Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 03:44:21 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: UW and SoA Recipes  (Read 60249 times)
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 11:10:01 am »

Yay! another change after all the heavy hitters get their stuff, screw everyone else.  lol

may as well take out the pvp zones now too since no one without a uw will ever be able to get anything in there without getting smashed by one of the uw players.  more credits/loot for the heavy hitters!

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 11:21:07 am »

Can anyone please post a sample recipe for a SoA and UW upgrade for those of us at work right now?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 11:39:20 am »

SoA is same as before, but add Essence of Norath (all the ores used for the SoA mold), for new SoA recipe (per level).

UW recipe is same as before, minus the vendor magical blue diamond ore, but add essence of plat (10 mil) and ToFS essence. Also for UW SLS went from 4 to 5.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 12:02:26 pm »

SoA is same as before, but add Essence of Norath (all the ores used for the SoA mold), for new SoA recipe (per level).

UW recipe is same as before, minus the vendor magical blue diamond ore, but add essence of plat (10 mil) and ToFS essence. Also for UW SLS went from 4 to 5.

Thanks!

Gonna pass on SoA upgrades for a long time. It isn't maxed out, but it has the highest parry % and stonewall available to me. That mold quest is the worst! Less fun than farming points in LDoN 4  back in the day even.

Feel very sorry for people who have to farm SoA from scratch now.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 12:10:53 pm »

It would make sense to make it required for every 5th combine because you are moving up an essence class. Every single combine is horrible change.

Keeze
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 12:15:07 pm »

It would make sense to make it required for every 5th combine because you are moving up an essence class. Every single combine is horrible change.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Make the level ups that increases stonewall and parry % a 'hell level'.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2013, 12:16:43 pm »

She isn't immune to magic or procs, she just has very high resists.
I'm not really sure the point of your post, but I have never seen an dps Aug, UW proc, or uw click land on her.

The point of the post is that you stated that she is totally immune to any type of magic, I'm simply pointing out the fact that she's not immune and just has very high resists.  If I get bored enough today to go spawn her, I can post a screenshot of strikes landing on her if you like.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2013, 02:02:21 pm »

The overall point is unless you shave an uw you will be hitting her for an hour... thus making an uw req. AND you can't get it without essences from a mob clone.

Keeze
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2013, 02:27:42 pm »

Right and the point of mine was stating she isn't going to die to a non UW wielding party. Even if 1 in 50 procs land on her, you aren't going to have a cleric or paladin meleeing her for heal procs. They'd each die 20 times over before getting a heal off from her multiple rampages. I'd actually be impressed if you managed to keep a group of melee dps alive in melee range aside from the warrior. I'm not sure I could pull it off, but even if I could it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Her high resists basically put my warrior doing 98% of the damage anyhow. Furthermore, svartmane is even harder to pull off, being that he is tethered to the large trap he spawns on top of. I was fighting him an inch away from it the whole 20 minutes. You get multiple trash respawns hitting you in the back because the fight takes so long. So you have to maneuver around to reposition the bat to kill it while not getting hit in the back, all the while worried about not pulling svartmane too far from said trap and resetting him.  I accidentally tapped the trap once while trying to pull this off, causing my stonewall to be dispelled, taking 1,000,000 damage from the trap and getting quadded by the bat for another 1,500,000 damage. I don't see any non-UW party doing this.

I'm not sure if those reading my posts are seeing me come off as a QQing faggot but that's not the case. Truth is, there are only about 10 people that can provide honest feedback on this change. Truth be told I couldn't care less, I already finished my UW and SoA and t8 and had tons of fun doing it. I don't really have the drive to roa farm like fugi, xigg, dimur, and Danish so I'm kinda taking a break for now.
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2013, 02:32:30 pm »

rampage was removed poop butt
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2013, 02:40:10 pm »

Maybe Hunter wants us to band together to kill the ToFS boss rather than do everything solo. Almost every MMO has a weapon that requires a bunch of people to work together to gear one player. Like the original epics in EQ or the legendary weapons in WoW.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2013, 03:10:13 pm »

Maybe Hunter wants us to band together to kill the ToFS boss rather than do everything solo. Almost every MMO has a weapon that requires a bunch of people to work together to gear one player. Like the original epics in EQ or the legendary weapons in WoW.

Highly doubt this, Hunter has seen what happens when you get everyone from the server, or large amounts from the server over to one zone to kill one boss. It is a huge lag fest. The point is just to make it rare.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2013, 03:22:05 pm »

I see the need to make the UW more diffucult but i am not here to arguee that fact. However, the SoA has been on the server for over a year and adding another requirement per rank is over accessive. Hunter you were just talking the other day about how WoT is making you grind out and you now know how it feels. Take this into consideration you just added an extra hour  per rank for an item that already times time as is adding this much more time after a year of being on the server is beyond ridiciouls. I agree every 5 ranks would add a bit more time involded.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2013, 04:16:31 pm »

Essence of Frozen Shadow needs to be a rare drop off any tier named in ToFS if this is the route you are going to go or else it is going to short dick everyone starting this quest....I agree that maybe making UW tier based as the best bet to fix...but hey nice way to gather community opinion before rolling out a major change! Here is your gold star.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2013, 04:19:33 pm »

My favorite way of making things "rarer" is just to cut the drop rate, but put it in an accessible area and make the combines no-drop.

Farming charms in LDoN "sucked" and made UC's pretty damn hard to come by not because of the difficulty of the mobs, but because of the rarity of the drop. On the upswing though, when you finally got one after two hours of a bad streak, it was like hitting the freaking lottery; I still get a tinge of excitement when I see the sorc charm icon.

UWs probably fired off the way they did because they were very progression based and made from droppable components. Couple that with how easy plat is to come by these days and UWs are extremely feasible if you can find people willing to sell the components. UCs used to be rare because they were optional and farming them did not contribute at all to your progression (unless you're working on your 2.0). Furthermore, components were all no-drop. You really had to go back and just grind it out if you wanted it, hoping it would make it easier to break new content.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 211