Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:49:37 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Post-T10 Grocery List! 12-2-15  (Read 66529 times)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2015, 08:31:10 am »

hate will have to go and adjust the damage of mobs. he already knows this
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2015, 09:05:39 am »

Screw bears, they're too big.

Form of the Killer Koala!!!!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 10:54:14 am »

Here is what I am seeing in t10;

When it first went in I just brought my t9 raid as is and killed the first 250 mobs on my orc kill list...

I probably died 500 times in doing this..

So I looked back at my benched toons and activated a cleric that was t5

it took me a couple of weeks to get him into t10 (t8 was being a pita on cleric gear)

So i think I have a handle on it my raid now looks like this

1. war
2. shammy
3. rogue
4. pally
5. cleric
6. zerk

7. zerk
8. cleric<----this was a mage
9. chanter
10. druid
11. monk
12. wizzy

So I roll into t10 and well....um.. its better.. my second dps group is not getting pawned so much...but... still having problems with pulls over 7 mobs in orc camp.

sooo... I swap the cleric in #8 with the zerk in #6 and I adjust some of my buff/pull keys... I also kill the chanter pet because desync on the chanter and I end up targeting his pet and watching my toons chase it around and around trying to /stick to it..

so now no pets..pally, druid, 2 clerics healing the crap out of my groups.... I can handle big pulls! like the center huts at the orc camp with the jug and his buddies......

of course now my dps group is getting owned again...../sigh   

I think I will remake the keys and leave the second cleric in the second group and just make him a single target healer on the tank...then he can aoe heal some of the time....

all in all its fun.....

looking forward to getting past the 500 kills part and onto some gear maybe

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 11:11:06 am »

Wrong thread  Balidet !

Wizards:

Options are limited to Fire or Cold. Cold cast time is higher with less mana. Fire cast time is lower with more mana more dmg.

Ive been clicking the hell out of my mana neck which goes back to the "Less attention" that melee are on the server. It's a PITA to keep going back after 2 mobs and clicking him back to full mana.

Suggestions:
 - Fire mana cost needs to be dropped by 50% - add a small fire DoT that next cast allows 50% more dmg with fire dmg -
 - Cold DMG - Do the same thing as fire - 5% less dmg - less chance to resist spell
 - Add 1 VERY HIGH - Very Aggro-able - DD spell - like 15 million DD. So when you cast it, you have a 50/50 chance of pulling aggro.

Add a different AOE - magic based - 5 waves of dmg 500k per wave with a 1% chance to proc a 10 million, 2 sec DoT on that target (5 mil per tick). Mana cost should be around 200K with a 10 second recast. No limit of mobs it can hit.

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2015, 12:17:53 pm »

Add a different AOE - magic based - 5 waves of dmg 500k per wave with a 1% chance to proc a 10 million, 2 sec DoT on that target (5 mil per tick). Mana cost should be around 200K with a 10 second recast. No limit of mobs it can hit.

That would not in any way make them Op at lower tiers:)

As the owner of a t10 wizzy lets do it!

and to Kruc...

I agree and my next step is most likely going to be another paladin..

I keep hoping to get over the hump until I can start gearing but at the moment its just not happening... Or I just may SOA all my Melee and see if that helps.../sigh
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:20:36 pm by balidet » Logged

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2015, 12:24:57 pm »

It clearly would be in t8 or t9 b4 i can get it man  Grin

Keeze
Stikkan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2015, 04:49:36 pm »

Ever since I saw Earring of Brutal Ages Rk. 50, I thought... pass.  Then, I got UW and realized the benefit now that I actually dealt decent physical damage for my tier.  So been investing in it, rk25 earring during this post, and just keep coming back to the same conclusion that its a bit lackluster except for the huge factor of 200% bonus to physical damage.
I'd like to see more resists on it than I could get with any other earring an a decent aug.  Too high resist wouldn't make sense, while resists on brutal earring being at least equivalent to rk10 resist aug in a t9 earring definitely does make sense, so at least HR 200 with such a costly item.
The other stat issue on it I keep noticing is that the attack boost is huge, 1000 rk50.  1000 points towards a stat that doesn't increase past cap without heroic stats, at least on my screen.  Raising attack cap makes this useful, otherwise some heroic stats in place of this maybe.
Since its already hella expensive, can we just scale its current max rank to t10?  Assuming there is going to be an overall stat boost (mainly hp/ac) to it for new content.  Otherwise, I feel like it can definitely use the boost in some way.
Any boost in the stats for this item also encourages players to build it early instead of waiting for complete/nearly complete rings.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:12:02 pm by Stikkan » Logged
Stikkan

