difficulty so much as it is class balance. Some classes are so useless in T3 that if pickup groups were made, they'd exclude these classes because it's more detrimental to them to have another player competing for drops than what the class brings to the group. I'll be honest, if I were making a group and an Pally wanted to join for T3, I'd say no. What can they possibly bring other than more competition for drops? It's just sad.

Well said.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 05:10:07 pm »

It's not the difficulty so much as it is class balance. Some classes are so useless in T3 that if pickup groups were made, they'd exclude these classes because it's more detrimental to them to have another player competing for drops than what the class brings to the group. I'll be honest, if I were making a group and an enchanter wanted to join for T3, I'd say no. What can they possibly bring other than more competition for drops? It's just sad.

>Implying your class (Pallys) brings anything to T3

XD <3

Blood of the Akkadian
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2010, 08:30:17 am »

>Implying your class (Pallys) brings anything to T3

XD <3

FFFUUU!

I see what you did there, Ieawenpo. -_-

Had me thinking last night. Why not make semi-ultimate charm a better choice for casters? 50k HP, 10k mana on ultimate, 10k HP 50k mana on semi-ultimate? Now the problem would be the sorcer(sic) focus on higher charms in comparison to the limitations of semi-ultimate charm. Alternate suggestions time!

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2010, 07:09:52 pm »

I haven't read all 3 pages yet, but semi ultimate might be possible. I'll have to discuss with Basher first, no promises. I'm going on vacation soon, but just the same will get more time on the PC during my vacation than when I'm working. No promises, and it'd be a while if happens. I understand the point of 26+ requires PoG (T3/T4) Flags.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 12:35:23 am »

I haven't read all 3 pages yet, but semi ultimate might be possible. I'll have to discuss with Basher first, no promises. I'm going on vacation soon, but just the same will get more time on the PC during my vacation than when I'm working. No promises, and it'd be a while if happens. I understand the point of 26+ requires PoG (T3/T4) Flags.

Hunter

You weren't on Vacation already Hunter?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 01:53:17 am »

I been getting ready. I'll be on vacation for June 4th till end of the month.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 08:23:29 am »

I been getting ready. I'll be on vacation for June 4th till end of the month.

I hope you have some fun and more importantly get some much needed rest and relaxation!

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010, 09:26:58 am »

Well if you get a "semi-ultimate" charm, im guessign the 4 charm would dissapear?

I guess you could always do the 1 to 25 again from the next step (t1-t2?) then combine both semi ultimate to make the ultimate...

Just an idea

have a good vacation!

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 02:54:59 pm »

I dont like the idea of 2 semi ultimate charms making 1 ultimate. It would cheapen the Ultimate Charm. if you could farm up/ buy charm upgrades from 1 to 25, then do it again, without ever entering T3/T4 areas.... and make the same charm, whats the point of even getting access to those areas until after you max the same charm everyone is busting their ass to get?

not to mention you can buy the charm upgrades with real cash, making an Ultimate Charm worth 800$. Pricey, yes, but able to buy none the less.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6129
  • Latest: Zandaar
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64997
  • Total Topics: 5055
  • Online Today: 175