Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:23:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Updating Airplane  (Read 15630 times)
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 12:45:05 pm »

Not sure what it could be exactly, but something has changed. Just people are pointing out the one thing that is public knowledge, which is the time change on isntances.

I know the other day I waited until the end of my PoD guild instance. Came back after porting out and it wanted me to create a new isntance. I did so and zoned in. Ended up being another guild's instance. I zoned back out and zoned back in. Same thing. other guild in there. Zoned back out, deleted the instance. Remade it. Zoned in. Other guild still. Zoned out, deleted and waited 20 minutes. Made the isntance again and zoned in and everything was normal.

I know I should have recorded what was happening better, but I was tired (still no real excuse) and just wanted to play a bit with no hassles.
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 02:49:12 pm »

This did happen before your patch hunter just was rare but seems more common now i think you should just wipe all instances next time you log in and see if maybe instance ID's are being reused some how.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 03:52:33 pm »

I hope its not timer related. Its really helped me out,as far as wiping on bosses and hurrying back to the instance to keep the mob up. No telling how many times before the change I lost mobs from zone shutting down.

Or if the timer is reduce,could we please get enough time to get back in zone,if we hurry,to save the mob? Say like 5 minutes maybe?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 07:48:06 pm »

I'll set it back to 5 seconds. If you don't want to lose your mob/loot then you'll need to have at least 1 toon in the zone to hold it from closing.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 08:34:24 pm »

Made some DB edits, sorry for downtime. Server coming up now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 10:37:52 pm »

Can we at least try something like 5 to 7 minutes? Just enough time to port back and zone in is all I'm asking. I mean its takes at least that long to zone from death,zone to main zone,then zone into instances.

I mean my point of view is,if it stays bugged with longer timers the downside is worth the upside. You made instance cheap again,so 10k is nothing if ya get bugged instance. This seems to only be happening upon making the instance and zoning in the first time. Once you get in and its the right zone everything works fine and the added timer is a godsend.

Its kinda like the pally click crash..I have never had it happen to me ever or the instance zoning wrong. I think these issues are client side or only happen on certain setups.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:01:55 pm by Nindalf » Logged
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 11:07:57 pm »

I'd rather park an extra toon at the zone-in than have to worry about ending up in the wrong instance.

The server controls where you zone to.  It's not a client-side issue.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 146