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 06:33:10 pm »

Some more ideas on UW.  I heard from Kruciel that anyone using all/all UWs won't crit if you equip weapon types that aren't normally supported by your class.  Something to do with a coding change by eqemu.  For example, monk using 2hs uw won't crit because monks are not coded for slashing.  Unfortunately for monks, using h2h uw still doesn't match non crit 2h uw damage.
So some ideas for this are a 2hb uw (like current staff) that had matching phys dmg and spell proc dmg to 2hs.  Or huge boost to h2h uw to compensate for having low phys dmg weapon in offhand.  Personally, unless the phys dmg went up to near 2h level I'd still prefer using 2h uw.
Also to further improve casters and bst (maybe), a UW that specifically benefitted pet classes or modifiers to pets like pet focus added to uws.  If uw for pet class, can add to proc that gives pets bonus aoe dmg, proc dmg, etc.  I know 3 pet classes can already equip uw on pets with summoner's bag, a proc however adds more, making up for gimpiness of some pets.  If also using pet user uw, perhaps making it so putting item gotten from shuffling uws at master essence dude can be turned into 2 uws for dual wield pets once placed in magic box (could also make different versions that you pick by putting in box with item bought for crafter's merchant at no cost).  Then, just recombine both weapons in box to get item for uw shuffling to change weapon.  With different benefits on each weapon, so that primary can still apply to character while primary and offhand can be given to pet.  Tons of options to adjust pet classes like this.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:38:04 pm by Stikkan » Logged
brixu

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2015, 10:44:05 pm »

I'd love to see tacvi return, it was awesome in its day and cazic thule is pretty lame
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2015, 06:09:34 am »

I'd love to see tacvi return, it was awesome in its day and cazic thule is pretty lame

Yes it was fun but too easy to bot. Hit boss all bosses come. Loot. Next instance. Repeat. Wheres the fun in that?

I would love to see the original planes turned into a special zone. Fear could be caster gear. Hate could be melee gear. Air could be accessories.

Keeze
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2015, 07:49:10 am »

Yes it was fun but too easy to bot. Hit boss all bosses come. Loot. Next instance. Repeat. Wheres the fun in that?

That's sort of true, but CT is pretty much universally hated.  Tacvi was challenging when you were appropriately geared for the zone, but nicely easier when you were well past it but had to back farm.

I would love to see the original planes turned into a special zone. Fear could be caster gear. Hate could be melee gear. Air could be accessories.

I'd love to see either the original planes or PoP zones used more, those are some of my favorites, but I understand they aren't as fancy/large/in depth/whatever as some of the zones from newer expansions.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2015, 08:25:44 am »

CT could have been cooler if it had been adapted - instead of having ALL mobs drop the pieces resulting in a kill-whatever-you-see-as-quickly-as-possible. If it had required the spawn mechanics native to that zone to spawn bosses... or the gorilla boss of the THRONE ROOM drops legs, the AVATAR OF FEAR drops chest, the EYE thing on top of the pyramid drops arms, random mobs drop accessories, etc...

But yeah I like old zones Smiley I also liked Tacvi, but it really only works when it's top tier. Once you're WAY overgeared for it, it's just silly to have a boss-only zone. When it was tough though it was sweet.

PoTime was also super fun when the bosses are hard.

FG, CG, and EoN use old zones though, and it's pretty cool - except when you're doing it for the 15th time. But even then, you just gotta sigh and say "hey, I'm camping Froglok Executioner, it could be worse"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:11:38 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Kemaal

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2015, 08:27:21 am »

I'd love to see either the original planes or PoP zones used more, those are some of my favorites, but I understand they aren't as fancy/large/in depth/whatever as some of the zones from newer expansions.

I second this 100000000 times. PoP raiding is where my fondest memories of retail EQ are from.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2015, 11:17:07 am »

I don't like that we are using these MASSIVE zones for the new tiers.... its hard to box and does not add to the fun...does anyone feel that t7 is the best zone? I don't think so...

smaller zones please..Smiley

the comments about the older zones...even pop zones....yes..1------00000x yes.... so much awesomeness that could be even with the original launch zones

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2015, 11:17:53 am »

I don't like that we are using these MASSIVE zones for the new tiers.... its hard to box and does not add to the fun...does anyone feel that t7 is the best zone? I don't think so...

smaller zones please..Smiley

the comments about the older zones...even pop zones....yes..1------00000x yes.... so much awesomeness that could be even with the original launch zones

ToV was sweet - and used a original zone (well Velious, but still)

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988