Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:02:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: UW and essances  (Read 30198 times)
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 11:17:29 pm »

3 essences / (20 runs x 8 bosses each = 160 chances at essence drop) = 1.875%

Main: Bubbin
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 11:26:43 pm »

Ahh, that's how he got it. My bad. I was calculating it per clear.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 11:42:10 pm »

I'm calculating per clear since you don't have to clear trash, and can kill all the bosses quickly.

So far the drop rate seems about right, 1/6 clears.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 02:58:08 pm »

not really faster at all, most people t4+ can do qvic/tacvi in under the amount of time it takes waypoint to refresh so you're not really ever able to farm "more" tacvi bosses to compensate for the smaller drop rate. granted this only holds true for the ubers that are farming UW but thats the entire reason the drop rate was changed in the first place Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:09:29 pm by Digz » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 03:04:38 pm »

Preface: I understand that my play time as of late has been ...non-existent.

I will cast a vote saying that throttling old content to slow down extreme high end does come off as awkward. I am guilty of having done it as well. It seems to also be an assumption that everyone HAS the Waypoint NPC.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 05:44:36 pm »

Well in my case I farmed all 100 (except a few that I bought) after the change and I did around 1100 instances for 80 essences. I lost count after a while...
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 06:47:36 pm »

It seems to also be an assumption that everyone HAS the Waypoint NPC.

-Hate

THIS IS THE BIG ASSUMPTION!

if you don't have the FWP click..........the cost to do the zone, lets say 100 times, well 1/6 drop that's 600 times on face value is 3mil plat (5k per grp run) and if youre doing it solo 600k, or you can always wait for public to spawn............

oh and that is assuming tacvi is still 5k per run for a grp and not 20mil per grp run or whatever

so down to the unlucky person, lets say 4 million plat on a reg. WP item to get 100 essences........that's fair............./cough /hack

basically if you don't have the FWP and cant just sit at the end and pull agro on all mobs and kill all at once youre pretty much doomed from the get go on UW and really gonna be hurting for plat for making your augs, but then again, most luck ever, NS and FS need 2 each, so lets go with 6 FS augs, that's 12 essences, 12*6=72*1000=72k that's 1 essence ever 6 runs, 72 runs times 1000plat for each run.......yeah 72k to get the componets to make your augs + the ore costs, ............anyway

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 07:26:01 pm »

It seems to also be an assumption that everyone HAS the Waypoint NPC.

-Hate

THIS IS THE BIG ASSUMPTION!

if you don't have the FWP click..........the cost to do the zone, lets say 100 times, well 1/6 drop that's 600 times on face value is 3mil plat (5k per grp run) and if youre doing it solo 600k, or you can always wait for public to spawn............

oh and that is assuming tacvi is still 5k per run for a grp and not 20mil per grp run or whatever

so down to the unlucky person, lets say 4 million plat on a reg. WP item to get 100 essences........that's fair............./cough /hack

basically if you don't have the FWP and cant just sit at the end and pull agro on all mobs and kill all at once youre pretty much doomed from the get go on UW and really gonna be hurting for plat for making your augs, but then again, most luck ever, NS and FS need 2 each, so lets go with 6 FS augs, that's 12 essences, 12*6=72*1000=72k that's 1 essence ever 6 runs, 72 runs times 1000plat for each run.......yeah 72k to get the componets to make your augs + the ore costs, ............anyway

I was more referring to the 1mil price tag on standard waypoint, but valid point.

-Hate

Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 04:14:07 am »

I'm calculating per clear since you don't have to clear trash, and can kill all the bosses quickly.

So far the drop rate seems about right, 1/6 clears.

I just finished 60 full clears of tacvi and walked away with only 3 essence, trying to farm some essence for my SoA's, thats 1 essence in 20 clears. I'm not seeing anywhere near a 1/6 clears drop rate here.   

Well in my case I farmed all 100 (except a few that I bought) after the change and I did around 1100 instances for 80 essences. I lost count after a while...

Doing the math here is about 1 essence in 13.75 clears.

Now with the time limit of 10 min, or 600 seconds, for instance deletion, i can only get 3 clears every 10 min. As my warrior is full t-6 with a uc v2 i can get 3 clears in 6 min, and i have to wait 4 min just to get another instance.  Any chance we could get a reduction in the instance deletion timer down to 5 min?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 04:29:59 am »

There are 3 types of instance too, solo, guild, raid.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 05:55:19 am »

You had a bad string of luck. I did 35 a week ago and got 3 of them. I put out 150 t4 tokens a few days before double loot and no essences... and then I got 3 in the next 20 tokens.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 09:23:13 am »

I really don't think the constant essence constriction needs to continue. It's already a fairly uphill battle for those players that are entrenched (so to speak, with high powered box groups). For a new player, they have to drop 1mil for crafting book, drop 1mil for waypoint, farm for literal days to get essences from any zone (more if they are all aug users in their main group), and then contend with the constantly shrinking essence drop chances because the UW (supposedly intended as another EXTREME high end item) is directly affecting drop chances (which means it effects ALL players).

tl;dr - Please don't screw the bulk of us just because a few players saved up for over a year and got an end game item day one.

-Hate

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 12:03:04 pm »

+1 what Hate said. essences for augs are hard enough as it is for augs and SoA. the UW takes a long time if you farm it Yourself. I have personally farmed 95% of my essences from qvic-T2 and im on UW4. ive been going at it since it came out so I figure another 6 months and I might be at 8. but I need augs too and Im only in T5 with 18 in my box army.I need 78 of each type already without UW essences.

How about instead of using essences, incorporate the UW in your new ToFS zone. floor 1 is "qvic/tacvi" diffuculty (tho its a little harder) and make new drops at a 1% or less rate of a new item, then do a different item per floor so each floor drops 2 types of item to combine, floor 4 in this case would drop the combines to UW 7/8... sounds reasonable if the highest geared people can't get past floor 4 yet.
trash could drop lvl 1/3/5/7/9 UW combines items, then the keyholder can have a low chance to drop 2/4/6/8/10 combine items. yeah? and gets UW away from augs and soa market
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 02:13:34 pm »

Or.....make the item needed for the UW separate from the item needed for augs/necks/etc.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 02:17:00 pm »

No thanks  Anuli

And essences seem perfectly farmable for new players. I agree with Hate about his feelings on the essence constriction, but Hunter has it down pretty fairly right now. Minus tacvi of course.

I have not been in tacvi for a while, but I think the best solution is the keep it crazy hard and just have the Crafters guild sell rank2 augs instread of rank1 augs.

This will keep the UW pace as it should be, but have nothing to do with augs since you could get them from the crafters merchant.

Trust me Hunter, giving away this change(rank2) would not make any new player OP lol

Edit: Or remove the essence requirement from the rank2 recipe and still require players to buy the ore and SLS
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:23:03 pm by Rageful » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053