Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:03:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: UW and essances  (Read 30206 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2013, 04:50:33 pm »

popping sound and twirl fingers..

I guess your are the guy that needs a trophy at every little accomplishment. Fucking get over it. Farm or don't I'm tired of see this and that.

The system isn't broke, why do you keep going at it like it is? All you are trying to do is speed shit up period. No matter what you call it that is what it is.

If he intended the "essences" to drop @ a faster rate I'm sure he would be all over pushing the %s up.. Which HE HAS listened to you guys a lot over the last 2-4 months making adjustments all over the tiers..

Below is hard(ish) numbers and %s based on many many many many kills.. and Turn ins.

Tacvi - Tuned up again recently - The tune up is horrible this essence is retarded spend 8-10 hrs and get 7...

Qvic - Meh could be better.

T1 - Tuned up and Stackable Crystals and bumped Crystals drop rates (5-7% Esse Rates)

T2 - Tuned up and Stackable Crystals and bumped Crystals drop rates (5-7% Esse Rates)

T3 - Hovering about 5% ( these suck ass cause got to farm so many damn tokens..)( should do a 1/600 from Avatars)

T4 - Hovering about 5% ( these suck ass cause got to farm so many damn tokens..)( should do a 1/600 from Avatars)

T5- 1/400 from any mob in zone , Bosses about 3%ish and White 15% ish.. (Bosses should be bumped to 6-7% the effort required is .. well y'all know)

T6- Mata 100%, Bosses.. honestly this % is gay, Chests Honestly this % is gay (Should just remove from Bosses and Chest and put 1/400 or 1/500 Drop from any mob in zone)

T7 - Looks like a 1/400(ish) chance from mobs in zone and 100% from Wrath..( and to the tool that said remove 100% from wrath should be dragged out back and shot in the pee pee.. getting the bosses to chain spawn to get to wrath is RNG enough in itself )

and for the T1-T4 these are %s based on approx 1000s and 1000s and 1000s +++ Turn ins for each tier.

With UWs, BUs, New Spells(Hate), Epic upgrades (Hate), Mega Damage Upgrades from Hunter.. all this is Way easier to kill Faster.. It's Boom Boom

1 more thought...

Don't need SoT/SoA/UCv2/BU/UW/(anyrank)/RoA To finish T6 or T7...So this Progression limbo people keep throwing out there../meh

Attached is you award!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:56:49 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2013, 04:56:14 pm »

popping sound and twirl fingers..

I guess your are the guy that needs a trophy at every little accomplishment. Fucking get over it. Farm or don't I'm tired of see this and that.

The system isn't broke, why do you keep going at it like it is? All you are trying to do is speed shit up period. No matter what you call it that is what it is.

If he intended the "essences" to drop @ a faster rate I'm sure he would be all over pushing the %s up.. Which HE HAS listened to you guys a lot over the last 2-4 months making adjustments all over the tiers..

Below is hard(ish) numbers and %s based on many many many many kills.. and Turn ins.

Tacvi - Tuned up again recently - The tune up is horrible this essence is retarded spend 8-10 hrs and get 7...

Qvic - Meh could be better.

T1 - Tuned up and Stackable Crystals and bumped Crystals drop rates (5-7% Esse Rates)

T2 - Tuned up and Stackable Crystals and bumped Crystals drop rates (5-7% Esse Rates)

T3 - Hovering about 5% ( these suck ass cause got to farm so many damn tokens..)( should do a 1/600 from Avatars)

T4 - Hovering about 5% ( these suck ass cause got to farm so many damn tokens..)( should do a 1/600 from Avatars)

T5- 1/400 from any mob in zone , Bosses about 3%ish and White 15% ish.. (Bosses should be bumped to 6-7% the effort required is .. well y'all know)

T6- Mata 100%, Bosses.. honestly this % is gay, Chests Honestly this % is gay (Should just remove from Bosses and Chest and put 1/400 or 1/500 Drop from any mob in zone)

T7 - Looks like a 1/400(ish) chance from mobs in zone and 100% from Wrath..( and to the tool that said remove 100% from wrath should be dragged out back and shot in the pee pee.. getting the bosses to chain spawn to get to wrath is RNG enough in itself )

and for the T1-T4 these are %s based on approx 1000s and 1000s and 1000s +++ Turn ins for each tier.

With UWs, BUs, New Spells(Hate), Epic upgrades (Hate), Mega Damage Upgrades from Hunter.. all this is Way easier to kill Faster.. It's Boom Boom

1 more thought...

