Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:53:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 88227 times)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 03:36:58 pm »

didn't say "nerf" T5 mobs or toughness of bosses etc.. just increase spawn rates a little.

same with bats.  I fully understand how it "works" .... it's not complicated lol. kill trash to spawn bats. trigger traps to spawn bats but mostly trash, and sometimes that trash spawns bats. kill stonedroppers to sometimes spawn bats. anything I left out?  Roll Eyes I have plenty of dps, that's not the issue. doesn't matter how fast you kill things (or spawn traps) if RNG doesn't go your way. speaking of RNG, all my toons (8 have boots and seen at least 10 boots rot. same to a lesser degree with hats and feet, meanwhile 2 toons still missing bp and legs, and 1 missing arms. again drop rates need a tweak. that's not a "nerf" to the zone or any ones above it... Roll Eyes

he asked if there's simple things they can do to make things better, just my opinion. keep in mind a lot of the things people want are complete re-works of zones that will take dozens of man hours to do. adjusting spawn rates is literally tweaking a few numbers, a few minutes fix. /JMO
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:48:15 pm by walk2k » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 04:52:51 pm »

he asked if there's simple things they can do to make things better, just my opinion.

Simplify things and making it a cake walk are two different things...t5 and t7 are a pita when they are new "as they should be" hell EVERY zone should be HARD when you first break into it, but that's just my opinion.  Cool

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 05:27:01 pm »

repopping instances is hard? lol

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 08:06:46 pm »

I think people are confusing difficulty with timesink. No one is arguing t5 is hard, just its design can use some tweeks, particularly boss spawn rates. If you are long past t5, why does it matter so much? Just sounds elitist if you ask me.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2016, 08:30:42 pm »

The only thing T5 FORCES you to learn, is how to be annoyed with perma rooted mobs under water.

Wow! I'm glad someone else pointed this out  Grin Grin.

I have no problems with how T5 is now, I bet it is much harder back then (Started June 26, 2016). It does annoy the heck out of me especially with the last 4 bosses that I need.

Though I'm slowly taking my time to gear up my toons so I can take on the zone at a much faster rate.

I say, if you could just kindly increase the spawn rate of bosses of T5 (especially for the Triggers), that would be golden!

Thank you for being open to suggestions.

- Ectheldir / Thoruz
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:33:45 pm by synthaxx_17 » Logged

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2016, 08:54:13 pm »

If you are long past t5, why does it matter so much? Just sounds elitist if you ask me.

It always does if you look at it from the wrong side. Once you get passed it, you understand: making some of these zones/tiers easier/faster doesnt do anyone ANY favors, it trivializes gameplay, allows players to conquer content that much quicker, leads to ennui and discontent sooner and overall kills the quality of the4 player base. That effects EVERYONE.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 09:16:57 pm »

So I'm confused, you got past t5 did that trivalize content for you? The server is on t10, tell me how does increasing boss spawn rate slightly on t5 (mid tier) trivialize all content? Who is asking for all content to be easier? Akk asked for ideas for new content and tweeks, and people responded. For every 9 requests for t10 content tweeks, there's maybe one request for mid tier tweeks. Wouldn't making t10 easier really trivialize content? Am I the only one on the server not on t10? I doubt it, how many players are actually in t10? I bet its a small portion (but seems the most vocal). What about everyone else, do they not count? Sounds very elitist to me, and saying that increasing t5 boss spawn rates (not HP, not DPS, not difficulty) will trivalize content doesn't make sense on a server that is up to t10 with talks t11. I can surely assure you this server will lose a lot of players solely because of t5 sinkhole.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 09:42:16 pm »

Actually, the server is pretty top heavy. A pretty large number of active players (not folks like me who log in once or twice a week) are either in T10 now or knocking on the door.

And to correct you, I am not asking to see T10 made easier. If anything I am one of the few out there saying T10 is on the right track, just needs some tweaks and fixes (and FYI, tweaks do not mean make it easier.....unless your a WoW reject). And you gotta read before ya type....I stated rather openly that it took me a while to finish T5, but that it really taught me a lot of lessons that I needed to learn later....lessons a lot of todays players ARE NOT LEARNING as well as many older players, because T5 is already FAR easier than when we cleared it.

