Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:12:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: what classes to box with  (Read 19650 times)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 05:12:24 pm »

Mitigation and dps.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 05:44:44 pm »

We're getting off topic but anyways...

UC is for all classes, so I wouldn't narrow down the click to pet classes only.

I could try to make pets have the stonewall.

Maybe some crafting item (yes essences) that the owner could click / give the pet or hail the pet to auto equip. With extra pet DPS and able to survive, then there would be a lot more pets in T5 and T6. Just don't want to make it soo powerful that players would rather use Mage pet than have a Warrior Tank.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 07:36:55 pm »

Awesome. This might make me dust off my mage. She used to be a solid part of my group but got sidelined as my melee toons got more powerful than her.

Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2012, 10:45:49 pm »

how about UC rune land for both the character and pet... To help with survivability

and then create an aug/item via crafters guild that will increment pet DPS via essences

Though I don't think we want to take away a BST ninjastrike therefore I suggest we avoid a epic weapon aug for pet DPS
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 11:38:23 pm »

What is a good way to increase a pets DPS? Maybe pet power buff?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 11:44:30 pm »

My mage is close to 330k DPS with UCv2 and ALL buffs..

About 100k++ behind monk and beastlord.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2012, 11:46:08 pm »

I can see pet classes questing with essences for more DPS via Pet Procing or Pet Power Buff or something Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 11:48:10 pm »

I can see pet classes questing with essences for more DPS via Pet Procing or Pet Power Buff or something Smiley
Flagged quests via crafters guild that let you hail your pet and give them different types of fireblade v2's, that have different procs on them. Maybe one dps type, and one defensive type. That way you can choose survivability, or higher dps.

Thats my 2cp
Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2012, 11:55:00 pm »

Long lasting I hope... otherwise it's a click fest...
Problem I forsee though with a long last buff, folks would just create a single item/aug and the share it with their group...

possibly a no trade item, BUT one that is quested in Nexus or other public zone -- don't think folks would be keen on having to TS each one of their pet classes
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35:29 am »

Just make an NPC that trades a normal UC for a pet class UC (back and forth like the epic vendor does with 1h/2h epics). The pet version click is a pet buff instead of the 25k rune.

Some tuning would be needed, or maybe some new pet spells should be created, since the mage and bst pets proc the same spellID as the mage T4 nuke.

Ideally, a 4.0 pet should do about the same dps as a melee with say, Strike Vs and no charm, but with a UC the pet would scale up by the same amount.

The difficulty therein lies in adding some sort of gradual way to scale the power increase over the charm ranks, which honestly is probably not worth it, as a 4.0 pet already demolishes all the content before it in its current state, it is only in content beyond T4 where people start getting UCs that pets really start to lag behind.

Suggestions:

Buff the mage and bst 3.0 pet damage, or nerf the necro pet. The mage/bst pets proc a 5k nuke, the necro one procs a 10k lifetap. It'd probably be fairer to just make the necro pet proc a 3k lifetap and be done with it.

The 3.5 and 4.0 pets are a bit more balanced in relation to each other, but do too much damage for a UC-level power increase. The mage/bst ones do double damage per proc relative to the necro pet, but no healing on their proc (so roughly a 30k dps difference). These pets should probably be toned down, as about 80% of their damage comes from procs and they already do about 70-80k dps when attacking from behind with just haste buffs. Suggestion: Lower the procs to a 15k lifetap and a 25k nuke. These pets would do about 40k (nec) and 55k dps (bst, mage) afterwards.

The pet buff buff click I'd like to see on a pet UC would be something along the lines of:

Increase spell damage by 300% (Mainly affecting procs, but would affect the healing the necro pet does)
Increase Hit points by 50k
Increase AC by 300
Mitigate melee damage by 15%
Add Proc: Ultimate Parry

Ultimate Parry (CBA to think of a better name)

Block Melee or Spells (1)

This should really help with pet survivability in the following tiers, as well as let their damage scale appropriately. The base pets definitely need a nerf if they are going to scale at all, considering all you need is the actual epic, and you get a 50-80k dps pet currently. The effort required to get carried to a 4.0 on a mage or necro and then use it to trivialize all previous content is extremely low, considering people sell MCP kills for like 50k and pages for 10-20ish. A couple hours farming velks is all that would be required.

Compare the damage of a 4.0 mage pet with say, a 4.0 monk using strike IVs with a sorc 1 (which takes a couple million in monetary investment for the augs), and the pet will still probably do more dps until the monk grinds his charm up to around a sorc 31 or something. Nerfing the pets but letting them scale with the UC is pretty much the only way to go about this, considering how fire-and-forget they are for damage.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »

Really good idea to give pets Spell damage... BUT... spell damage does not work on pets it seems.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 12:44:53 pm »

I can easily add/edit the current pet code that when you hail the pet, it checks to see if you have an UC and if you do have one then you can request the pet equip a pet version of the UC on itself.

Maybe a drop spell that is pet only buff cast by the pet owner onto the pet. Each tier gives it more HP, Stonewall, Haste, etc. Could be some super buff to make the pets good dps and survive.

The necro drop spell scroll for pet buffing could be something cool like increasing higher life taps or something.

I like the idea of making pets worth having where almost everyone would want one as much as a Cleric and Warrior in their group.

Just have to be careful that we don't replace main tank classes.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 01:20:54 pm »

What ive tried on pets so far.....

Buff for Spell Damage ---- Didnt work

Focus effect item --- Didnt Work

Worn effect item --- Didn't work

Only thing that I could get to work was scaling their Melee damage with a spell... hmm

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 02:21:23 pm »

What focus effects did you try, Paldail? Did you try like the mage summoned jewelry, or did you actually try a pet with a UC-esque damage modifier?

The mage and bst 4.0 pets (and beyond, I think) both proc Shylo's Bolt of Doom, the T4 mage nuke that is a double 25k hit. The Nec 4.0 pet procs a custom 25k lifetap that isn't available as a spell to players. Enchanter 4.0 pet has no proc. I have no idea about ranger pets on the 5.0+

I'm thinking that simply removing the procs from the pets and making their damage pure white damage would be the easiest move, but they still wouldn't scale as well with stuff like kraken/tempest blade. The necro pet is also reliant on the lifetap, and pretty much the only reason play necros is to brainlessly farm and trivialize stuff like shadow or PoD. Maybe they could have a spell they can buff their pet with that reintroduces the lifetap proc but at the cost of pet damage?
Sebastionleo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »

I like the idea of pet with its own version of UC, but do you mean same stats? Because a pet with +300% spell damage would be insane DPS.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)