Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:35:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 90
Print
Author Topic: Broken Stuff Repair Shop v2.0  (Read 584310 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: October 09, 2016, 09:49:52 am »

The only time I use my casters is for EoN.....I have them bound at spawn points that are a pita to get to.  I have also noticed that necks don't proc pet buff First Mate's Gift like they use to....but with t10 mage/chanter spells it doesnt take but a second to kill the named anyway....I prefer using mellee in main groups because cloth toons die too quickly in t10 anyway...but they are GREAT for making some EoN pretty quickly

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1126 on: October 09, 2016, 11:58:11 am »

Mage would not proc. Over 60+ casts on surefall dummy and hoh mobs(1shot kills). On both the mage and enchanter i had to use neck to get mana back to attempt to get 1 proc.

Can someone else test this and post their findings? If theres something that i can do to fix it id like to know.

Logged on my mage and got a proc off the stonehive dummy after 3 casts of shylo's.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 09, 2016, 12:49:32 pm »

One thing about the mana neck is that you need to be close enough to the pet or they don't get the proc buff.
Abrums

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 09, 2016, 09:25:19 pm »

Bard Song: Chorus of the Risen II
Drop Location - Loping Plains
Level Restriction 77.

Loping Plains is for level 75/76. So I have to wait until I complete ToV before I can use it?

I think this needs to be fixed.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 11, 2016, 11:35:04 am »

One thing about the mana neck is that you need to be close enough to the pet or they don't get the proc buff.
it procs on both my mage and chanter.
it doesn't proc very often, you basically have to chain-cast nukes for it to proc rarely.
it doesn't last very long at all
and the DPS is extremely disappointing.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 12, 2016, 05:41:29 pm »

Tested on all 4 classes....first mate's gift works fine, every necklace class. Used Death on necro, insanity on chanter, taelosian gift on mage and Timeless Tempest Wind on druid. All proc'd quickly.

One thing I did notice....when using the halloween pet the temp buff DID land on the pet, but I saw no proc. I summoned the druids shitty little warder (damned near worthless) and I started getting 800K procs like crazy.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 12, 2016, 05:43:10 pm »

And yep, if you want DPS from your pet class you need to work at it (cast).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 12, 2016, 07:58:33 pm »

And yep, if you want DPS from your pet class you need to work at it (cast).

Once again...a good reason to use mellee!  Grin

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 12, 2016, 09:57:08 pm »

Casting is not the issue. i tie all my attacks into 2 buttons one for ae and one for single target damage. The problem i have with the neck is it not proccing consistently. I can go from 2 to 3 casts for a proc to 20 casts. If melee strikes worked that way there would be issues.

Chain casting should be able to keep the first mate buff on your pet until every mob is dead. Atm this is not the case.

I like the casters through t8 so far but they are a much worse choice than a melee is at the moment for a progressing group. Squishier, less damage, higher upgrade costs, relies not only armor drops but spell drops aswell. Imo This cuts your initial dps options in half.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 13, 2016, 09:35:45 am »

Casting is not the issue. i tie all my attacks into 2 buttons one for ae and one for single target damage. The problem i have with the neck is it not proccing consistently. I can go from 2 to 3 casts for a proc to 20 casts. If melee strikes worked that way there would be issues.

I'm trying to find an old Zam post that this reminded me of.....and cannot. IIRC it mentioned that some proc buffs seemed to not work well with pets...and one of the replies suggested that it had to do with pet melee geometry; that they dont "approach" (for lack of a better term) the mob the same way a PC will, and because of that they are out of range for the cast. We have similar issues here with necro pets not being able to proc their tap on melee if they are too close to a wall. I solo corals in T5 with my necro because NO other class can kill em faster (no, not even my UWXI zerk or war) and I sometimes see that pet issue....though T5 corals are their own special brand of hell, and I dont really rely on the pet for damage in T5 (but then later you dont rely on pet for DPS on ANY class unless its a pet bagged UW). Unsure, just an idea.

I like the casters through t8 so far but they are a much worse choice than a melee is at the moment for a progressing group. Squishier, less damage, higher upgrade costs, relies not only armor drops but spell drops aswell. Imo This cuts your initial dps options in half.

All I can tell you is that its worth the ride. Casters later are....well, very much worth the effort. Set up your necro right and there simply IS no better AE damager on EZ (MAYBE a warrior with riposte up, but thats short time, and a non UW zerker isnt even close). Get your mage set right and even without a UW in the pet bag they do very, very steady dps. Hell, even a druid later ends up being pretty gnarly AE dps. And the bulk of the DPS on casters later is NOT from the pets. Shit, my biggest issue on my caster team is trying to find a way to keep agro off of em....they'll out agro anyone if I slack on the warrior for even a minute....especially in T10 where there IS no agro clear.

And if you're crazy enough to actually max a UW on a mage with a pet bag....well, its insane. Watching a T10 mage pet solo Thunder is kind of eye opening.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:38:41 am by Chunka » Logged

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 13, 2016, 02:11:36 pm »

let us not forget the wizard ae in t10 as well....big boom... my biggest problem is keeping my mage/chanter/wizzy/druid from going oom.....all have max necks and in some fights I have to click them a few times....

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 13, 2016, 02:35:57 pm »

I don't expect pet dps to match a fully strike-d and UC mnk/rog/rng or even war/zerk... I do expect its dps could outdo trash mobs regen, which it can't. Undecided

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 14, 2016, 02:16:26 am »

Thanks for the reply chunka. Was hoping that it could be fixed somehow. Ill work on more testing but it seems there are other issues at play.

I mean id trade damage for consistency if it were even possible. Like 90 to 100 percent uptime for a damage reduction.

But from what you said maybe i need to try and figure out if theres another way this can work. Put instant casts first in the rotation before the pet is sent in. See if that helps the initial proc rate any. I currently send in pets and melees with my backstab flying kick bash spell casts button
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 14, 2016, 11:20:00 pm »

Honestly? I'd be happier if proc damage were reduced a little and make it a guaranteed buff when you cast rather than a chance. I think this would provide consistency people are looking for without breaking whatever balance exists.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 15, 2016, 03:09:20 pm »

Pets could use a boost if you look at them alone sure..  but when you combine them with the nukeing power of the caster and the buffs they provide...I think casters have a place in any group..

I run a chanter, wizzy, nero, mage, druid, and shaman in my regular group and they all provide a huge benefit...

I really dont see this as a burning issue when you look at casters in the whole picture... but as always i reserve the right to be wrong

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 90
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 211