T5 aint broke. The sheer number of people who get through it all the time prove that. It just FEELS that way while you're in it. By the time you're in T8 you almost look back at T5 as the "good old days".

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 09:44:12 pm »

And Jarred....have you played T5? I missed it if you said you had. And sorry if I seemed to pick on you, but your statement made absolutely no sense unless you just assume you looked at what I typed and decided to only read every 5th word.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:45:49 pm by Chunka » Logged

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 10:12:35 pm »

You can call me Soakked, jarrad was long ago retired. Yes I have played t5, I was just starting out t5 before I left a few years back (not on this character), and it was one of the reasons I left. Listen I dig your posts, and your value to this forum, I know I have benefited from it, but the reason you gave for not tweeking boss pop rates is that it would trivialize content. Did I mistaken your post? I know theres a learning curve and you can learn a lot from the experience but again it not a difficulty issue, its a too much of a grind issue. I have no problems with mobs, or bosses, im geared enough. How does increasing boss spawn rates (not difficulty) on t5 which is mid tier, trivialize content? Did increasing charm rate drops trivialize content, did ROA adjustment trivialize content? Did removing stones from HOH trivialize content? Did removing gems from pre-tier and tier trivialize content? No it didn't, it allowed things to run smoothly and removed unnecessary time sinks. No one is asking for ALL content to be made easier, so your statement doesnt make any sense. How can it be ok for players to ask for t10 adjustments (making things easier) and it be considered not trivializing content, but people asking for adjustments in t5 will? Seems like double standard dont you think? Wouldn't making the last tier on the server easier really trivialize content? Why is it that higher tier players have issues with t5 tweeking, but have no issues with when suggestions of adjustments being done on the tier that they are up to? Surprise surprise.

[q]just needs some tweaks and fixes (and FYI, tweaks do not mean make it easier[/q]

I agree and thats exactly the same thing im saying with t5, but somehow its different. If you read what I wrote, I stated this clearly a few times.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:31:23 am by Soakked » Logged

Pippens *Muffin Time*

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2016, 10:26:45 pm »

Im coming off sounding bitter and I am not. I enjoy the content that this server provides and appreciate the time that went into it. I also respect the older players that add their feedback. I was just adding my two cents, coming from a different perspective, one closer to what a new person would experience when joining the server. Obviously there are many players on this server with more experience than me, and maybe I am wrong. I just get annoyed when I feel like I am being singled out because I gave an opinion on something, when the whole point of the thread was to hear opinions. I might not be t7+ or whatever, but does that mean my game experience and observations are wrong? Ok people disagree and thats fine, my issue comes when I feel like people feel that unless you are of a certain tier, than you have to shut up and allow the adults to talk, its condescending. Maybe Im reading into things wrongly, and if I am, then I apologize. Like I said, I dig your posts you have helped me personally on a lot of stuff, so I respect the help you give and the time you spent making things easier for people to navigate. Maybe when I get passed t5 Ill know what you mean, but being a somewhat casual player with limited playing hours I doubt ill get past t5 any time soon to find out.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:33:16 pm by Soakked » Logged

Pippens *Muffin Time*

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2016, 11:09:03 pm »

I'd like to see a completely new T10 or at least have it somewhat working better. The current one sucks and I got 15 chars right now in full T10 gear. I understand gut checks but 1000 plagueborns is basically 1 year of time for any hardcore player. Took Brunaa 10 months from the start to get 79. Then there are bosses that don't pop. The lag in there is still crazy compared to all other tiered zones.

I rarely even log on now because after getting all my T10 armor it's pointless to even go in there to kill mobs in hopes a plagueborn even pops within 2-3 hours of nonstop killing.

As for the T10 mini, can you get it changed to 18-24 for the group?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:10:46 pm by Mersedez » Logged
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2016, 05:34:33 am »

I dont want a nerf to t5 i just want an alternative, not that im thinking to make another new toon but hey who knows......

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2016, 06:27:06 am »

I was working on my seventh UW XI when i took my latest hiatus.

