Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:54:05 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 347077 times)
darkstallion69

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2011, 12:25:46 pm »

I would like to say that I totally understand where you guys are coming from, I just totally had a brain fart and reread the rules. lol forgot about those rules :/
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2011, 01:34:55 am »

If someone wants to be a completely racist ass, they can keep it in guild chat.
once its in OOC, it becomes subject to the server rules which mentioned previously, all were broken.
Not to mention, even if it were amusing, It makes the server as a whole look bad to new players
When I came here, I didn't see that kinda chat for a good long while (or at least never noticed it)
Not til i was already invested into the server did I see it, thus the creation of this thread
So yeah, imagine if you had kids who wanted to "watch mommy or daddy play games" and bam, all this poppin up on your screen
New players are the same, if they see people acting like idiots in OOC they'll either not give the server a chance, or end up like them thinking its acceptable here.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2011, 08:27:49 am »

I turned off OOC a long time ago because it was a lot like "Barrens Chat"...

I am not saying I think people should be able to say what they want in public channels.  What I am saying is that if you have a young child who "likes to watch mommy or daddy play games" I think that ALL of the responsibility to keep that activity safe and enjoyable falls on YOU.  Turn off public chat channels on your client and you never need to worry about the morons.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2011, 04:34:33 pm »

I don't think anyone should have to turn off ooc to shield themselves or their kids from someone wanting to be an idiot. I have no kids. I don't want to put up with that crap in ooc and per the rules I don't have to.  Part of playing an MMORPG is the online community. Turning off ooc partially defeats that.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2011, 04:56:03 pm »

This isn't 'Nam, there are rules.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 18, 2011, 06:55:16 pm »

I am not saying you should have to turn off OOC.  What I am saying is that parents have to take responsibility for what their kids see/hear/experience.  If there is a chance that someone will go postal in OOC it is entirely the parents responsibility to prevent their kids from seeing it...

Now, that being said, I appreciate the banning of these social outcasts as much as the next person.  I just don't want people letting their kids watch the chat hoping that nobody will break the rules and complaining that their kids are getting hurt when someone does...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 18, 2011, 07:00:51 pm »

You could argue that actively policing the OOC and advocating for a strict OOC language policy be enforced is their way of ensuring that their kids are not exposed to filthy language.  I'm just saying that if your argument is against the parents not doing enough, then don't disregard that the parents who are voicing their opinion aren't doing just what you are suggesting they should do.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 18, 2011, 07:06:26 pm »

Its not just the kids, it was an example
For good social order, don't be an ass in OOC. Period
There isn't really a gray area here. You're either following the rules or you are not.
If you are not, then expect repercussions and to be highlighted by people in the community

*note to all* I have a tendency to come off as attacking specific people, This is completely unintentional unless I am specifically using your name and talking at you =p
So don't get offended or think I'm talking about you please

darkstallion69

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2011, 08:07:44 pm »

is that offensive? if so..... you know what to do.
TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2011, 08:27:09 pm »

That's not offensive, that's just an advertisement...  Roll Eyes
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2011, 11:23:30 pm »

Saw so many horribly bad names since i've come back. Figured I'd give it a week before i start blowing up a thread somewhere. Wish i could change the name of this one to something like "People who need to be Banned/ Name Nerfed"

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2011, 01:07:10 pm »

Why is it everytime, and i mean everytime, i see Xiggie, walk2k or Reed's (and im sorry if im forgetting others offhand) post's, that I smile ear to ear, because you guys are so right on 90% of the time. Even if it is pertaining ot me and i dont like what i read, I know after a few min, you are right.

I love seeing "this isn't NAM, we have rules" lmfao i really am when i read it. Yeah, the rules we have are there for a reason. Notch up every comment about cussing and totally tasteless convo in ooc. It gets incresasingly old, the more we see it.

And I do know for a fact, it is not, the old school players that are 30-50 yrs old. Now i sound like Rostam, omfg i do lol. But its true, i can almost put all i have on the fact that the ones doing sick obsenities in ooc are juvenial in age, or in mind.

It jsut makes the place as  a whole alot more enjoyable guys/gals, when we dont have to be forced to watch what you feel is an awesome rap or sick joke.
-Lightblade

Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2011, 02:57:33 pm »

well i have a character that i've had forever and it's name is Orgasmic, but if I got to choose the name i'd be ok with something else Wink

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2011, 04:10:44 pm »

Depends on who takes action first really. If Hunter finds ya online, GD mat just ninja change your name. If you email him saying something like "hey, mind changing char X name to soandso?" He would likely see you trying to uphold the rules he has in place, and give you what you request.

ezlife

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2011, 04:30:09 pm »

im in ldon6 instance1 and i do a /zone check and see belland,kervak and geotrey so figure its just us 4 should be some mobs to share but there is nothing up? i then see belland pulling whole zone as it repops..rinse and repeat 3 times.he`s was pulling everything from named1 to named2 so figure im here he will stop but he doesnt. i give him a nice tell saying he had  pulled a little more then the 10mob rule. he comes back at me that im trainbing him trying to get him on fraps to ban him.
im like ok whatever. he then keeps going on that it was my trains and i follow him with fraps all the time just to ban him.
now im a war with duel 4.0 and firestrikes if i ran a train #1 the mobs would be hitting me not him,2nd if a swing my swords even 1x agro is all over me and i would probly drop 1/2 the train.
he says he has me on fraps but i have the ss i took of him.its people like him that need to get banned.i try and just give him a heads up cause the whole zone is a bit much to be pulling and he comes back with that bs.

post your fraps belland ide love to see me training the whole zone on you. im posting mine

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 252