Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:39:49 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Charm Quest – a guide.  (Read 47993 times)
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 10:12:51 pm »

Could you use a Druid in LDON six for the succor and the Regen? It might help keep your warrior's health up so you could kill more. 

I think a druid would be a really creative variation Smiley

When you actually put a UC on your druid - it'll have to stand at crossroads to loot while your warrior kills.  This is mainly for the speed of the clear - the faster you can pull to crossroads where the druid loots the better Smiley

Good luck my friend Smiley
Strix

Abattoir

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 09:28:45 am »

Are you not doing "/hidecorpse looted"?

The corpse vanishes immediately when you exit it.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 09:44:03 am »

I noticed that SoD is much slower at looting than Titanium, due to corpse decay time.

Hey, maybe we should design an proposal for a new item that requires a quest and has a clickie (10-min cooldown or something) that will aggro the whole zone, like the GM command but with a really low aggro pull so it doesn't cause any kill stealing.

No will be abused some how.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Smasht

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 01:48:34 pm »

Very nice write up but it does need some tweaking.  Xiggie's method is the same one I use, I tried the whole ldon 6 thing for a while but I'd end up getting 3 charms in an hour then none for 5 hours often. 

Ldon 4 is much more consistent.  I just clear zone back and forth and average about 2700 points an hour and an oracle every 1-2 hours.  So I'd suggest staying in ldon 4 and buying all but oracle charms, for me I ended up with a level 25 oracle about the same time I was finishing all my other charms from points.

I was surprised you found the hoh portion more difficult or tedious.  I've always thought I would rather the UC require 200 of each charm as long as they all dropped from hoh.  I also disagree you'll be losing money doing hoh instances, going from all 25s to all 50s on my warrior in hoh pub when it was up then guild instance, then group instances while checking between for pub to be back up I made alot of pp.  I never took out of my bank to buy instances, just did some math and figured out how many gems I'd need to sell to get 10k and sold just them, while keeping all my remaining gems and I ended up with over 450k in gems when I was done.

Also I find it easier to "ring" back to hoh pub when you reach the hate ramp, if you make a new instance there whichever toon zones first might be killed by the partol before the rest of your party gets there.

I also disagree with whoever said guardians and brawlers drop less than others, my first hoh was growing evenly til all my charms were 38, then before i knew it I had a level 50 guardian and all my other charms were 39 and 40.  Then on my second UC I had all charms at level 25 and when my guardian was 50 my sorc was only 31 but that also netted me alot of pp, selling guardian upgrades got me over 900k before I finished my sorc charm.  Didn't mean for this post to be so long so I'll stop making it longer =)
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 06:51:26 pm »

Hi Smasht

Thanks for the feedback – I liked reading your whole perspective the quest.  It’s great to see vets wade in to help tweak the guide.

I think my dislike of HoH comes from the zoning.  I live a long way from the server and my ping times are often around the 350 – 600.  Loading can take a LONG time for me.

Ok – so I think I’ll make the following adjustments to the guide:

1.  I’m going to move Xiggie’s method to the top and Strix’s method to the bottom.  I appreciate not everyone likes to box a bunch of mages in doing LDON 6.  I also hear what you’re saying about getting 3 in an hour and then none in 5.  I found that instance versions seemed to do that more than public versions (not sure why).  

2.  Removing the line about losing money on the HoH part.  Not sure why I wrote that – might have been something in the editing I missed.

3.  Adding using a ring to get back to entrance in HoH.  Great point about the potential of dying after you rezone.

Cheesy

I also disagree with whoever said guardians and brawlers drop less than others, my first hoh was growing evenly til all my charms were 38, then before i knew it I had a level 50 guardian and all my other charms were 39 and 40.  Then on my second UC I had all charms at level 25 and when my guardian was 50 my sorc was only 31 but that also netted me alot of pp, selling guardian upgrades got me over 900k before I finished my sorc charm.  

That’s interesting – in all the UCs I’ve done my Sorcerers and Oracles came in first.  

Cheers
Strix
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:29:16 pm by Strix » Logged

Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 10:59:19 pm »

I also hear what you’re saying about getting 3 in an hour and then none in 5.  I found that instance versions seemed to do that more than public versions (not sure why). 

Don't take this the wrong way, but I may have misunderstood this from your English (Like I said don't take that the wrong way. The guide itself was GREAT)

If I read that right, and you're saying that instances cause more of a charm drought then public, I'd like to disprove that theory.

It took me ~30 hours to loot up enough coins / charms in just instanced ldon4 to get all my charms to 25. Not to mention when I decided to get my pally's charm up a bit more from lvl 1, from 2-11 took about 6 hours, and 12-21 a crazy 2 hours.