I've seen Moe 4 f*cking times.

Team l337 can calm the hell down and let the middle class suggest rare triggers in t5 could be looked at.

Once upon a time the hushed banquest (2.5 epic) was by far the worst thing on the server. People would park in the first safe room and kill those 4 barrels on side screen for days.  The rate eventually was increased considerably.

I suppose the most important thing to remember is we are talking about a math formula. Do they need to kill 100 War Boars for Widowmaker, or 100,000? The difficulty is certainly not in killing the mob, its in getting kicked in the nuts on the proverbial dice roll.

It was the reason the t5 mini was such a nice thing. Bring that thing back by any means, I dont care if its an IP Lock, a station name lock, whatfreakingever. Just any way those poor shmucks get 5 free swings a day to nab a rare. It would be great because that mini makes that tier worlds less frustrating by lessening the impact of some of the "chance" elements.

And yes, the amusing part about that is not a single one of the high and mighty will even PRETEND that the guy in t5 *cant* kill the bosses. We're simply saying they didn't deserve it without the 100,000 kills.  There's a place for people who think that way. It's called p99, get on a batphone list and deprive people of content to your heart's content.

EZ wasnt built that way. It was built to be easy at times. It was built to be hard at times. And it had a perfect marriage of higher crews helping lower crews in a format where both the haves and the have nots benefited from teaming up. In fact, the only way not to help someone is here:

On these forums.

In this thread.

And to remind us why so many are on hiatus instead of in a non-instanced t10 next to people...

Who think like you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:29:56 am by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2016, 10:06:50 am »

How does increasing boss spawn rates (not difficulty) on t5 which is mid tier, trivialize content?

Because of the nature of the zone. T5 the fight IS NOT about each boss....its about getting enough kills done within a time frame to force the spawn. Its probably unintentional at inception but its why this is such a GREAT bottleneck to later tiers: the spawn rates, forcing you to greater dps while pulling larger numbers of mobs at a time (and surviving those pulls!) to effectively get past the tier are what show you exactly WHERE you need work. Fiddling this is a very very bad idea. Its already been nerfed more than enough. That being said, I agree that alternatives with similar difficulty would be a great idea.....boredom and wanting to smash your monitor with a hunk of Australian coral from your aquarium in frustration can suck.

I'd like to see a completely new T10 or at least have it somewhat working better. The current one sucks and I got 15 chars right now in full T10 gear. I understand gut checks but 1000 plagueborns is basically 1 year of time for any hardcore player. Took Brunaa 10 months from the start to get 79. Then there are bosses that don't pop. The lag in there is still crazy compared to all other tiered zones.

I dont want a nerf to t5 i just want an alternative, not that im thinking to make another new toon but hey who knows......

^Samples of "tweaks" Cheesy And good ones, IMO. I am against making T10 much easier but there is some shit in there thats just plain broken. T9 had similar issues, and took dozens of players MANY months and burning out two devs to get it fixed....though some would argue T9 tweaks may have delved too deeply into Nerfland.

And Ponzi, I understand. I am on hiatus now for a variety of reasons, including sheer raw boredom (not to mention a series of rather embarassing medical issues). Sadly a lot of end tier players are there, because the thought of doing yet another UW XI or spending another minute in T10 (which, as I have admitted is broken) makes us shut down the PC and reach for the TV remote....

Anyway, many of us are trying to discourage making EZ easier not because we want to deny content to anyone.....thats pure bullshit and you KNOW it. You've watched MANY of us help people through said content more than once, or offer drops/spawns to complete strangers. Its about making sure LESS players hit that boredom point many of us have hit, or are approaching. Its about trying to keep this game we all have loved for years (some of us as long as Live, or longer) viable and alive when so many seem to want to send it down the hypercasual, immediate gratification primrose path thats killed so many other games out there.

Anyway, the hell with it. screw this. Do what you want, I'm absolutely sick of people spewing this type of "oh, you're an elitist that just wants to keep the little guy down" bullshit. I'll simply hope that Akkadius is smarter and more farseeing than some others.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:22:50 am by Chunka » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 211