Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:05:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server now supports SoD Client!  (Read 96974 times)
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 11:17:18 pm »

Great work.
Whats the benefit of switching to a newer client?

Here is a list off the top of my head in no particular order:

walloftxt.txt

Thanks bro for the update.
Sounds awesome! Cant wait for my download from um... steam.
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 04:13:13 am »

secrets ur awesome *tips hat*

and as for the torrent, ill be happy 2 seed, well, if it ever decides to finish that is Tongue
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:04:38 am by b33tlejuice » Logged
iamjack

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 05:36:57 am »

will the steam verison of SOD work?
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 08:51:28 am »

So I am assuming that when we have the new SoD client, that we install it from scratch.

I also assume need to transfer any files over to the new client such as UIs, spell files, zone files, etc.  What about our characters? Anything for them or is that all saved server side?

Thanks.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 09:48:29 am »

Great work.
Whats the benefit of switching to a newer client?

Here is a list off the top of my head in no particular order:

1. Platinum no longer adds weight to your character.
2. Groups can now see each other's Mana and Endurance in the group window.
3. You can now see the buffs that other players have on them in the target buff window.
4. Most UIs from 2009 to now work with SoD with little to no extra changes needed.
5. You can now copy the UI setup from one character to another from in-game.  This means you set 1 character up perfectly, and all of your other chars can just copy it Cheesy
6. You can set the frame rate of EQ windows running in the background, which makes boxing performance considerably nicer depending on how you set it.
7. You can re-size your window size to any size by stretching it like SoF, but in SoD, you can also lock the size so you don't accidentally re-size it.
8. SoD has multi-core support and works very well with modern PC hardware.  It sets your first instance of EQ to only use 1 CPU core, and if you start a second instance of EQ, it sets it to the next available CPU core and so on, so it helps balance CPU load when multiboxing.
9. WinEQ is obsolete in SoD Smiley
10. SoD is the most stable client I have seen by far, even more stable than Titanium.  It has never crashed for me other than when I caused crashes while doing dev work on it.  And I have been logged in 24X7 since I first got it working.
11. I haven't done too much testing with it yet, but I hear SoD is amazing for people who multi-box.
12. SoD has lighting that is much better than Titanium, so you will instantly notice that everything just looks better.
13. Facial features while using illusions works perfectly, where previous clients have minor issues with them.
14. Zoning time is generally noticeably faster.
15. Levitate no longer causes you to bob up and down and instead you just float there.
16. Holding down left click can now be used to rotate around your character while in 3rd person view, just like most current MMOs allow.

Here is a more complete list of changes between SoF to SoD in relation to the client itself, directly from the SOE patch notes:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showpost.php?p=185786&postcount=45

Plus, all of the new features available in SoF that aren't available in Titanium are also in SoD, so that adds a ton of new stuff there as well that I am not even counting here.

Not to mention that it includes all of the SoF content, which is a huge amount of content for server admins to be able to make use of as well as the SoD content, which itself includes:
1. 20 completely new zones, and some revamps of old zones that are really cool.
2. 40 new NPC races including multiple mounts
3. Many new Global Races, including some older ones that are nice to have loaded globally.
4. Dozens of new weapon models.  I haven't even counted them yet, but I assume there are quite a few.
5. Dozens of new Item Icons.

Really, considering the short amount of time we have been working on SoD so far, it is very far along and fully playable.  There are still a few minor issues remaining, but we are knocking them all out very quickly.  I think it is already the best client EQEmu has had yet, and it will only continue to get better.  Even if you are playing on a server that might not make use of the SoF or SoD content, the SoD client has clear benefits that make it worth upgrading to.  It is just an all-around-great client.

*Dies* I love SoD already

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 05:37:06 pm »

Si when I have the SoD... i need to uninstall Titanium right?
Will character files work with sod?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 05:41:25 pm »

You can have 2 EQ clients on your computer at once but they cannot be the SAME client (Titanium and SoF or Titanium and SoD or Sof and Sod are not the same clients obviously so you're fine either way. You can't install 2 Titanium clients or 2 SoD clients etc though) and they can't be installed in the same directory or they will end up "patching" the other client.

The only Characters files that are provided in a directory are UI files and no, with the UI changes they are not cross compatible i'm sure. You'll have to reset up your UI windows.

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 05:48:59 pm »

You can have 2 EQ clients on your computer at once but they cannot be the SAME client (Titanium and SoF or Titanium and SoD or Sof and Sod are not the same clients obviously so you're fine either way. You can't install 2 Titanium clients or 2 SoD clients etc though) and they can't be installed in the same directory or they will end up "patching" the other client.

The only Characters files that are provided in a directory are UI files and no, with the UI changes they are not cross compatible i'm sure. You'll have to reset up your UI windows.
\

You can have 2 of the same EQ client, just different folder names and stuff. i got 2 Titanium clients on my PC. "EQ-SOD" (Shards of Dalaya) and "EQ-EZServer" obviously.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 05:52:12 pm »

Wow, sorry for previous post. I apparently cant read the contents of people's posts. Sorry for being retarded

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 05:56:24 pm »

So Seeds of destruction client will work with EZ?

Too bad there is only peers and no seed.. it will take forever
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:15:02 pm by Lodar » Logged

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 06:12:49 pm »

Also am I to understand that the SoD, being a 6.2 gig torrent.. is the whole chabang from classic to sod?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

adamalh
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 06:21:47 pm »

There was 1 seed for most of the day, and this torrent had only 5 peers earlier.  Now there's 0 seeds and over 45 peers.  Ruh Roh!
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 10:34:31 pm »

Anyone finish the download. Wondering if the download even works.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 11:27:40 pm »

i got 2 days left lol
Happex

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 01:52:04 am »

edit* I hate UAC ... *grumbles about stupid Admin crap in uac preventing install
Found what i needed to find, had to read the emu forums a few times to locate it but ... wow i hate windows 7, its the same security headache as vista with the uac ... personaly if i clicked the f'n file apparently i want to take the rick of fricken opening it.
FRICKEN DO WHAT I TELL YOU TO YOU MICROSOFT DISASTER

/rant off
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:15:06 am by Happex » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats