Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:43:55 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Caster Changes (1-30-15)  (Read 41929 times)
Peign
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2015, 02:18:26 pm »

I never used skin to pull massive trains. Always did it one small chunk at a time. Felt wrong to do anything else honestly - and risky - I hate having to rez.

Probably won't even notice this change, although I wish it was 60s instead of 90s recast as it will likely create unnecessary downtime between pulls. If someone is willing to rank and run 2 druids let them be rewarded for that. I'd hate to see folks running around with 3 druids... that's just silly.

Right, if someone wants to roll 10 druids and chain whatever spell, let them.   Why should anyone be punished for having more than 1 class.    That is like developers of original EQ saying, those darn clerics, they are doing a CH rotation and making this encounter too easy.   Must put a 10 min timer on CH.     That never happened, and should not happen here. 
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 02:27:23 pm »

Its going to make the game harder for the people who are comming up this is without question..that is the idea...as for those like myself...we dont need drake...it changes almost nothing....I have been clearing t7/t8/t9 the last 2 days without drake..frankly you dont need it stop hitting the panic button..

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2015, 04:33:22 pm »

100% agree with Rent, magical arrows need to disappear and the run speed on the targets need to be knocked down a bit with the changes to skin.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2015, 11:00:35 am »

I agree that some of the "all mobs have arrows" needs some review...but if all of the mobs are stupid slow and can't hit you....then it's click-pull mobs, drop drake, be invincible, destroy pull, repeat. :-P

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Peign
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2015, 11:56:59 am »

I agree that some of the "all mobs have arrows" needs some review...but if all of the mobs are stupid slow and can't hit you....then it's click-pull mobs, drop drake, be invincible, destroy pull, repeat. :-P

-Hate

I think this can be solved by applying a hit count to the spell, like your original version.     Can also cap spell duration to 15 seconds.    The larger your pull, the quicker it fades.       

Top end players use different raid configuration and strats  here.    If someone wants to run 10 paladins and 2 wars I do not think they should be punished in the code.       The sacrifice to that raid configuration is significantly less dps.   They will survive, but fights will be slow.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2015, 12:30:17 pm »

Yep, I understand that. I'm not trying to crucify, hamstring, or ruin gameplay...just trying to fix the current invulnerability 'oversight'. Games are fun with challenge. If you are just walking through and picking up loot, it's not really all the fun in my humble opinion. :-)

-Hate

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2015, 12:36:39 pm »

t7 mobs run at max run speed.  They should be slowed down to something reasonable so you can pull w/o drake.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2015, 12:43:36 pm »

t7 mobs run at max run speed.  They should be slowed down to something reasonable so you can pull w/o drake.

Some NPCs should be stupid fast for a variety of reasons (such as discouraging pulling a mob way outside of it's spawn to add some measure of difficulty). As I stated above, slowing the mobs down means that a warrior could run through, spam clicking the War3.0 or Sceptre, get back to group, receive Skin of the Drake, be invulnerable while burning down the mobs. That's really not addressing the problem I have with Drake, just shifting the time that the invulnerability happens. :-)

-Hate

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2015, 04:13:52 pm »

But if you can't pull w/o drake.  Then something about it needs to be done.

Those cave areas quickly pwn my on tier tank w/o drake even with just 5 mobs.  Not sure what abilities they have but can go to dead very quickly.

I'm not saying they need to be kitable slow.  But Max run speed clicky should buy you some space from mobs, and it doesn't.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2015, 04:20:56 pm »

But if you can't pull w/o drake.  Then something about it needs to be done.
Those cave areas quickly pwn my on tier tank w/o drake even with just 5 mobs.  Not sure what abilities they have but can go to dead very quickly.

If on Tier... probably should be breaking into content.. expecting to pull a lot at one time with a "on tier tank"? ... I'm confused..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2015, 04:21:10 pm »

I've never tried, but can't you just pacify them?  It works or did work in ToV on cluster pulls, could even single the roaming drakes near ikatiar/eashan out with it.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2015, 04:22:11 pm »

I'm not saying they need to be kitable slow.  But Max run speed clicky should buy you some space from mobs, and it doesn't.

Ok, that's noteworthy. I'll add to my list to review. :-)

-Hate

EDIT: Coat of Bright Lights was built SPECIFICALLY to address this type of situation.

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2015, 06:45:41 pm »

But if you can't pull w/o drake.  Then something about it needs to be done.
Those cave areas quickly pwn my on tier tank w/o drake even with just 5 mobs.  Not sure what abilities they have but can go to dead very quickly.

If on Tier... probably should be breaking into content.. expecting to pull a lot at one time with a "on tier tank"? ... I'm confused..

My tank has 3 t8 pieces, rest t7, 1.75 mil hp buffed, shm 7.0 oak3 ora 424.  I'm in farming mode for my army's t7.  About 80% done.  All UC 1, half uc2'd, UW7.  I would expect to be able to pull areas w/o drake.  Like the caves,  That's 5-7 mobs.  If I don't use drake I die because of the speed of the mobs and the tight quarters. 

The speed of mobs is a problem w/ the drake nerf.  I'm not talking about pulling 30+ mobs .  But Just as you work through t6 and go from 6 hours to clear to < 2, I would expect at this point to be able to pull 10 mobs no problem in t7.  I'd bet I'd die more often then not sans drake.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2015, 06:49:09 pm »

agree the mobs in T7 are attacking like bat out of hell lately even with low count they never seem to miss just whamwhamwhamwham

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2015, 07:48:00 am »

As I said l2p shouldn't be/isn't needed to play adjust your game play and stop relying on a spell that heals for more than incoming damage to pull...I play an sk and take more damage than a war on pulls and I do just fine...I didn't actively play with skin knowing this day would come....
And you may say it's a hinder or whatever not having drake to pull...however I've seen a war with less gear than me pull all ntov without drake ... he knew the dynamics of how running in a correct fashion will allow you to take less damage... something I learned on live a long time ago... that's one main reason I know that a war will always be a better tank than an sk in this server...I'm ok with that...but you don't need skin to pull.. and you shouldn't need a spell that proc heals for more than incoming damage to be able stay alive... because what's the point.. granted until the uc3 this isn't true so the proc limiter seems the best fix....I.e. a rollback on the spell pre xmas 2013 this would require 2-3 dru to "chain" skin if your pulls aren't to large and you're good at boxing

Hate I suggested the hit counter be put back long before this thread... It was a better mechanic.. I think removing drake as an unlimited pulling device will even out the field a little

Edit:

Thought...heal over time spells were used for pulling and return to group with pulls because of the low hate generated and the healing while running some true duration hot type spells would make clr shm useful in pull healing along with drake going to a hit counter
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:12:59 am by ishallnotdie » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053