Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:13:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Caster Changes (1-30-15)  (Read 41911 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2015, 02:19:59 pm »

Upcoming Caster Changes (1-30-15)

Here is a PREVIEW of the upcoming changes. They are not final, but coming very shortly (within next week or so). I have been tinkering with these when I am not able to log in and work directly on T10, so please don't start attacking me about not working on T10 in this thread. These changes are, on the surface, negative...but it's a two fold bit. If you have issues with something, PLEASE POST IT CONSTRUCTIVELY. Criticism and praise are welcome in a constructive manner. Trolling/spamming/exploding will result in a forums suspension.

I will break up the thread into sections for easier reading and quoting.

Healing:
  • Avenger's Touch had it's percentage heal max value decreased by roughly 20%.
  • Skin of the Drake has a recast time of 90s (up from 30s).
  • Skin of the Drake III trigger saw a 20% drop.
  • Skin of the Drake IV trigger saw a 30% drop.
  • Druid Single-Target Regeneration has been increased by 30%.
  • Remissive Remedy now has a 0.5s cast time (down from 1.5s), with a cooldown increased to 40s (up from 20s).
  • Purge Weakness now has a 0.5s cast time (down from 1.5s), also cleric usable.
  • Breath of Nature had it's recovery time increased to 2.5s (from 1.5s).
  • Word of Vivification will become a 1.5s recast (down from 2.5s).
  • Ancestral Honor 8.0 decreased to 100k HP buff (from 150k).
  • Ancestral Honor 9.0 decreased to 132k HP buff (from 200k).
  • Armor of the Crab increased to 30k HP buff (from 10k).
  • Armor of the Crab II increased to 75k HP buff (from 20k).
  • Clerics have a new rank of Word of Vivification, 20k base healing. Will likely find it's way in T8 and/or T9.
  • Both ranks of Word of Vivification have a 10% chance to hit all clients in 100 units for half of the base heal amount (6k for rank one, 10k for rank two).
  • Clerics and Paladins gain access to a new spell, Exorcise Evil, which dispels harmful magic effects from a target. (0.25s cast, 15s recast)
  • Clerics gain access to a new spell, Exorcise en Masse, which dispels harmful magic effects from group members. (0.25s cast, 90s recast)1

Damage:
  • Kaldar's Heavenly Fire is now 60k per target, across four targets, in three waves. Cooldown was increased to 24s. (Up from 24k and 12s CD)
  • Kaldar's Heavenly Fire II is now 126k per target, across four targets, in three waves. Cooldown was increased to 24s. (Up from 60k and 12s CD)
  • Static Burst is now 40k to all nearby targets. Cooldown was increased to 18s. (Up from 10k and 15s CD)
  • Static Burst II is now 96k to all nearby targets. Cooldown was increased to 18s. (Up from 50k and 15s CD)
  • Polarity Flux is now 20k to four targets. (Up from 10k)
  • Polarity Flux II is now 48k to four targets. (Up from 45k)
  • Polarity Flux III is now 120k to four targets. (Up from 100k)
  • Shy Crustacean's Soul Eater is now 30k. (up from 5k)
  • Shy Crustacean's Soul Eater II is now 75.6k. (up from 20k)
  • Timeless: Tempest Wind is now 27.5k per wave, to four targets, across six waves. Cooldown was increased to 35s (Up from 7.5k and 16s CD)
  • Timeless: Tempest Wind II is now 62.5k per wave, to four targets, across six waves. Cooldown was increased to 35s (Up from 37.5k and 16s CD)

Items:
  • Earring of the Mystic Ages focus, Painfully Gorgeous, has been redesigned. It now adds additional spell damage that stacks multiplicatively with the Ultimate Charm. Effects are 10/20/30/50/100% per rank.
  • Mana Necklace has been redesigned to better utilize casters as casters, not proc hunters. The new Pirate's Ire effect will add a 75% bonus per rank (75% of base damage, additive) and proc only the pet buff (First Mate's Gift).
  • First Mate's Gift has been changed from Icestrike-like damage to Firestrike-like damage.
  • MANA NECKLACE RECIPES ARE DISABLED UNTIL THE RECIPES ARE UPDATED AND THESE CHANGES GO LIVE. This is being done to prevent people skipping up ranks while it is cheap. They are being scaled up in cost in light of these changes.
  • Ultimate Weapons *MAY* become class adjusted, like the zone dropped weapons and/or the UW 2H and H2H items.

Mechanic:
  • Spell haste can stack almost unlimitedly. Spells can get as low as 0.25s cast time. (This is already live)

Let the sh**storm begin.

