Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:49:17 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Cleric 3.5 (really?)  (Read 13677 times)
Demin
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:33:19 pm »

So, I have the 3.5 on my warrior.  It's a fair upgrade, with some increase in hp regen and base weapon damage (though most warrior damage comes from the anger augs).

I finally got the Cleric 3.5 and I'm.....underwhelmed.  The amount of effort required to obtain it is not anywhere near the benefit of having it.
Also, there are a couple errors:
1)  It's called Cleric epic shield, but it is a 1 hand blunt (Primary).
2)  The graphic in inventory is the same as the 1.0 epic Sprinkler, but the graphic in my Cleric's hand (i.e., someone looking at you), it looks like a shield made from a rib cage.

On to the epic itself....Yes, it gives some hp and hp/mana regen (not that I had any regen issues before), but the effect is a 2.5 second cast 10,000hp heal, with a 5 minute recast. 
From the picture that was posted on this website's main page, it's basically the same as the epic 4.0, except epic 4 heals for 100,000. 

I dunno....All I can say is, I won't be getting any more epic 3.5s for casters.  It seems like the only real benefit is giving it to DPS classes (Monk, Ranger, Rogue).
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:23:07 pm »

That's what happens when 90% of the content is created through copy and paste + lack of "give a damn."

Once again proving a content manager would help this server IMMENSELY.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:56:13 pm »

folks, Hunter and Basher try their best.
They often bring in content that others create etc, the problem is that only Hunter/basher have the direction for the epics so its hard for others to offer code on what could be tried.

I think if you came up with the dbase update of say 50% of the difference in stats between the 4.0's and the 3.0's it would be a good balance.

We definately could use some content providers for sure, but, i dont believe it would save any time on development since reviewing the content would likely take as mush time as pluggin in the content itself.

Maybe Hunter could consider this again along with a much needed set of GM <guides> to deal with newbs/drama.
Im sure with a few guides this would lessen the burden on the GM so he can focus on content.
♫§µÄdÖBlÖÖd♫
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 01:08:48 am »

I am not quite certain why you are so concerned about the epic 3.5 for clerics -- Yes the clicky might be a little far-fetched but instead of using the Qvic Mace you now have something that is actually viable for use in the T3+ content. Instead of having only 300HP on the weapon you're sitting at closer to what 10k? I think I saw the 4.0 with 25k or something like that but point being. Even if the clicky is not that great the over all stats are an improvement IMO.

Not saying I am right nor wrong. Just stating that it's not all bad.
Demin
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 07:12:06 am »

Ieawenpo,

When threads like this are posted, why do people always feel the need to jump in and defend Hunter as if I were attacking him and his server?  I really enjoy EZ and I'm glad Hunter takes the time to run it and improve it.

My point is simply this:  if there is going to be an added layer of "progression", then that layer should actually progress me in an effort vs reward manner. As it stands, the 3.5 epics don't do a whole lot to help me get a 4.0. I mean, the warrior one that I mentioned doesn't really change my effectiveness. An extra couple k of hit points and some base weapon damage is barely noticeable. Like I mentioned, warrior damage comes from anger augs procing, not base weapon damage stat. Now, I'f the warrior 3.5 had either the epic stonewall clicky, or a 3rd aug slot, that would be a big deal (the warrior epic 4 has both of those and about an extra 10k hps). I'm not asking for exactly the 4.0 stats and effects, but at least move it in that direction.

I would love it if I had to really think about who is getting that next book.  If cleric 3.5 gave 500 or 600% amplify healing vs the 400 it is now, THAT would make me think....if the warrior had an extra aug slot or epic stonewall...THAT would make me think.  If the paladin proc wasn't exactly the same as the 3.0 version, THAT would make me think.  Right now, though?  I might get one for the monk for some added dps and be done with it. I mean, the bard 3.5 and 4.0 don't even improve the instrument modifier...why would I get that?    
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 11:28:48 am »

I don't think you have to worry about Hunter stopping, considering this is a good cash cow. We are providing him with as much of a service (some might say service that really counts $) as he is providing us. Just pointing that out.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 12:44:05 pm »

^

truth
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 02:33:39 pm »

I don't think the original poster was trying to bash (yes Im aware there is a pun in there) Hunter and Basher. Just pointing out something I tend to agree with.

The change to add 3.5 added a pretty significant time investment to getting to 4.0. The drop rate on 3.5 pages is pretty low and Shadow has a @$$ load of hpts.

The effects on the 3.5, which lets face it are the most significant thing usually with the epics, don't really do much more than the 3.0s and in many cases are the exact same.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Yasuka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 12:35:55 pm »

About the 3.5 clicky...is it affected by 3.0 buff and focus?

Yasuka - Warrior
Wraithverge - Cleric (yes, this is my main, a *main* cleric!)
Soyon - Paladin
Biribiri - Ranger
Demin
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 01:17:07 pm »

About the 3.5 clicky...is it affected by 3.0 buff and focus?

Yes.
Rocco

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 02:50:20 pm »

I have noticed after the graphics were altered a lot of the epics switched weapon types, but the names remained the same. I would definitely like to see the final polish and have the names updated to match the current graphic.

Vadeem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 03:57:06 pm »

Trying to understand is the 3.0 400% healing increase buff on the 3.5 and 4.0 1hb and then it also has the other effect described in this thread or do you lose the 3.0 click buff unless you go back and get another one (3.0)?

kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 05:00:48 pm »

you lose the buff on the 3.5

you have to redo a 3.0 for the 400% healing clicky
Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 08:36:13 pm »

Cleric needs 3 epics

1 for 2.5 healing from inventory
2 for 3.0 shield
3 for 1hb 3.5

maybe more with 4.0, what do i know.

Bitch please.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 08:39:52 pm »

and refresh on 3.5 seems a little whacky..
but meh..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992