Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:58:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Wizard Cast time  (Read 13301 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:33:36 pm »

Thinking about running an sql query for:

recast time = recast time + cast time (where spell is for wizards)

then

cast time = 0 (where spell is for wizards)

This would make all wizard spells instance cast.

Would this also make Wizards more fun to play?

Of course I know people are trying to figure out the perfect multibox class combo which Wizards usually get ignored. Might have to up their DPS a bit too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:44:26 pm »

Cast time being zero will help make wizards useful on trash.

Honestly, though, I don't think many people will include Wizards in their core lineup until the class is the top DPS by a large enough margin to make dealing with the mana issue worth the hassle. The argument for not letting dropped spells keep up with an aug'd melee class is less relevant at this point, considering the unicorn weapons.

My 2cents.

Main: Bubbin
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:51:13 pm »

For the epic quest manastone you mentioned in game maybe make it an upgradeable manastone. You can upgrade it making it more potent with jars of mana from each tier zone. You could even make it a necklace item so  you could upgrade your mana and mana regen with each upgrade. It would kinda fit with the lore of the game to have your own manastone as a necklace too.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:22:31 pm »

Maybe from Crafters Guild, can make higher and higher ranks of Manastone as you get through the tiers in the game for more mana which is less clicking and faster mana for more DPS.

I'll see if I can make some Manastone Necklace from the Crafters Zone via regular stuff that Strike Augs use.

In combo with instant cast + manastone, the DPS should be able to get insane.

Wizards would work great with Paladins that are always proc healing the group since the Wizard will be mana converting.

Not final yet, just idea in middle of the night here. Going back to bed now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:23:28 pm »

befor Neck to it on Earring ... !

Camric

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 01:49:38 pm »

Maybe from Crafters Guild, can make higher and higher ranks of Manastone as you get through the tiers in the game for more mana which is less clicking and faster mana for more DPS.

I'll see if I can make some Manastone Necklace from the Crafters Zone via regular stuff that Strike Augs use.

In combo with instant cast + manastone, the DPS should be able to get insane.

Wizards would work great with Paladins that are always proc healing the group since the Wizard will be mana converting.

Not final yet, just idea in middle of the night here. Going back to bed now.

Hunter -

Is it possible to have it a drop from a mob from each tier instead of competing for rare components that are used in many recipes?

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 02:24:14 pm »

I agree with Camric totally.

Not really an issue Until Post T5+ anyway
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:54:55 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 05:30:42 pm »

+1 Having to go back and farm previous tier mobs for more stuff is not appealing.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 08:59:43 pm »

With bard (6.0) in party I don't really see my wizard ever going out of mana.

However... with my high amount of DPS my wizard almost NEVER lands a single nuke on trash... that is WITH spell haste from enchanter.

On bosses the dps from the wizard is noticeable and the mana consumption seems normal with a 6.0 bard.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 12:59:31 am »

I'm playing with Wizards on the test server.

I added the cast time to the recast time.

I edited all spells that are Wizard Only to have 0.9 cast time if their cast time was already greater than 0.9 second.

Seems to be pretty fun with lots of clicking spells and good DPS.

There is a HUGE advantage to having all the spells instant cast.

If you click all 8 or 9 instant cast spells, even though the time was added to the recast time, the recast timers can all refresh at the same time! So if an average recast time is 6 seconds, then you can cast ALL your spells every 6 seconds.

But if you have normal casting time, then you can only cast 1 spell at a time. If the cast average cast time is 6 seconds and you have 8 nukes to cycle through, that would be 48 seconds to cast all 8 nukes opposed to only 6 seconds to cast all your spells if they were instant cast.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm trying to make a compromise so its not too over powered, so we will try 0.9 second cast time. With cycling maybe 8 nukes, that would be 7.2 seconds to cycle through all the nukes rather than 48 seconds if spells were not changed. Also 7.2 seconds for the 0.0 cast times is slightly longer (more balanced) than having to wait only 6 seconds on all the 6.0 recast timers (instant cast time spells) refreshing at the same time. I might tweak cast times more later.

Recovery time seems to have an affect on casting the next nuke. I can always tweak that later as needed.

So far it is Wizard spells only. If the spell is also used by another class, then it was not changed by the sql query.

If a Wizard nuking on a boss with Bard grouped for mana has normal mana drain, then I'm guessing that this faster casting would drain a Wizards mana pretty fast.

So I'm going to make new mana stones to help out Wizards, or possibly for all 4 int classes. I'll add high mana stats to the item as well to increase your mana pool. Having a super mana stone that does something like 100k mana convert would make the class very compatible with group healing classes like Paladins and Clerics.

No spell file yet for download.

More ideas and feed back are welcome.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:02:51 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 01:27:37 am »

well i def like this idea i may pl a wizard up and play with it myself...i loved them like my mage...but like my mage i love him and his nuke does well..unfornatly even with a bard in group he still runs oom after about 6 or 7 nukes..and he's full T5 with some T6 so maybe look at that for toher classes or just lowering the mana cost for the spells?...its the T4 nuke iirc bolts of doom that does the most and is awedsome lol
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 02:43:50 am »

Tested out the new Mana Necklace and 1-shotted myself cause of the UC I was wearing increased the damage I took.

Thinking about what to do.

Maybe very low self damage with some recast time.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 03:11:29 am »

Tested out the new Mana Necklace and 1-shotted myself cause of the UC I was wearing increased the damage I took.

Thinking about what to do.

Maybe very low self damage with some recast time.

Change it to a ----- SE_CurrentHPOnce            79

Guessing you are using    -------- SE_CurrentHP               0

Which scales with UC

SE_CurrentHPOnce will only do the damage you set it to.

For example with this... could do... 100,000 Self Damage for 100,000 mana .. and it won't scale with UC.

It will just do 100k damage to you and give you 100k mana

Hope that helps

Edit

Spell ID -  10202 - Erratic Flashbacks II -- Has the correct way of doing what I posted already in it
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:21:38 am by Paldail » Logged

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 03:32:13 am »

I already put in some real low values but I'll probably change that to the new way soon.

Spells and Items are updated, just need to create recipes now hopefully before reboot.

Will post a new spell file too for after reboot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 05:22:34 am »

Lowering mana cost as Kovou suggested would be a real boon.  I see your point on creating another item for casters as it requires a bit more rabbit chasing, but dropping the mana cost and cast time of the top end nukes for Mages and Wizards would achieve the same goal.  Either way... win/win here!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 210