-Hate

1 - Cooldown subject to be halved...just tinkering around with it.

EDIT#1: Added Timeless: Tempest Wind damage increased. Overlooked :-)
EDIT#2: Breath of Nature recast removed, Word of Vivification lowered instead. UW changes struck out.
EDIT#3: Clarified where Avenger's Touch was being adjusted. Added cleric spells that I overlooked from notes.
EDIT#4: Clarified that the Druid Regeneration increase it the single target regen (not Pack Regeneration).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:26:35 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 02:27:44 pm »

/popcorn

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 02:53:35 pm »

Seems like decent but if you're changing the way skin works in 2 different ways it may be a little much... maybe a 60 sec recast do you might be able to use it more than once a pull
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 02:56:01 pm »

OK

So skin can be used for pulling still it just is not usable for heals once you get back when it was most crucial to have IE the first 40 seconds of the fight when you have the most mobs on you.

so smaller pulls

really not sure if the druid is going to have a place anymore when I can just add another dps toon and do smaller faster pulls...

we shall see...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 03:01:04 pm by balidet » Logged

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 03:06:41 pm »

Will have to wait and see how it effects play, but...

I can see a potential issue with the T9 undead raid.  With out Drake on board my full T9/UW10 War goes down like a $5 hooker if his Pal and/or cleric gets aggro (and they do get aggro alot).   May just require some tuning on that particular encounter?

Let'er rip on the changes and let's see what's needed afterwards.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 03:37:15 pm »

Seems solid to me... Drake increased recast seems like the best fix for op druids.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 03:37:50 pm »

I can see a potential issue with the T9 undead raid.  With out Drake on board my full T9/UW10 War goes down like a $5 hooker if his Pal and/or cleric gets aggro (and they do get aggro alot).

That's exactly the problem with Drake currently. High enough rank and it makes the tank invincible. It is the only heal to scale off of the target RECEIVING the buff instead of the one CASTING the buff, which is inevitably the tank (which is inevitably the best geared character).

Additionally, that event can be looked at in terms of difficulty and raw numbers. :-)

-Hate

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 04:25:53 pm »

Looks good here, can't wait to see it active.

Gotta get my 15 wizard team back up to snuff

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
avadar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 04:35:44 pm »

I will have to test out the changes in game to really get a feel for the effect on playstyle.

I dont get however, the rearranging of the HP buffs. I may be dumb but help me out here, you are taking away 68k hps from sham and giving  55k hp from cleric.. why is total hp buffage getting nerfed? Was that really an issue that seemed op?

- Harthek
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 04:40:44 pm »

I will have to test out the changes in game to really get a feel for the effect on playstyle.

I dont get however, the rearranging of the HP buffs. I may be dumb but help me out here, you are taking away 68k hps from sham and giving  55k hp from cleric.. why is total hp buffage getting nerfed? Was that really an issue that seemed op?

- Harthek

They were still SUPER high from the pre-adjustment (before I nerfed HP/damage across the board [for mobs] with UW HP lowering). I overlooked them. I also wanted cleric HP buffs to be ...useful. :-)

Updated original post with druid AoE spell damage increase.

-Hate

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 05:14:36 pm »

Yeah, bout that....

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 05:25:35 pm »

lol rekt, druid is going back in the garage.

I want to say something constructive but for every good thing in the update the skin change kills the entire purpose of the class and makes them lowest on the food chain again.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:29:24 pm by Quaglin45 » Logged
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 05:35:02 pm »

Keeping 1 spell active equals a nearly 100% immortal tank.. Give HB a chance there will be "other" reasons to play with a druid.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 05:39:16 pm »

Honestly if you think about it, the druid had 1 use before drake. Regen to put on you doing RoA when you had to level. Drake made them desirable almost required. With the nerf to drake, and yes it is a nerf, they are still "good" w/the drake but they are no longer desirable. So back into the garage for Moocow.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 05:49:15 pm »

lol rekt, druid is going back in the garage.

I want to say something constructive but for every good thing in the update the skin change kills the entire purpose of the class and makes them lowest on the food chain again.

Honestly if you think about it, the druid had 1 use before drake. Regen to put on you doing RoA when you had to level. Drake made them desirable almost required. With the nerf to drake, and yes it is a nerf, they are still "good" w/the drake but they are no longer desirable. So back into the garage for Moocow.

If this is the case, then Drake was either incredibly overpowered or the Druid is a trash healer. Which is it?

-Hate

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988