Basicly what I want to say on that, is public or instanced you're still fighting RNG. Sometimes it's win sometimes it's utter fail. But RNG seems to like me in ldon.....if I could just get that same luck in HoH now lol.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 11:54:28 pm »

I also hear what you’re saying about getting 3 in an hour and then none in 5.  I found that instance versions seemed to do that more than public versions (not sure why). 

Don't take this the wrong way, but I may have misunderstood this from your English (Like I said don't take that the wrong way. The guide itself was GREAT)

Yes, it's probably a bit hard to understand if you're not reading it in relation to Smasht's post.  I probably should have quoted him to make that clearer Smiley

If I read that right, and you're saying that instances cause more of a charm drought then public, I'd like to disprove that theory.

Cool Smiley

Side note to the thinking on this.  The whole instance system is quite complicated.  Instances are all linked in some strange ways.  Tikki's spawning in T1 and T2 based on the creation of other instances is a good example.  Technically, the creation of an instance shouldn't really have anything to do with the other instances but it does.  My thinking on the "drought" of charms in instances (from time to time) comes from this. 

I hope you're right though and it's just the RNG battle Smiley

Cheers
Strix

Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 12:04:03 am »

Yeah I just reread Smasht's post. He was talking about ldon 6 heh.

I've had horrible luck with charms there. I've prolly done 10ish 2.0 page runs, and while clearing all that in ldon6 I haven't seen 1 charm drop, and yes that actually encompasses a large number of mobs.
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 01:01:52 pm »

My personal experience on the first UC was that LDON 5 provided the best returns, with LDON 2 and 4 tied for 2nd, LDON 6 in 4th.  I'll be first to say my testing was limited and could easily have been skewed by excessive drops on 5 during the test.  That being said, the armor card drops on 5 added up rapidly with the tokens.

My strategy using a solo SK* (4.0 / 4.5, T4/T5) was brain dead simple... Kill everything on 5, loot and sell everything for points and upgrades other than sorcer. I ended up looting my sorcer 25 upgrade before I finished my brawler 25 so I had to finish off on LDON 2.  Skeezy spent 146,000 LDON credits on purchasing 73 upgrades to get his UC.

The HoH portion was a lot of helping others finish their UC's and catching the rot, running around soloing Heavens (The easiest ones to kill, as well as best loots.) and popping instances.  Starting out I was just barely strong enough to clear Heavens before respawn.  I did not find it terribly expensive to finish the last 25 or so charm upgrades via re-popping guild instances.  (I tend to avoid group instances after many issues with them.)

For subsequent UC's things are much easier.  I *hate* LDON.  I would have a ton of alts if they didn't have to each go through there!  Cheesy  So the cleric and pally grew their UC's off chasing Shadow.  The Cleric spent 20,000 LDON credits for his UC.  The Paladin spent 0.  I'm tickled pink this option exists and exercise it actively! 

I would like to see a similar option for those that do not care for HoH.  Make it take longer, like doing v1's off Shadow hunting, but give folks a choice of hunting environments.

* By solo I'm saying I am playing only that one toon.  In LDON contexts that is completely accurate.  In the HoH context it holds the same meaning, me playing one toon and killing stuff alone, but also includes work with groups where I am playing a single toon.  I don't want to suggest I entirely soloed my first UC; while an SK could do that, it would take forever!!!! Cheesy  Shucks, as it was it took a long while and didn't finish till a double loot weekend hit! Wink

Excellent write up and edits, thanks folks!

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Lihom The Butthead Cleric(tm)
Punkadin Trollpet
Slab O Meat
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 05:12:28 am »

Thanks for your input Skeezy - great perspective Smiley

Cheers
Strix

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 08:58:09 am »

Hi guys,

A question here about charms...

Some time ago I upgraded for my BST its charm V2 noobie charm for the first time with an oracle charm .   Later I read that a BST should have a brawler charm.

Can I downgrade its V2 noobie charm  or do I have to start the whole thing again, buying a new V2 and running trought the Ldon's ?

Bye,
Alrazor
Kreemo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 10:02:13 am »

I'm not sure which is best but u can't trade them so if u do want to change you have to start again

Kreemo - monk
Krusha - warrior
Grimshaw - pally
Vern - cleric
kelie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 10:31:11 am »

Sorc is best for all classes except Pally/Cleric
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 11:45:26 pm »

Just throwing this out there. May want to add in may post and what-not. Good work btw

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1461.0

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 10:54:03 pm »

Just throwing this out there. May want to add in may post and what-not. Good work btw

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1461.0

-Hate

Thanks Hate - moving this link into the body on the first page.

Strix

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053