Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:32:01 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Issues with EZ Server  (Read 24651 times)
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 03:33:38 pm »

The fall back is always blame the "connection" issues even if it's not. It's the easy answer to give. Most of the time it does apply, however this amount of people having this same issue, the bandwidth response does not fit. 

You're probably right, unless it's on the server end of things.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2014, 04:42:08 pm »

I'm not savvy to the server connection process or anything but I live in SoCal and my ping is around 115 avg, hitting 300 occasionally. I used trace route to the login server and my ping up to hop 13 was 2~3ms. Hop 14 was 115ms in Connecticut somewhere so it's not on my end. Something is going on for sure.
Oddly enough I was looking at dbg.txt and there was this line "getting_weathereport" or some such which I hear is normal but it was in there 4 times in a row. Maybe it was having a hard time handshaking?

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 01:41:36 pm »

I'm not savvy to the server connection process or anything

Really?  Not savvy?  I don't know if what you said was factual or not...but it sounded like you are very savvy to the computer illiterate,like me  Cheesy

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 11:54:16 pm »

I've been on travel and <fill in any other excuse for being crazily busy here>.

Anyways, is this an issue for folks? This is not something that I want to let sit if there are performance issues still lingering, to me there is not excuse to be having quality of life issues when there is something that can be done about it.

The problem is getting enough data to correlate and pinpoint what the issue is.

EZ Server GM
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 08:14:50 am »

I'm not sure if this dove tails in with this thread or not, but I have noticed that when I do T9 with another player I get some pretty bad lag. They do as well.

When I do the zone by myself, no issues, do it all the time. But, I have recently been tag teaming with other people to pass the time easier and I've found you just get horrible lag  Undecided

btw, the lag is not just on my end, but they report it as well.

its kind of like our zones don't mind 12,000 instances, but they don't like 2 different players in one zone if that makes sense lol. The server wants us solo!

anyway, thanks Akka for shedding light on this if you can

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 08:21:56 am »

Recently (last couple months) I've also had zones completely freeze on me and crash with only two toons in there, or even solo. Mostly happens when I am looting. Like halfway thru an HoH pile or qvic trash, it's just pulled up loot window, wont let me loot the item, then stays there indefinitely (until I /q). As well as large lag in some of the more regularly used zones; Nexus, T6, etc.

-Anuli
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 08:33:47 pm »

I've been on travel and <fill in any other excuse for being crazily busy here>.

Anyways, is this an issue for folks? This is not something that I want to let sit if there are performance issues still lingering, to me there is not excuse to be having quality of life issues when there is something that can be done about it.

The problem is getting enough data to correlate and pinpoint what the issue is.

Akka,
I know this is little to no help but the server was purring like a kitten before the Halloween event. There were multiple issues at that time, disconnects crashing and then we had the server attacks. The crashing etc... I think was due to the files as I have not had any issues since I reverted files and stopped using slim globals. With that said the server has been odd ever since Halloween and really since you patched the tell queues. It is experiencing a lag like symptom that effect characters randomly and usually after a zone. Perfect example is I /bcaa //say enter guild stonehive and all 18 toons will zone. A few out of the 18 will show in zone, their groups bars will display that they are not in the same zone. I can run the toon around manually but it wont response to /bca commands. About 30 seconds after that toon zones in, I will see the spam that it joined the raid in say with all others, the group bars will show in zone and the character will respond to /bca commands but it may experience loot lag or server lag. I have never noticed this before and have no idea if its related to anything. Honestly its random enough to not be a big dealer really, I can function as it is.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 10:03:44 pm »

my 2 cents worth, I think it all revolves around expeditions and that last server file/source update

something just doesn't quite jive with what we had going on.

its like the gears line up and turn but not perfectly  Huh Roll Eyes Shocked

idk, just my thoughts

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2014, 12:53:31 am »

I can tell it won't be easy but I will figure out what's going on, may have to spend a weekend troubleshooting what's going on.

It makes it even more difficult when you cannot reproduce it and it is intermittent.

EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 10:19:14 am »

Load up 6 or 7 toons...then zone a few times....you will see the issues..

pulling 30 mobs in tov last night I had several toons suddenly at char select....(including my paladin and druid)

so on zoning from wipe i lost 2 more toons...

I can normally pull up to 40+ before I have any kind of desync..

I only run 8 toons

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 10:25:31 am »

For me it is very intermittent,  and eventually results in near lock up for 5 seconds or so.  What it feels like is that snoop/jail code that was installed in T-6 to detect trains.  I get small lag pulses from time to time and the longer I am in zone the worse the lag gets.  
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 02:04:00 pm »

very true, in T9 if I pull more than say 40 mobs, insta DC on all toons. this has happened 3-4 times this week.

also true on the amount of time you stay in the zone, more time = more lag. This is most noticeable in looting, when you first zone in you can loot as fast as you can hit the buttons, over time tho the corpses do not disappear as fast after being looted. PITA!

also something ive noticed is the older the zone is the less it works properly. ie: spawning HG, when I first create an instance its smooth sailing, by the end of the day I am killing at least 2x the amount of mobs to get HG to spawn. after 12-14 hours of being logged into the zone, forget it, takes forever to spawn.

*wru zerka*

anyway, it just seems as if the zone deteriorates and doesn't work correctly the longer you stay.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2014, 02:08:04 pm »

I might be wrong here, but im not entirely sure it is our server. I think it might be the log in server getting flooded.

Here is my theory,

Basically i have noticed the log in server has been changing our server # even in the middle of the day lately. I.e yesterday i couldnt even log in watchyoudie for about 3 min first it wouldnt connect to the server then it wouldnt pull up the server select screen then it wouldnt load into the zone. All this happened on server number (x). next attempt log in pretty much ok. load the .bat file and noticed the server # had changed from the one i just entered from the 1st few attempts when my toon logged into the wrong server. fixed the server # logged in just fine. I have noticed on other occasions that the server # has changed in the middle of the day before where i have had to edit my autologin info. Now from what i have noticed and i may be wrong here ... but it seems like on zoning into a zone it reconnect to the login server to validate your info before zoning you in. if the login server is having issues (like it has been) then it may cause zoning to lag. Also when i sit afk in a zone as i said sometimes my ping jumps to ridiculously high ping times (sometimes well over 3k) even when im sitting in the zone alone by myself) it is possible that after x amount of time the client refreshes with the login server to validate. I remember these issues on live and a few exploits of this.

Ok now a full list of my problems that i am having.

Last week my ping times were great this week (starting sunday) 1 time i had a really high ping but other than that was all under 200ms (still pretty high on 100mb connection)

Most zones i did great zoning into however i had multiple client crashes zoning into stonehive. then multiple crashes zoning into the expiditions. (for some reason it didnt even port my whole group only 1 or 2 toons and i had to manually do the rest) and they still crashed. after completing the first level of the dungeon i had no issues with crashing clients, however the server # changed (why it raised a flag for me ... also noticed a few other times too). finished exp went to t5 dungeon only ported me had to manually do the rest (also had to manually hail all toons to get credit for quest)

now i havent played in weeks because of the damn issues, so if you go back and read this thre the other thread and the Halloween thread. People have been experience similar issues some dont report it some do.

Im not getting rolling lag like kwai unless I'm pulling MASS trains (i.e. all of hoh at onces)

I am experience the multi person lag like others though, this issue has been around longer than what this thread is for though. (this issue seems to be almost of if the instance is "hosted" and another person joins and with the multi data stream it desyncs with the server sometimes.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2014, 02:31:57 pm »

I've had that problem for a while now. Some toons zone, some get hung up and I have to reboot their client. I've noticed that if you sit in a zone for a period of time before porting, the toons will port fine. For instance. I pull too many, wipes the raid. Everyone zones to raid spot. If I immediately /bca say enter guild oldcommons, over half will crash on that zone. If I let the raid sit for 3-5 mins before porting them, 99% of them make it except for that 1 box that always has the high ping.

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 05:03:17 pm »

I think we're onto something with the zone dropping issue in the coders channel. I'll update when I know more.

EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992
  • Total Topics: 5054