Don't need SoT/SoA/UCv2/BU/UW/(anyrank)/RoA To finish T6 or T7...So this Progression limbo people keep throwing out there../meh

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2013, 04:58:07 pm »

Not really just tired of him calling it something other then what his intentions are.. He is trying to accomplish raising the %s up basically through a new systems. He needs to own that and accept is award.

Not everyone is going to get all the items in the game, players are going to have to come to terms with that.

But if Hunter wants to bump Drop rates I'm cool with that, just we don't need a whole new system

Nobody is cock blocking you from going out and farming. If anything due the increased value, you could get rich now!

But I do agree with this post a lot

Please don't screw the bulk of us just because a few players saved up for over a year and got an end game item day one.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:24:19 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
bobo

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2013, 09:15:09 pm »

I think what some people are thinking and not communicating is that perhaps it is time to institute a new type of currency. Essences are used for everything. Currently one type of essence has no equivalent value to other essences (I suppose you could sell for plat and exchange).  

When new items come out such as soa and uw there should be a new rare drop implemented to coincide with said item. This new currency could be addloot coded so that it had a variable drop rate in all tiers. This would prevent people from stockpiling essences when news of a new item is coming. This would also create a market for all tiers of players to sell this item instead of selling just the tier essence they are in.  

This is just what I think. Im not saying this should be done just ideas. I like this server and what Hunter and other contributers are doing to make it fun.

THANKS
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2013, 10:07:09 pm »

Yay for pictures. The top graph is a low standard deviation graph (aka higher percentage drop with higher aug cost). The bottom graph is a high standard deviation graph (aka low percentage drop rate with normal aug cost).

2000 kills *5% the average drop rate=100/1essence=100 upgrades (upgrades cost 1 essence)
2000 kills *50% the average drop rate=1000/10essences=100upgrades (upgrades cost 10 times what they do now)

This sure doesn't seem like an increase in the rate someone would be able to complete an augment or UW level to me.

Since I have proven that by increasing the essence drop rate by the same percent you increase the augment cost the average (mean) stays the same let me explain what this WOULD do.

By increasing the chance of an event (increasing drop rate) you lower the standard deviation (number of people getting essences fast AND the number of people getting essences slow) thus driving more events to the mean (average). All else being equal this basically reduces the chance of outliers while leaving the mean alone.

So...less people would get essences faster than the average and less people would get essences slower than the average.There would be more essences in the marketplace thus decreasing the cost and making them more likely to be traded. The end cost if you bought the essences should stay the same (100k essence now, 10k essences/essence fragment afterwards but 10 of these are required..10,000x10=100k) This would also allow hunter to better tune essence drops and throttle/speed up upgrades and allowing players to feel like there are less "wasted" bosses because each step in an upgrade is a smaller one.

Regardless of if this is a good idea or not there is your mathematical proof that you were mistaken in your assumption about my intentions.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:50:59 pm by Ybik » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2013, 12:06:05 am »

I'm confused, and have a head ache now Sad

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2013, 12:24:13 am »

Here's another award for your incomprehensible wall of text.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2013, 02:25:48 am »

This is bullshit, I want an award! Preferably one of Fugitives.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2013, 05:58:03 am »

Yes, your special too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2013, 07:41:19 am »

I personally think that with the changes to the waypoint that lower tier essences should revert back to the previous drop rate, since you cant make instances continuously like before, which was the reason given for the nerf in the first place.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2013, 10:46:44 am »

Meh, stopped caring enough to talk about it anymore. People seem to throw a fit any time someone dares discuss server issues.

Screw you, new players! We's gots ours!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2013, 05:47:40 pm »

Some people are always assuming you want things easier when posting suggestions on gaming forums. Its often a rather poor form for discussion. The faster one gets used to it, the less annoyed and disappointed you will get. I like the idea of partial rewards more often but after farming t1-2 for 3 hours yesterday getting 7 dminor, RNG has been good to me as of late. It really blows when it dont though. And perhaps ever more frustrating for players with big real life commitments like wife, kids an so forth meaning less playtime overall meaning you want max profit when you actually can play.. In the end though, EQ is EQ and a big time sink altogether. This seems to be working as Hunter intended, whitch i dont mind at all Wink

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2013, 12:10:55 pm »

tl;dr the majority of the players here are as stubborn as Lindsay Lohan

Yourself included

Drop your live Sig make it a EZ one gimp!

That live sig is shit fyi. I would be embarrassed to have that sig if I was that class. Wink

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 272