Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:32:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Svartmane  (Read 37879 times)
huffdady

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2015, 01:57:26 pm »

I think there is something wrong with her/his/it's spawning.
For a week straight now I have been doing nothing clearing the bats on the 7th floor of ToFS.
I started with about 15,000 aa'a, now I am at 23,100.  With an average of 32 AA's per run, that is about 253 runs.  I have killed Tserrina about 40 times and haven't seen Svartmane yet.  I don't just rely on the /tar sv, I actually run hall and make sure she/he/it isn't there.    I am not opposed to farming things.  I have been through T5 different times and geared many toons all the way up to T8, but seems REALLY extreme. 
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 02:12:50 pm »

burn the zone

change the game

we need 1,348,432,123 new lines of code, hand written, scanned then re-written and put into effect....NOW!

burn the witches

burn the ducks

burn the world

anyone got matches?

goats, lots of goats

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 02:48:52 pm »

I've farmed him to the point of having 18 toons above 4k resist, just keep poundin away  Grin he is a butthead sometimes. I've seen two people selling Master Essence loot rights in the past week, so he's definitely spawning.
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 02:54:44 pm »

This so over the top of being a butt head it's not funny.

I honestly think T5 100 named mob takes less time.   
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 03:02:14 pm »

I have killed Tserrina about 40 times and haven't seen Svartmane yet.

But thats actually within the realm of normality for the spawn rate, if you get bad rng. Tserinna is, according to the number Hunter stated, about a 5% (1 in 20) chance of spawn from a trigger bat. Honestly I dont think thats changed. If so, not noticeably. Svart was, again, per Hunter's old claimed numbers, 1 in 20 from Tserinna. With a bad run of RNG the numbers suck, yeah, but its what it is.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 03:10:35 pm »

Another 2.5 hours of farming that floor, keeping 3 instances empty, only saw 3 TS's and 0 Svartmane.  I guess I am just fooked. 
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 03:18:09 pm »

The only way I kept my sanity while farming him was to just pretend he doesn't exist, and get in the mindset you're just there to farm resist stones. Try it!

But for real, I only had him go past 40 Tserennia's one time, and it sucked... So I feel ya  Sad
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 05:32:22 pm »

i hit 60 on my last run and some awesome person spawned him for me in about 2hours...

I had been in tofs so long i stopped looting or caring...

I can see this taking a day or 2... but a week? 2 weeks? ugh that is just soul destroying...and for the caliber of people who are farming this its beyond boring...

I would almost like to see this changed to a reward from berries or the like from the minis... i know some people will object but we could have svart still drop them or you can buy them for xxx berries ....options are not bad right?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:41:36 pm by balidet » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 05:58:56 pm »

It's when you finally get numb and completely forget he can spawn that he will...eventually....spawn.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 04:37:32 am »

Building up resists while doing this really isn't that much extra time with the new recipes hate added. Just pick a toon, swap the magic box to his first bag slot so the stones automatically get dropped into it, and every time you loot 8 of em, mash combine and you poop out rank 10 stones every few runs.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 04:42:28 am »

Also, whichever toon you decide to work on, making this button helps so you don't have to loot the corpses from the previous run again after zoning.

/bct toon //hidec all
/bct toon //hidec looted
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 05:05:49 am »

I have probably farmed over 30 master essences at various times, some I sold, some I gave away, most I used.

at times I thought that he did not exist, but he does.

it was never meant to be an easy farm, the item was meant to be rare. With that being said though, one time I zoned in, got set up and on the first pull spawned T and she spawned him, so /shrug

as I said above though, more goats and of course burn everything

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 10:24:38 pm »

This is beyond stupid, another 7 1/2 hours of farming, very few T's (like 3 or 4), still 0 svartmanes.  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:41:48 pm by huffdady » Logged
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 08:49:42 am »

This one time during a DL weekend... I thought, "I'll go screw around in floor 7 for second". Got a Tserrina on my second bat, and spawned Svartmane - with 2 master essences

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 10:13:49 pm »

I hate you so much.........    LoL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members