Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:26:38 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Caster Changes (1-30-15)  (Read 41918 times)
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 05:56:22 pm »

Skin was changed the first time because it was "overpowered" and now it's still "overpowered" even though let's be honest ; it's almost a necessity for it to be powerful with how content is further down the road to effectively pull and clear. They are a trash healer, but if I wanted a healer I'd roll a paladin or cleric. It just seems there is no happy point for skin. If it stays it's overpowered, if it doesn't , the class will be complete trash and doubtful anyone will favor it over a dps slot in their group make up. Unfortunately there is no in between on skin, we already settled with a change once on it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:08:24 pm by Quaglin45 » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 06:12:25 pm »

Dru is.far from a necessity... Skin is op.. I have stated before the old dynamic of skin was actually less op than it's current state...however with the uw heal.and war bp.it made it.seem like you were immune.. but it was far from once.you hit that counter limit if recast want up then heal went poof... (on cell sorry)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 06:17:22 pm »

Skin was changed the first time because it was "overpowered" and now it's still "overpowered" even though let's be honest ; it's almost a necessity for it to be powerful with how content is further down the road to effectively pull and clear. They are a trash healer, but if I wanted a healer I'd roll a paladin or cleric. It just seems there is no happy point for skin. If it stays it's overpowered, if it doesn't , the class will be complete trash and doubtful anyone will favor it over a dps slot in their group make up. Unfortunately there is no in between on skin, we already settled with a change once on it.

The effect is stupidly OP because of it scaling off of the TANK'S gear. Hindsight and all that hippy crap, I should've set it LOW and slightly stair-stepped it up. Past aside, what specifically is wrong with the druid as a healer? Mana efficiency isn't a concern, damage is higher than cleric, healing throughput isn't terrible.

What specifically is wrong with the druid as a healer? :-)

Dru is.far from a necessity... Skin is op.. I have stated before the old dynamic of skin was actually less op than it's current state...however with the uw heal.and war bp.it made it.seem like you were immune.. but it was far from once.you hit that counter limit if recast want up then heal went poof... (on cell sorry)

I agree. It was easier to manage before with numhits, but I wanted to create a tool that was a GREAT way to safely round things up or preparing for a HIGH damage part of a fight. What I ended up doing is making a godmode buff. Undecided

-Hate
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:25:19 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 06:17:46 pm »

I never said druid was a necessity, I said the strength of the skin was a necessity
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 06:19:58 pm »

Edit: I don't see the point in arguing this out and causing an unnecessary shit storm. I just came back and was getting back into the game after a little break for RL and other games but I see that was my first error.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:31:29 pm by Quaglin45 » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 06:27:22 pm »

Personally hate I was being ignorant when I threw cleric in the mix because I don't even use them as a healer, paladin still does the job a lot better and makes it so I have to make less hot keys and can focus in other areas better. The only sole purpose of a druid I had them for was skin, if they were for healer, i'd much rather have a dps in place because Paladin just mops the floor with healers with a whole lot less relying on hoping your hot keys "heal" actually triggered or not.

Ok, fair enough. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't actually useless. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 07:25:12 pm »

mainly skin was for pulls and that burst of dps you get when you have 30+ pulled..now they cant be used for the big pulls so it will just change how we all play some...its all good I will add a zerk and have smaller pulls that die faster

Woodee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 08:13:16 pm »

Just add more druids to your crew, like running 4 zerks
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 08:30:52 pm »

the only thing a druid really allows as far as that buff is concerned is the ability to pull an assload of mobs. so its really a farming tool, just like the old "click, boom" on the UW was.

ok, so we (people that decided to use the spell) got used to using the spell for what it could be used for, so now we will get used to not using it. no big deal really.

end of the day, you just scrap the druid, put that bastard on the bench, pull the wizard off the bench and put him in the line up cause he is now the flavor of the month class.

I really don't see a need for this thread to continue as it is all just opinion on a matter that has already been decided. We can post all we want, but its just going to be throwing shit up on the wall and hoping something sticks at this point, cause again, its already been decided.

As far as what else does a druid have to offer? Regen and buffs. Still viable. Just have them sit out in the cold for a while as a buff bot and then when you (as a player that used drake) get used to not having/using drake, quit logging them on.

Drudi nukes? sure, I guess they have them, but why use that now with the wizard coming off the bench and into the line up.

Again, end of the day what is going to happen is what has been stated above, smaller pulls and kill faster as opposed to larger pulls that die slower. it really wont change a damn thing as we will all just adjust around the change. its not going to "kill" the game or kill the "play" one way or another, its just a change. Most people that are arguing just simply do not like changing the way they have gotten used to playing their core.

Most people I have talked to say "well, I never used drake, so I don't care, it is overpowered." Great, so you didn't use the tool available, whatever. Some of us did realize that we could do it this way and decided to take advantage of that. Your opinion, in my eyes, is just as useless as our opinion of saying "we do care."

it doesn't mean jack squat cause again, dead horse, dead issue, change made. deal, get over, lets talk about something else lol

bizban

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 08:32:15 pm »

I plan on just running 3 druids in my 18 im happy with the changes Smiley
Akito1221

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 08:37:11 pm »

I had a nice post outlined and then refreshed to see Rents post. Great point, bench the druid, roll a wizard. Glad my 2nd group isnt all the way through T5 yet.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 09:12:03 pm »

I wasn't the first to point it out but I've bee planning it for a few weeks now lol

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 09:15:05 pm »

so my wizzy...what do you all think we can expect from a maxed out uc3 wizzy? how good is it?

Peign
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 09:20:40 pm »

This is a lot of changes all at once.   I do not see why changes have to be made in such huge chunks.   Have a look at Agile Development.   I would suggest breaking these changes into smaller chunks, releasing and getting feedback from the customer.   Yes, we are the customer.  Without players there will be no EZ period.   Release in small chunks, see how it works out, tweak, rinse and repeat.  

Druid being a dps class is a failed experiment.  Who here casts Tempest Wind please raise your hand.    Not I, I would put my dps up against anyone on the server.   They should be healers.   Even with every aggro reducing item in game my druid would still get aggro on one click of the epic.  

Could you go with 60 second recast on Drake vice 90?     It may have been awhile since you played, but 90 seconds is a long time in an EZ server fight.     Our fights rarely last 90 seconds... maybe on huge pulls they last that long.    Also, why the nerf to Breath of Nature?  That is 2 hits on the druid class right there.     If you want to make clerics better healers, make them better healers, no need to nerf other classes.    Perhaps you could increase the healing on Timeless Chlorobon II or give another rank?   I'd like to be able to use my druid as making another toon seems silly at this point.

Actually, I would recommend that you get a group of 6-18 and do a run through T9 (if you haven't already).  

Ultimate Weapons *MAY* become class adjusted, like the zone dropped weapons and/or the UW 2H and H2H items.

Please do not mess with the UW.   There have been enough changes to the weapon we all have spent hours upon hours on.  

Additionally, have players been begging for caster changes?    The dynamics of EZ have been fairly consistent since 2010 (when I started playing anyway).    Why spend all this effort to work on casters?  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:40:07 pm by Peign » Logged
Peign
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 09:23:46 pm »

it doesn't mean jack squat cause again, dead horse, dead issue, change made. deal, get over, lets talk about something else lol

Dead server if customer feedback is not taken into account.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256