Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:55:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Oracle or Sorc charm?  (Read 10888 times)
sarroth

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:16:53 am »

Hi,

I'm currently saving LDoN credits / cards to buy charm upgrades. I'm curious whether the oralce or sorc will be better for qvic (right now I'm working on getting epic 2.0 before going there).

At the moment, my tanking ability is quite good with AA's and lifetap procs, so I was wondering if it's worth upgrading my dps via a sorc charm.

But I was curious whether the the oracle charm is really a must-have as far as tanking in qvic and T1.

Also, how do they affect tap procs exactly? Is it the case that sorc ups the dmg & heal by 50%, where oracle ups only the heal part by 100% while leaving the dmg alone? Or does oracle up both sides of the tap (in which case I guess that's the clear way to go)?

I read somewhere that there was a stacking issue between the Soul Abrasion AA and the sorc charm. Does that mean that the lifetap procs simply use whichever modifier is better (in which case it'd take a high level sorc charm before lifetap procs would benefit)?

Thanks!
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:31:39 am »

staff of fluxing power from noob vendor goes in your ammo slot and gives the same effect as a sorc charm lvl 1-10 (50% more spell damage) which directly affects your procs. That way you can still get the heal bonus from your oracle.

sarroth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 02:04:44 pm »

Wow, genius. Thanks very much.

Now I'm curious why the SK dps parsings from http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1403.0 were done with a sorc charm...
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 06:42:23 pm »

Because the focus effect on a 41+ sorc charm is much more powerful than the a level 1-10 sorc charm which is what the staff of fluxing power is the equivalent of.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:24:48 am »

Yeah, use the flux staff till you have sorc 11+, but my personal preference is going with sorc over oracle for the SK.  You do get the higher heals because the lifetaps are increased by sorc as well as the damage increase, where the oracle only changes your heals.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
sarroth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 10:38:28 am »

Thanks for the responses. Very helpful in learning how the mechanics work on this server.

It kind of sounds like it might be worth doing just oracle v1 or v2 (in combination with the flux staff) and to then start working on a sorc charm.

... last night I was trying to farm gems / cards in level 3 when a guardian upgrade dropped (!). I should have sold it, but instead I cubed it. Oh well. Smiley

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 01:36:26 pm »

You were right to keep it...  You actually want 25 Oracle, 25 Sorcers, 25 Guardian, and 25 Brawlers upgrades eventually.  Then when you have those, you start to farm the V2 upgrades from HoH eventually reaching rank 50 in all 4 and combining them to make the Ultimate Charm.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 210